Verified:

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 30th 2016, 21:42:18

I think many have him beat by a long shot. We rarely see him around anymore. But when we do, he's always talking about how he's so much better than everyone else. I think if he came back now he would be blown away. Who is the best netter of all time?
Do as I say, not as I do.

Marshal Game profile

May 30th 2016, 21:45:58

fully legit (no market aid, free land, etc) or legit (market aid, free land, etc) or not that legit (same as legit + multies etc)?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 30th 2016, 21:48:06

Fully natural

Marshal Game profile

May 30th 2016, 21:56:32

so no landtrading either?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

amy winehouse

May 30th 2016, 21:57:49

By definition, it needs to happen from when players ran the game.. otherwise ronnie.

Since cheating was, ourside of me hacking the game as tc or silver or copper, we need to with ZERO discussion is ingle. A close second is braden.

amy winehouse

May 30th 2016, 22:00:36

Also ss rivals like me pang vic chump char and fin as the single greatest rders and thus players ever.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 30th 2016, 22:23:20

yes I know fingolfin created many of the old strategies.

amy winehouse

May 30th 2016, 22:45:32

His ""have yellow"" destroy ucn was by far yellows greatest, err, fins second greatest strategy.

amy winehouse

May 30th 2016, 22:47:04

(The whole fbi bullfluff was by far his/their best, yall idjuts buy it today)

amy winehouse

May 30th 2016, 22:48:35

And yes Copper and chump hacked the game. YES.

En4cer Game profile

May 30th 2016, 22:55:59

I think Hao/oldman is better than SS .... but SS is definitely in the top tier of players that have ever played this game.

Vic Game profile

May 30th 2016, 22:57:01

ss is up there with hao2 (oldman) for sure

Vic Game profile

May 30th 2016, 22:58:46

just seeing en4's post ... obviously i'm the biggest hao fan of all time (just look back at some of my posts) but ss has earned my respect as seriously up there

amy winehouse

May 30th 2016, 23:13:40

Originally posted by Vic:
ss is up there with hao2 (oldman) for sure

Easy for you to say being both h2 and ss.

Forgotten

May 30th 2016, 23:15:11

I have yet to see someone else care less about the game yet still pulls a T5 finish on demand.

SS is that good.

Someone spam SS and hao back and have them compete against the current top dogs.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

amy winehouse

May 30th 2016, 23:22:51

Vic will just let either two of himself win and then as vic come nd say how great both of himself are.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 30th 2016, 23:35:19

I wish I could say I had other non deplumes that are better than my most active handle, but either way you look at it. I just all around average at this game.

Vic Game profile

May 30th 2016, 23:47:14

also dude ... ss won just a few sets ago, you make it sound like he's been gone for years when you say "i think if he came back now"

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

May 30th 2016, 23:58:12

I gotta nominate swedishviper as one of the top netters. Guy is a solid player, maybe not the best but he can certainly run a stellar average!!

And of course I just noticed this is at not fat... so prolly disregard

Lord Tarnava Game profile

May 31st 2016, 0:00:21

I am

May 31st 2016, 0:04:24

but really it is too hard to say. So many players were amazing in their time, or throughout many times.

samxz was really good. Reignz was really good during his period. SS was really good. I can say that during sets where we were all head to head, SS would typically be 30-40 turns ahead of myself, Son Goku, bakku etc. He ran his start ups and timed his hits perfectly.

Vic Game profile

May 31st 2016, 0:07:22

samxz and hao
then ss and bakku and blubb
then sg and ensh and en4
then lt maybe :p

Goofy Game profile

May 31st 2016, 0:10:57

Sodawater

'nuff said

*bonus*

NukEvil Game profile

May 31st 2016, 0:23:20

Oh god, I hope SS never sees this thread. I wonder if the speed of his head exploding from terminal expansion would be enough to destroy whatever city he might be in...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

amy winehouse

May 31st 2016, 0:28:03

five of those handles are you, vic. the facade no longer matters, my friend. just tell them all the truth.

