Verified:

Vic Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 16:30:05

It must suck to be that stupid and unable to find ways to net with all the trading and bots available for land. I knock on traders, but at least they have to know what to do with the land.

Buyouts are for fluffes and no legit netgainer will ever respect a girly buyout finish.

mrford Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 16:33:33

no one cares

the game is boring, make it fun in your own way. stop hating.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Forgotten

Jun 1st 2016, 16:34:56

I bought out Business and Residential tech for like the first week.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Forgotten

Jun 1st 2016, 16:35:00

I bought out Business and Residential tech for like the first week.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Vic Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 17:41:21

Originally posted by mrford:
no one cares

the game is boring, make it fun in your own way. stop hating.

lol tell me you're playing in NA this set fordy!

mrford Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 18:07:45

Pretty easy to see I am. I have been suicided for over 10k acres this set too despite being all-x. Considering making it my last on this boring server.

Either way, how many grabs has LaF made on itself? That is different from a buyout how? Lol. You arnt the authority on what is legit or not. Have fun in your own way. Make the game fun in your own way.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 1st 2016, 18:13:02
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 18:31:05

Yeah, this game is pretty much a dead stick now. Think it's time some of us go Mad Max on the server and take whatever we can from the old civilization.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 1st 2016, 18:33:47

I blame Vic. He kept on saying he wanted to buy the game, then buggered off whenever we make a serious reply to him. :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Marshal Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 19:05:46

sell to arcadiagames so earth and utopia are again under same roof. :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Kat Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 20:05:23

Market manipulation is a thing, always has been. Buyouts are just one aspect of it. So is crashing it and driving prices, etc.

Land trading while specifically excluding countries outside of your tag to gain an advantage is definitely worse. And hey, it even got some people who were sick of being excluded to join the tag doing the excluding. Win win...for them.

Forgotten

Jun 1st 2016, 21:12:17

There are those who are just trying to enjoy what is left of the server.

Then there are those that would rather set it on fire than just leave.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Cable Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 21:22:54

War them if you don't like what they're doing, or hit them and pay reps or hit them and don't pay reps. But don't act like Others in your clan haven't done market buy outs

Forgotten

Jun 1st 2016, 21:41:22

LaF has not done a market buyout in every reset I have played so far in EE.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Cable Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 21:47:39

Originally posted by Forgotten:

No? This is your first reset? Funny to see SPY and Medical selling at 7500 before oil could be used to boost private market. Not to say what you claim isn't your honest opinion, but I've seen all kinds of shady fluff

Vic Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 22:46:23

Originally posted by Cable:

No? This is your first reset? Funny to see SPY and Medical selling at 7500 before oil could be used to boost private market. Not to say what you claim isn't your honest opinion, but I've seen all kinds of shady fluff

We are telling you quite clearly we have identified the buyout countries and they aren't Laf.

Also, buyouts are not even close to the same as land trading (again, I don't land trade) ... As land trading will NOT give you first, you have to trade and earn it, but a worthless buyout can indeed give someone first without any effort or earning.

All the matters is laf's opinion.

mrcuban Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 23:05:22

How did you identify the countries? Hanlong back under the laf roof?

Forgotten

Jun 1st 2016, 23:10:27

I have been playing since set 1, I sometimes take a few sets off for personal reasons.

If you look at sell times and net worth, you would know that it's not LaF that are doing the buyouts, plus, our techers aren't that bad.

I don't want to publicly shame the Alliance that is doing it, cause it would require posting proof while I am currently in an airplane crossing the pafific typing on my phone.

However, the Alliance in question has always been known to run buyouts with countries ran by their pets, mostly llaar and his cats.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Forgotten

Jun 1st 2016, 23:11:21

Originally posted by mrcuban:
How did you identify the countries? Hanlong back under the laf roof?

It's call taking net worth change times and sell times and comparing them with your eye balls.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

slip Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 23:33:34

I don't want to publicly shame the Alliance that is doing it, cause it would require posting proof while I am currently in an airplane crossing the pafific typing on my phone.

However, the Alliance in question has always been known to run buyouts with countries ran by their pets, mostly llaar and his cats.

I'm going to take the high road but lol, jk.

Schilling Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 0:01:17

I didn't do it...

Rockman Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 0:01:40

This is an alliance server, not primary. Netting is a team effort here. If an alliance chooses to boost one country rather than going for alliance wide goals, that's their right. There is nothing shameful about what is being done here.

