Verified:

clintonista Game profile

Feb 9th 2018, 14:06:28

Express was once a lively challenging battleground. The cheaters ruined that game.

For a decade, theorists have tried in vain to shed the shackles imposed after The HoLaEcaust.

Everyone concedes that there is an imbalance in favor of techers.
A key component of that imbalance is the ease of stocking on Express.

Because of the low bushel prices, GDI protection from espionage and ridiculous purchasing practices of bots, stocking is child's play.

The difficulties of fixing all three of these components has resulted in paralysis.

Finesse all those difficulties with one easy rule change. ONE One change can save this server.

NEW RULE:
A country may have no more than five million bushels for sale on the market.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 9th 2018, 14:19:45

only 5m bushels leads to higher oil prices.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 9th 2018, 14:40:48

You are just looking for ways to make your own style of play more powerful... And it has nothing to do with LaE or your obsession thereof.

Stocking is not the issue, prices are. In fact stocking adds an interesting dimension to the game, and doing it wrong will leave players exposed to people like you. Removing the option makes the game easier not harder, because it is one less aspect to be good at.

In all likelyhood tho, if implemented in a short server like express the change in playstyle would not affect any other strat than techer, as most other strats just stock turns and cash mainly.

clintonista Game profile

Feb 9th 2018, 14:49:26

Marshal,
The increase in oil prices is one of many ancillary benefits to the rule change.
This forum is filled with threads about how to increase the playability of oilers.

Gerdler,
Stocking is hard???? No, on this server, it truly is child's play.
You are right that this rule change will only impact techers.

That is the point.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 9th 2018, 15:04:56

Obviously I don't think stocking is difficult but its obvious to everyone that plays this server that some people stock less efficiently than me, ebert and elliot. So theres at least skill involved in it, whether that is in timing the jump, timing the start of stocking, knowing what prices to set orders and to sell at. Somewhere in all those factors that you wish to remove, some players get lost and in that they can now improve. If everyone could do it as well as ebert he would not have ~38 wins on express.

Edit: I got DPed.

Edited By: Gerdler on Feb 9th 2018, 15:52:55
See Original Post

drkprinc Game profile

Feb 9th 2018, 15:11:40

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Obviously I don't think stocking is difficult but its obvious to everyone that plays this server that some people stock less efficiently than me, ebert and elliot. So theres at least skill involved in it, weather that is in timing the jump, timing the start of stocking, knowing what prices to set orders and to sell at. Somewhere in all those factors that you wish to remove, some players get lost and in that they can now improve. If everyone could do it as well as ebert he would not have ~38 wins on express.

whether not weather ya noob! :P
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

ebert00 Game profile

Feb 9th 2018, 17:54:56

New rules suggestion:
any country Clint makes cannot perform harmful spy ops. his countries cannot produce any bushels ever, so he will be forced to buy bushels so that helps farmers
he can only tech, since that is the best strategy to win with
bots will not buy his tech though, it will skip over his and purchase the next persons tech even if more expensive
Clint cannot take more than 3 turns in a 5 minute period since that is a form of stockpiling turns.

clintonista Game profile

Feb 9th 2018, 18:01:07

gerdler states the obvious that with the current rules the key to victory is to know when to start stocking, timing the jump, and price manipulation of the default theo techer.

If we nerf stocking then the decisions to be made will be which gov type to play, which strat to use and how to use those strengths to win.

Nerf stocking.

maverickmd Game profile

Feb 9th 2018, 18:41:13

ban land grabs and all forms of attacks.

maverickmd Game profile

Feb 9th 2018, 18:41:21

make it PVE only.

sinistril Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 7:00:11

This idea would change one thing. Instead of like 50% techers with some indies, and the odd casher and farmer in the top 10, it would be 100% indy commies in the top 10 because every other strat has to stock to do well. Stocking isn't hard, it isn't meant to be, techers don't do it better than any other strat. This idea is idiotic.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Elliot Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 7:15:02

Clint, if it's sooooooo easy like you say, I will give you $100 if you can hit 55m nw before march 12th, so u got 4 chances. No bullfluff, and if u lose u don't have to give me anything in return

Elliot Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 7:24:47

Originally posted by clintonista:

You are right that this rule change will only impact techers.

That is the point.

Uh, a 15k acre farmer makes 5m food in approx 25 turns

clintonista Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 13:58:41

$100????

lmao

snow flake

ebert00 Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 14:10:03

Clint is 12. his allowance from mommy and daddy or mommy and mommy or his 2 dad's is one coin, a quarter, a week. he uses it on the fake rings at the grocery store in the vendinv machine. he still cannot count past 1, so he is confused what the number 100 is.

VicVixvi Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 14:20:54

Originally posted by ebert00:
Clint is 12. his allowance from mommy and daddy or mommy and mommy or his 2 dad's is one coin, a quarter, a week. he uses it on the fake rings at the grocery store in the vendinv machine. he still cannot count past 1, so he is confused what the number 100 is.

...and he does not know how to correctly use the word "snowflake". He associates with the time that one of the bullies at school tricked him to licking the frozen flagpole, getting his tongue stuck.

clintonista Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 16:18:00

you people really think $100 is worth something?
seriously?

not going to make myself vulnerable to hackers for a c

sinistril Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 17:16:43

you people really think $100 is worth something?
seriously?

not going to make myself vulnerable to hackers for a c

lolwut
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Elliot Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 17:17:42

I'm not saying that it's much, but it would be an amount that I could lose with no worries *if* you were to manage to pull some magic out your as$.

