Verified:

archaic Game profile

May 27th 2016, 16:14:47

I have been on a lot of forum groups, but I've never been on one with a complete lack of moderation where a single person was allowed to hijack the entire community with impunity for days at a time. One drunk retired RD guy is having a greater influence today than the whole damn RD tag had in 2003.

Until you guys figure out a way to halt the necrophilia zombie apocalypse, I am not going to even bother with anything but the bonus threads.

(bonus)
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Ruthie

May 27th 2016, 16:52:38

my thoughts exactly archaic

why even bother with this place anymore
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 27th 2016, 18:20:55

archaic, you are letting the terrorists win, which means you are clearly against us rather than with us, which means Rick Perry has to kick you out of Texas now.

Kat Game profile

May 27th 2016, 19:07:09

SAM_DANGER should rename himself Zapp Brannigan. :)

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2016, 19:11:16

inclined to agree with you archaic
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Ruthie

May 27th 2016, 19:25:40

*hands sam the red leather pants*
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 27th 2016, 19:35:56

We are doing what we can. All the mods are volunteers. We do not get paid lol.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Kat Game profile

May 27th 2016, 19:37:09

Can we just get rid of the forum handle feature? I don't see a pressing reason why there should be multiple handles for one player.

amy winehouse

May 27th 2016, 19:47:28

perhaps we can keep the different handles, but be able to i don't know, follow the particular handle back to it's original account..

and making a second game account, like i login with my login.. i can go create another one.. that should get people deleted. one game account, as many forum handles as you might want (sometimes i post sarcastically pro liberal and i use the Huma Abedin handle, but you should be able to see that the handle, or the amy winehouse, or the victor victoria are all under the same game account.

but i'm drunk and ford scott and heston should all be here shortly to suggest i'm somehow being racist, i'm sure, and ruth will sigh, and red will tell us all again that he isn't paid, and i'll drink more, and archaic will play the knight in shining armour, trying to bring reason back, and this entire thread here is like perfectly analogous of the forums themselves.

we're all to blame. does archaic or ruth try to make worthwhile conversation? no. they comment. everybody comments. nobody brings original thought or discussion here anymore. somebody posts, and everybody else attacks- but some of us also drink.

Ruthie

May 27th 2016, 19:58:42

worthwhile conversation? lol

all I ever see on here is arguments

and even if you try to post an original thought or discussion, it turns into another argument

I was always active on these boards but now? no thank you
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2016, 20:01:39

aye, i'm with you on that Ruth
its absolutely pointless bringing a subject up, only to be shouted down ... or name-calling
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

archaic Game profile

May 27th 2016, 20:05:00

Commenting is just where its at, the notion of actually 'saying something' on the internet was killed by the ironically named social media long ago. What an odd thing, social media making us so much less social. We all now just think in sound bites. Its so much easier to just like or retweet somebody elses inane bullfluff than to actually be original.

I gave up being a content generator a long time ago. I'll just take the new, modern, lazy mans way out - 144 characters at a time. See, you guys are a bad influence on me - I'm over my quota, I'm straying from the Cliffs Notes version of Archaic back into the novel version.

We can't have that now can we?

Over The Hill Game profile

May 27th 2016, 20:15:30

Originally posted by archaic:
Until you guys figure out a way to halt the necrophilia zombie apocalypse, I am not going to even bother with anything but the bonus threads.

(bonus)

promises, promises, and yet you keep on posting

Commenting is just where its at, the notion of actually 'saying something' on the internet was killed by the ironically named social media long ago. What an odd thing, social media making us so much less social. We all now just think in sound bites. Its so much easier to just like or retweet somebody elses inane bullfluff than to actually be original.

I gave up being a content generator a long time ago. I'll just take the new, modern, lazy mans way out - 144 characters at a time. See, you guys are a bad influence on me - I'm over my quota, I'm straying from the Cliffs Notes version of Archaic back into the novel version.

We can't have that now can we?

amy winehouse

May 27th 2016, 20:30:03

Originally posted by Ruthie:
worthwhile conversation? lol

all I ever see on here is arguments

and even if you try to post an original thought or discussion, it turns into another argument

I was always active on these boards but now? no thank you

i wasn;'t attacking you, this isn't survivor and your head isn't on the chopping block, but you essentially agreed with every word i said.

you might read this post, and say ok fine, but then somebody else will come and read this and pick a fight.

i suppose it's easy to say braden picked a fight, but no, braden, i speak in the third person here, but braden all he did was suggest words which were, by you ruth, agreed.

so whether you meant to or not, you did side with me. and i accept this as you being a mature, intelligent, grown woman, whereas the rest of us are idiots. myself, i wholly, welcome as one of them.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 27th 2016, 20:58:02

PM your admins here or on irc to help influence forum changes. Mods have limits.