Kat Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 1:42:19

Originally posted by Rockman:
This is an alliance server, not primary. Netting is a team effort here. If an alliance chooses to boost one country rather than going for alliance wide goals, that's their right. There is nothing shameful about what is being done here.

Teamwork makes the dream work!

Also, didn't you know? Anything that threatens LaF's goals is "shameful". Otherwise they'd have to admit they aren't the greatest at everything. :P

Also, also... Slip sighting! :D

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 1:56:50

Actually kat, rockman is in Laf and is evidence of the intellectual openness that is so unique to Laf. Like I said only laf's opinions matter, so while I consider rockman's comment worthy and the rest of the non Laf comments worthless, rockman is still wrong. Buyouts are shameful and talentless :p
Land trading is for fluff kids too, but buyouts are ten levels more n0b hey look at me im an ffa fluff kid than trading even

Kat Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 2:04:25

Originally posted by Vic:
evidence of the intellectual openness that is so unique to Laf

O.o

That was uncalled for. Since when do other clans not respect different views within their clans? I, for one, just trained two new players to net for the first time here and they both disagreed with a piece of strategy and chose to go the other way in a few places. Yeah, it might have lost them each around 50mil+ nw, but they'll finish in the t50 and I respect them for making their own choices. :D

amy winehouse

Jun 2nd 2016, 2:22:04

If market aiding is wrong so are strategy advisors or classes or having somebody teach you outside of your grade ten math teacher.

Why does everybody have to always totes cheat bra?

Heart vic ;p

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 4:45:54

I agree strongly with Rockman. This is a team play server. Whatever goal a tag wishes to pursue, there is nothing wrong with it as long as it is within the rules set by the admins.

Cable Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 5:07:35

We are telling you quite clearly we have identified the buyout countries and they aren't Laf.

Also, buyouts are not even close to the same as land trading (again, I don't land trade) ... As land trading will NOT give you first, you have to trade and earn it, but a worthless buyout can indeed give someone first without any effort or earning.

All the matters is laf's opinion.

I didn't say it was LaF this set, I said it has happened in the past. I doubt it would take much digging to go back 18 months give or take where a Herbs was close to a win and some FA, some buy outs and some poorly timed attacks by other players farming their own tag to steal stock to boost, may or may not have happened...

The Cloaked Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 5:52:02

truth. if you want to rail against buyouts, play primary.

anyway his best bet is to public destock, no? as a demo with so few acres. so his $9b today in buyout can't be worth more then $30m NW.

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 11:27:48

Originally posted by The Cloaked:
truth. if you want to rail against buyouts, play primary.

anyway his best bet is to public destock, no? as a demo with so few acres. so his $9b today in buyout can't be worth more then $30m NW.

Unfortunately incorrect bro. :p

I'm not crying saying omg admins stop buyouts. I'm saying very simply... Buyouts take no talent and are pathetic, lol. Follow along slowly!

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 11:28:42

Also, Sam danger, the cloaked, and cable are all great guys but severe netting nubs :p

Rockman Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 12:35:35

Cable - you're one of the most clueless people I've seen on these boards, and that's a pretty impressive feat.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2016, 12:54:42

there was at least 2 buyouts, not just one

May 31, 17:00 May 31, 18:00 $1020 $10,000 $9,507.73 1,182,995
Jun 1, 14:00 Jun 1, 15:00 $600 $10,000 $9,616.30 883,039

Jun 1, 19:00 Jun 1, 20:00 $550 $550 $550.00 532,242
Jun 01/16 19:14:00 Medical 329,693 @ $550 = $181,331,150 Standing Order Purchase
Jun 01/16 19:35:00 Medical 202,549 @ $550 = $111,401,950 Standing Order Purchase

and thats when the person who bought the med tech probably sold it back to the person it was bought from

the quantities sold roughly line up

archaic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 13:10:23

This actually. There is so little uncharted territory left in this game, it would be interesting (mildly) to see what kind of NW a collaborative effort could achieve. Obviously Llaar has been doing it for years - pretty pathetically. PDM did it during the wars to get a top 10 player out of a wrecked set . . . sadly the player we vaulted was copper, who was why we got wrecked to begin with, but Irony yo.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 2nd 2016, 13:17:29