MauricXe Game profile

May 31st 2016, 0:50:44

Xyle is probably the worst player...if not the worst leader

Scott Game profile

May 31st 2016, 0:52:33

Originally posted by MauricXe:
Xyle is probably the worst player...if not the worst leader

Have you ever seen his mangina? Disgusting!

iTarl Game profile

May 31st 2016, 2:15:26

WTK.

NNUFFVSAID

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

May 31st 2016, 4:16:13

people not mentioned in this thread

xin ichi eugene nof warlordz aqua

Rockman Game profile

May 31st 2016, 5:02:33

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
I am

I think you're the best ever at messing up the destock on a great country. We'll see what happens this set, and if you yet again find a way to not get as much networth as you should be able to get.

Serpentor Game profile

May 31st 2016, 5:08:41

There's so many with the knowledge to be the best. It's more about what player has the time to dedicate to the game to make sure everything is optimized all the time. How many times you go on a trip and let your country slack, or are busy that night so you just skip grabbing for a day, etc.. To make yourself 100% available for two months is a chore... Unless you live in front of a computer 24/7.
The EEVIL Empire

May 31st 2016, 5:10:19

Rockman, read my country thread it is already turning to a catastrophe. Few reasons why, and I intentionally chose a very risky path. 1st or bust.

mrford Game profile

May 31st 2016, 5:12:26

Originally posted by Serpentor:
There's so many with the knowledge to be the best. It's more about what player has the time to dedicate to the game to make sure everything is optimized all the time. How many times you go on a trip and let your country slack, or are busy that night so you just skip grabbing for a day, etc.. To make yourself 100% available for two months is a chore... Unless you live in front of a computer 24/7.

Tryhards will always win. Effort isn't always the same as skill. Solid point.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Rockman Game profile

May 31st 2016, 5:15:25

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
Rockman, read my country thread it is already turning to a catastrophe. Few reasons why, and I intentionally chose a very risky path. 1st or bust.

I figured as much. You had to know that path would be bust.

It's too bad Xinhuan isn't here to give you advice, he'd probably be my pick for the best player of all time.

May 31st 2016, 6:00:27

Why go for ~5th when there's a shot at 1st?

Someone jumped the gun on my by 6 hours or so and spoiled the market in me, I felt there was a good chance it would happen, but aiming for 5th is never in my mind set, so I gambled

Especially since unless things go much worse I still should finish t5 or 10

Forgotten

May 31st 2016, 6:19:46

LT will probably screw up destocking and end up 11th.

First to break $500m would be cool, we should see that within a few sets if market plays nice.

I've always said going for Top Ten is easy, so I just mess with other stuff like Theo Decay Casher for giggles or pure All X farmer aiming at $200m, or Zero Turn played countries.

I think I kinda proved it this reset, tried hard for 20 days or so, had I logged in 30 seconds earlier and not gotten ABed, I would be neck in neck to challenge for the win this set.

Heck, maybe if I get another Top Ten, it'll make those 'top tier' netters to come back and put me in my place, 11th Tier in LaF

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 31st 2016, 17:04:15

'Best player' is only relevant to the time period in which they played. SS, while a bit arrogant, is a very good player. No denying that.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

May 31st 2016, 18:36:06

ss 1st tier country names

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

May 31st 2016, 18:36:42

some people had boring country names, like bakku was always the same i think

SolidSnake Game profile

May 31st 2016, 20:17:41

I guess it is debatable, it would be between hao, chun, eug, enshula, xin, bakku, hlw, samxz and me I would say and it's pretty interchangable by reset and what style suited the reset, some had an aggressive risk taking like me some were more about maximizing what you have like enshula. And yes they are all ex laf but at the moment I cant think of a person outside of laf that I ever was concerned about beating me to rank 1, not saying that no one ever got close, just that no one else was consistently good they would just have the odd good reset or some form of aid, free land, etc.

That said the skill level has decreased pretty drastically any newb can fart on a keyboard and get a t10 these days.

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
I think many have him beat by a long shot. We rarely see him around anymore. But when we do, he's always talking about how he's so much better than everyone else. I think if he came back now he would be blown away. Who is the best netter of all time?