Kat Game profile

May 27th 2016, 21:28:35

Originally posted by amy winehouse:
perhaps we can keep the different handles, but be able to i don't know, follow the particular handle back to it's original account..

and making a second game account, like i login with my login.. i can go create another one.. that should get people deleted. one game account, as many forum handles as you might want (sometimes i post sarcastically pro liberal and i use the Huma Abedin handle, but you should be able to see that the handle, or the amy winehouse, or the victor victoria are all under the same game account.

These are good suggestions. I like them and their practicality. It adds some desperately needed regulation as well as a compromise for those who have gotten attached to their handles.

And, personally, Braden has never bothered me, but then again neither has Heston or Scott. Ford has ticked me off a couple times, but I'm pretty sure I've also ticked him off just as many times. I don't consider myself magic or any more intelligent than the next person... and I'm especially not the most agreeable, but somehow I am unscathed as a somewhat frequent poster.

One second we proclaim that the forums aren't interesting, but then drama happens and we're crying for it to be resolved instead of sitting back and enjoying the break in monotony. Braden drama is okay, quite tame actually, based on what other forums can be like.

Whoever this annoying person who's been bumping things is, isn't contributing to drama, he's just making it difficult to sort through threads. That is not okay. Braden's solution seems viable. Let's figure it out.

mrcuban Game profile

May 27th 2016, 22:36:19

You cant keep using the 'we aren't paid' argument as a means to justify the lack of moderation. How many mods of forums actually get paid? Not many.

If it cant be moderated properly than remove the boards altogether.

This cesspool that is AT is a shambles and needs to be moderated or removed. Its become an outlet for idiots to be idiots. And genuine members of this game who contribute positively to this game are forced away back to their own diminishing sites. Which again soon removes the need to even login again to this game...

The_Hawk

May 28th 2016, 2:05:54

Check the IP if it came from UH it is probably winter he is bored

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Frybert Game profile

May 28th 2016, 2:34:33

Originally posted by mrcuban:
How many mods of forums actually get paid? Not many.

I get paid...

just not from the forum I moderate.

Marshal Game profile

May 28th 2016, 10:24:49

Originally posted by mrcuban:
How many mods of forums actually get paid? Not many.

bliizard's and other big companies mods get paid, world of tanks too, joltomac's orig mods got paid prolly, armor and kong mods get paid something, etc.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Ruthie

May 28th 2016, 13:12:56

probably bigger forums than this one

the issue with these boards isnt a new one, it just seems to have hit a breaking point
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 28th 2016, 14:23:32

Apologies -- I'm super busy right now and don't really have any time for projects. That's been the case for the last few years, I don't know when that will end for me :p I just pop in and read the forums once in a while, often doing some lite trolling on the pro-Patriots side of football threads (all in good fun).

Our mods are awesome, we appreciate all the hard work they do. Definitely don't blame them for someone being an idiot. We keep the lights on but they're the ones keeping this community alive at this point.

I will agree that the quality of argument/discussion has gone way downhill on AT over the last couple of years, part of the ongoing trend that's been happening since like 1997. It's still the internet so you go into every argument knowing it's going to end with Hitler references, racism and name calling. That's not necessarily unique to our community.

The problem with disabling new handles is that you can still make new accounts and IMO handles at least keeps things bucketed so it's easier to prune them back if needed. I think the solution is for all new handles to have a captcha on their posts for the first 20-30 posts unless a mod opts them into full membership. I'm certainly open to other ideas.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2016, 14:56:53

if someone is too much of a pest ip delete them i guess

not sure about the thread necros, maybe auto flag accounts doing it a large number of times and shadow ban them in some way

ie make those threads not be topped for anyone other than them if the last post in it was 6+ months old and theyve done a few of them

Frybert Game profile

May 28th 2016, 15:18:24

Shadow bans are a terrible thing all around. Not to mention, its not really a shadow once the person logs off.

Marshal Game profile

May 28th 2016, 15:36:09

Originally posted by Ruthie:
probably bigger forums than this one

wow, wot, etc for sure, armor et kong have alot games hosted and premium stuffs so need for mods is higher than in this game.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 28th 2016, 16:04:17

vern Game profile

May 28th 2016, 17:56:41

Prime is a mod ?