/yawns
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2016, 13:18:34

i like ffa for mucking around with 1 big country, no real reason to do it in alliance instead of there

http://www.earthempires.com/ffa/37/clans/TheGame

this guy for example got 2 t10's and highest ANW presumably totally by himself

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 13:20:34

Originally posted by archaic:

This actually. There is so little uncharted territory left in this game, it would be interesting (mildly) to see what kind of NW a collaborative effort could achieve. Obviously Llaar has been doing it for years - pretty pathetically. PDM did it during the wars to get a top 10 player out of a wrecked set . . . sadly the player we vaulted was copper, who was why we got wrecked to begin with, but Irony yo.

unfortunately another incorrect answer from an otherwise intelligent guy! FFA is for buyouts.
laf has proven that top respectable networths are achieved by economic efficiency - getting to a land goal early, stocking, and playing markets properly, and then destocking properly. no buyout joke clan can ever beat xin or ss or ensh's legit non trading scores. and that's laughable.
the buyout game is old news. you guys are blacking out here.
it's been done forever, with laughable results, and at best case some mild results that still don't keep pace with the top laf legit finishes. and land trading is for fluff kids too

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 13:22:22

once more, i'm not saying OMG please mods change this we don't want buyouts!!! i'm saying ... do a buyout, and any true legit netter laughs at you on irc :)

mrford Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 14:03:01

No life bot farming and land trading = economic efficiency

Got it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Kat Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 16:17:24

Idk who made the rules about what a "legit" netter was. That is like saying, "I used a shovel to clear this driveway, but you used a truck. I am clearly better cause I used more hard work even though my results aren't as good. I am a true driveway clearer."

No rules were broken. Get over yourself. Stop trying to change this game to suit how YOU want it to be played.

Ruthie

Jun 2nd 2016, 16:56:14

do a buyout, and any true legit netter laughs at you on irc :)

lol ... and ?
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 17:14:40

I know I used to argue about what constituted "legitness" of finish, and it was usually on a thread about LaF or Evo or LaF and Evo. Now, I don't really care.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 17:26:13

No life bot farming and land trading = economic efficiency

Got it

ah ford in half brain mode again. i'm obviously talking about xin and ss finishes with no bot farming and no land trading. all about the market play

mrford Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 17:33:50

So are buyouts....

Atleast I'm not stuck in half brain mode. Lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

slip Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 18:14:05

all about the market play

Did you really just do that?

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 19:32:42

So are buyouts....

Atleast I'm not stuck in half brain mode. Lol

nope, you are either in half brain mode or quarter brain mode. i'm talking about INDIVIDUAL market play that INDIVIDUALs themselves, and not their alliances, engaged in, to improve their networth through knowledge of the markets.

having your alliance buy your tech at 10000 IS NOT IMPROVING YOUR NETWORTH BY YOURSELF or through knowledge of the markets. ... at least stay in half brain mode, cmon.

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 19:34:00

do you nubs even know what cycling bushels and tech is??

mrford Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 21:34:47

You cry a lot about how others play the game.

Nothing with the market is solo. Stop trying to use that lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vic Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 21:47:50

struggle city lol

mrford Game profile

Jun 2nd 2016, 21:53:50

Says the guy that claims only certian types of market manipulation are legit.

Only legit finish is all-x solo tagged country that doesn't use the public market!!!!!!!!!

About how ridiculous you sound. It is a clan server. QQ about something else or go play primary. We both know you are no where near a respectable authority on legitness.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vic Game profile

Jun 3rd 2016, 0:02:17

lol good one ... Once more for the slower ones -
Buying bushels as a demo and trying to cycle them is
1. Done by only one person
2. Takes talent
3. Carries with it serious risk

Selling tech for high and having alliance mates buy it
1. Done by multiple people
2. Takes no talent
3. Carries with it zero risk.

So once more, I'm not suggesting buyouts shouldn't be done ... Im making a very clear statement that they take no talent. Simple as that. Spin it all you want cry baby who always recycles the same insults at every single person on this forum.

Oh and funny that you are involved in the buyouts.

But once more for you guys that want to talk about other servers - that's neither here not there, but what remains is:
Buying bushels as a demo and trying to cycle them is
1. Done by only one person
2. Takes talent
3. Carries with it serious risk

Selling tech for high and having alliance mates buy it
1. Done by multiple people
2. Takes no talent
3. Carries with it zero risk

We are literally talking about the difference between xin and bug. Lol.