As far as all that, you cant antagonize me into playing again, you'd have to be a far better player that i have a actual disdain for to get me to play again, like maybe if pang wanted to netgain against me or slagpit, though neither of them are any good neither I didn't like them more than I don't like you, not to say I don't like you, I don't like you, but I also have not got a clue who you are.
I've won the last 3 times I've netgained, get 5 good players to play and i'd consider playing, right now the only challenge I can legitimately see would be trying to go untagged all set to win, and the admins would just tell everyone that i run the country to get me suicided anyway so what's the point.

P.S.
The following people suck
Pang
Slagpit
Tan (I cant remember if you'd changed your name to something else, but if you have add that name to this list too)
Vic
Lord Travana
Nukevil
Vic (Again)
Forgo
Everyone that ever thought evo were good
Everyone that was ever a leader in evo
Everyone that doesnt know how much of a tool slagpit was (is?)
Vic (Again)
Most of PDM
iScode
Vic (Again)
and Syko_Killa

(I'm sure I missed out a few people, so feel free to add to the list).

Edited By: SolidSnake on May 31st 2016, 20:30:12

SolidSnake Game profile

May 31st 2016, 20:18:53

May 31st 2016, 20:39:57

love you too SS

May 31st 2016, 20:50:32

I think what hurts the most about pulling the trigger on my destock a day late(trying to give myself the shot at NW record) is more that I may miss beating SS's techer record. I should have blown past that, while playing on my phone mostly living in hotels... and from what enshula and en4cer say, your set was better for techers

;-)

Vic Game profile

May 31st 2016, 23:21:45

lol ss sighting!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 31st 2016, 23:32:53

lol

there were always 2 camps in LaF: those who thought SS' ego was overblown in one camp and SS in the other

glad to see he's still doing that whine-bragging thing like I remember!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Rockman Game profile

May 31st 2016, 23:36:40

What about the camp in LaF that thinks that the entire alliance is full of people with bloated egos, and that's the characteristic that makes LaF what it is? And yes, I'm one of those people with bloated egos. And its why I fit in so well in LaF.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 31st 2016, 23:42:52

I wouldn't disagree with that statement either. However, I'm completely inactive and don't have any idea what the current complexion of LaF is like.

I hope everyone is doing well, regardless :)

Edited By: Pang on Jun 1st 2016, 0:44:57
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

The Cloaked Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 1:43:29

mmm, I always thought that the whole LaF being full of bloated egos was always a little overblown. There've always been a few huge personalities that do a lot of talking. But most of LaF are actually pretty chill cats. Combine that with the fact that many of us have been playing for 15+ years and are now in our thirties and it's even more quiet then it used to be.

regarding the best player ever: there are probably a dozen or so people who know all the numbers and could be the best. The best I've seen in my time in LaF have been xin and hao2(7-8 years? I can't remember if DSG or SS was the don back then). But I'm barely active nowadays and I think en4 and ensh have been dominating all netting for what? a year now?

regarding this sets finish. tarnava, you'll finish very well. i don't think you realize how steep the skill dropoff is nowadays. somewhere between a quarter and a third of the people you think are gonna finish t20 will butcher their destocks and finish nowhere close.

Edited By: The Cloaked on Jun 1st 2016, 1:47:07
See Original Post

Vic Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 2:30:43

"somewhere between a quarter and a third of the people you think are gonna finish t20 will butcher their destocks and finish nowhere close."

although that's been happening forever :p

and i agree with the cloaked, egos and all, laf is a very chill place.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 1st 2016, 3:52:57

First of all I never said I was in the running for the best So i'm not sure why your attacking me SS, Some of your biggest fans think your one of the best. I have played on/off since 14 when I was a freshman in High school. I'm 30 now, but I have never been a good netter and I wouldn't nominate myself. Who the hell said I wanted you to net anyways. I told you in a post a few months ago. I could care less if you were to come back or not. I just wanted to know if you were the best or not according to other players, not what you think about yourself.