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Link Game profile

May 28th 2016, 18:41:21

Originally posted by Red X:

you guys should look at my idea on the questions forum about a premium server and get the devs to do it.. and thenmaybe you could get paid.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 28th 2016, 19:19:39

Originally posted by Link:
Originally posted by Red X:

you guys should look at my idea on the questions forum about a premium server and get the devs to do it.. and thenmaybe you could get paid.

I'm not worried about getting paid. I just don't like being attacked when I volunteer for something. Also, I'd love a premium server. It's something boltar and I was pushing for a long time ago.

Raging Budda Game profile

May 28th 2016, 20:06:23

Any one else remember the Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platnium status under the Mehul days?
Your base is mine!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 28th 2016, 20:20:48

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
Any one else remember the Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platnium status under the Mehul days?

I had a Plat thanks to macdamain, or however you spell it. He actually gave me enough plat accounts to start a 4a alliance. He bought them to make diamonds or something of the sort.

Marshal Game profile

May 28th 2016, 20:23:32

yes, bronze was easy to get, silver and plat required spending money (either player itself or friend), don't remember gold being mentioned anywhere.

red x: macdamon. some saints like drinks lost their plat.

Dissident Game profile

May 28th 2016, 20:33:47

i bought a plat account too.

waiting for my dividend cheques...

Marshal Game profile

May 28th 2016, 20:46:59

game's lifetime not yours.

NightShade

May 28th 2016, 20:51:29

Back in the Swirve.com days, I paid for my Platinum account only to have it hacked.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Marshal Game profile

May 28th 2016, 21:08:56

swirve is nowadays owned by some Elizabeth Tucker.

https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=swirve.com

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

May 28th 2016, 21:14:50

The best solution is to have threads auto close and "archive" after a period of time, say 2 months from the last post since that is how long a set is.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

archaic Game profile

May 29th 2016, 1:22:51

Yeah, just auto archive anything off of page 1, and I think shadow-bans are not out of line in this case.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

May 29th 2016, 4:22:36

for the automated type spam bots with a link isnt it better to let them think they are still posting than ban them and have them make a new account

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 29th 2016, 4:51:17

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
The best solution is to have threads auto close and "archive" after a period of time, say 2 months from the last post since that is how long a set is.

and

Originally posted by enshula:
for the automated type spam bots with a link isnt it better to let them think they are still posting than ban them and have them make a new account

this.

These two recommendations have merit.

Thank You, SOL and LaF for having people that think.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 29th 2016, 6:28:57

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a shadow ban? Sounds spooky!!!!

Marshal Game profile

May 29th 2016, 9:48:10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_banning

also spambots don't just post links they also post wall of texts.

archaic Game profile

May 29th 2016, 14:33:43

Marshal, STFU this was a perfectly good thread til you started spamming it.

A shadow ban is basically where only a banned poster can see his posts. He thinks he is participating in the thread, but nobody else sees him.

Link Game profile

May 29th 2016, 15:05:23

LOL that is some sad fluff to do to someone
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Link Game profile

May 29th 2016, 15:05:36

would marshal even notice a shadow ban?
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Marshal Game profile

May 29th 2016, 15:30:26

oh shutup archy.

Uncle James Game profile

May 30th 2016, 21:54:23

Just put a * beside each handle's name so if they have more handles than one they get a * for each handle they have.

ME NO *> AND MOST OF US HAVE ONLY ONE HANDLE >

WHOMEVER WITH THREE HANDLES GETS THREE ***. ON EVERY HANDLE THEY OWN MORE THAN ONE ***>

MAKE IT SO> EASY TO DO AND THEN ALL CAN SEE WHO WE ARE TALKING TO>

Edited By: Uncle James on May 30th 2016, 21:57:35
See Original Post

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 31st 2016, 1:14:55

Marshal, STFU this was a perfectly good thread til you started spamming it.

A shadow ban is basically where only a banned poster can see his posts. He thinks he is participating in the thread, but nobody else sees him.
Whats your country, I have alot of Missiles.
Do as I say, not as I do.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 31st 2016, 4:37:28

OH THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 2nd 2016, 21:20:53

Basically you should blame pang for not finishing the job! Its a logical flaw in the code! Everyone blame pang!

JK love you pang! Lets blame Nuke instead!