As for "hackers", that's just a lame excuse on your end to back out of an offer that is no risk, all reward for yourself. Crypto is a thing, you could receive that $$$ completely anonymously.

New offer: $500, and I'll give u an extra week till the 19th. Put up or shut up, rookie

ebert00 Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 17:25:41

Elliot is calling out the clown Clint. he thinks that spy ops is how ya win. and stocking is bad. there is a non 0 chance that he gets 55m nw finish. it involves every other player not playing though.

CX LaE Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 17:53:45

Silliest thread on this forum in years lol.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

clintonista Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 20:07:07

apparently you are the rookie if you don't know the hacking history of this site.

VicVixvi Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 20:30:56

Paypal account? Create a throw-away email addy, change your PP account email to it, give email addy to Elliot, receive money, change email back to your real addy, delete fake email account.

Pretty simple & practically zero % chance of getting identified, let alone hacked.

-v

clintonista Game profile

Feb 10th 2018, 23:16:46

I am not interested in chump change with a danger of getting hacked but I do have a counter offer.

As you know, to me the only way to join the greats of this game is to kill an FFA clan by playing Express like gregg, or convince a large number of people to cheat across multiple servers and publish a cheaters manifesto like DM, or hack a cheating clan's web site like you know who, or make a contribution to the Express rule set like sparks or pang.

so, if we can arrange that LaF will be forever and all time disbanded should I complete the challenge then I will accept.
That would not quite be as great as the stalwarts of the past because LaF is a tiny fraction of the clan LaE was when the Express greats took them down but I can hang with that.

Counter offer in specific:
from the time we get assurance from the admins that LaF will cease to exist if I complete the challenge I have four resets to reach $55M NW.

ebert00 Game profile

Feb 11th 2018, 0:44:08

so the truth comes out. u are one of them. u cannot, so you hate.

clintonista Game profile

Feb 11th 2018, 2:15:35

HUH? I don't hate anyone who was not in the HoLaEcaust.

I just want to join the greats. Go big or go home.

$55M by itself is not enough.

Deal?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2018, 9:45:48

The issue obviously isn't stocking. A small tweak in bots purchasing tech would likely balance techers more. There's really nothing else to discuss about it.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2018, 10:06:11

bonus

Elliot Game profile

Feb 14th 2018, 12:14:54

TTT

tldr; clintonista appears to be plagued by schizoaffective disorder or some similar mental imbalance, and we all can only hope the best for him. I sincerely hope for his own sake that he can someday regain his express land record, as this seems to be of particular importance to his cruel, twisted mind. Something something, hoLaEcaust.... (you all know the drill, just roll with it fellas)

As for him reaching 55m, well.... I would be willing to bet that heat death is a more likely outcome, i won't be holding my breath

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 14th 2018, 13:02:00

oops

Edited By: Gerdler on Feb 14th 2018, 15:56:46
See Original Post

Elliot Game profile

Feb 14th 2018, 13:11:41

BRUH I AM A DEEP STATE CIA OPERATIVE AND YOU HAVE JUST SERIOUSLY JEPORADIZED OUR PRIMARY MISSION HERE SOLDIER! STAND DOWN IMMIDIATELY BEFORE I AM FORCED TO TAKE CORRECTIVE ACTION!

/murcia

Kingme Game profile

Feb 14th 2018, 22:27:56

*YAWNS*

Alright, I see it's time for me to appear again.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 14th 2018, 22:37:53

lol@kingme

vatzooland

Feb 15th 2018, 21:40:08

I think a lot needs to be changed for fairness.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 15th 2018, 21:44:34

Originally posted by Kingme:
*YAWNS*

Alright, I see it's time for me to appear again.

Bout time
Just shut up and have another beer

Solids control HAN Game profile

Feb 16th 2018, 16:58:42

(Clint cannot take more than 3 turns in a 5 minute period since that is a form of stockpiling turns.) ebert your a fuffing riot ...lol just shut him down!!!

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

Feb 16th 2018, 17:50:18

Ttt
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

ebert00 Game profile

Feb 16th 2018, 20:26:46

between clint and ratski this server is full of tards. or is that the same tard?

Marshal Game profile

Feb 16th 2018, 21:12:35

2 diff ppls.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 16th 2018, 21:19:02

Two people, three countries? All afraid of the public market.

Helmut Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 3:04:55

Express would be great if they just fixed the bots, so they would stay alive the whole set....

yup that be Great

clintonista Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 4:55:52

I have been accused of being 27 different people so far.

Afraid of the public market? not at all, I just wish I could beneficial spy op it.

Until the bots get AI we have an imbalance problem.

Elliot Game profile

Feb 17th 2018, 6:15:02

Afraid of the public market? not at all, I just wish I could beneficial spy op it.

I've had the same idea, it would be really cool to see all ask/bids like a real stock market. It would need good implementation tho, as it would benefit Demos the most

mrford Game profile

Feb 23rd 2018, 11:39:08

Tards gon tard.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Frybert Game profile

Feb 23rd 2018, 15:40:56

Hiya ford!