Verified:

mrford Game profile

May 19th 2016, 2:44:25

the best pure shooter ever?

i mean, wow. he has been putting on a clinic all year, and the playoffs have been no different. the guy has skills. mad skillz

some of the shots he takes and makes with ease are incredible. he has one of the quickest releases i have ever seen and you have to guard him as soon as he crosses the half court line. it is insane.

love to see a fellow charlotte boy tear it up!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Vic Game profile

May 19th 2016, 4:11:45

I'm a hardcore mj g.o.a.t. guy and have hated on lebron's shot since day 1 ... And I can say that curry is nearing an mj level.

best shot though is obviously jesus shuttlesworth

mrford Game profile

May 19th 2016, 4:16:35

i honestly think curry has a better shot than MJ, but MJ was obviously a better overall player. there is a difference!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Vic Game profile

May 19th 2016, 4:57:40

i just can't bring myself to say he has a better shot than mj because it is a different style but i think you're probably right

PapaSmurf Game profile

May 19th 2016, 6:07:08

Its almost impossible to compare anyways, the league was so different when MJ played.

mrford Game profile

May 19th 2016, 6:24:27

That is a lazy excuse. I'm talking about just the shot.

Best pure shooter. Curry wins by a country mile imo.

I suppose time will tell.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

victor victoria

May 19th 2016, 12:16:59

Curry is stupid good.

Vic with Shuttlesworth isnt wrong.

My only questions would be larry bird or the logo, jerry west?
I never watched either two or even jordan..

victor victoria

May 19th 2016, 12:17:30

West may have been more a passer, though.. ive really no idea..

BladeEWG Game profile

May 20th 2016, 1:18:39

I'd post here,but my opinion would be wrong I'm sure

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 1:35:40

cry about it to someone who cares you special snowflake.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BladeEWG Game profile

May 20th 2016, 1:39:15

Oh don't get your panties in such a bunch ford. You don't have to respond to every post...relax bunkie

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 1:40:10

this is my thread. i will respond as often as i want. take your emo fluff down the road.

you seem to think that the right to have an opinion makes it automatically valid.

you have the right to that opinion, but i also have the right to call you a dumbass for having it. stop crying when people dissagree with the dumb fluff you say. balls up.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BladeEWG Game profile

May 20th 2016, 1:46:13

Waaaaaaa this is MY thread LOL

Pathetic little man

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 1:47:31

like i said. weak points and responses from a weak mind.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BladeEWG Game profile

May 20th 2016, 1:49:55

Lame, you need to come up with something worth responding too.
All I see from you of late is the sos
No more original thoughts ford? Did you last one die of loneliness?

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 1:53:41

do you really think that was a valid response? do you think making fluff up is clever? you are the one who always resorts to fluffing about your feelings here. you still havnt made a worthwhile response to the thread topic. you just want to fluff, and i'm predictable? lol every topic turns into you avoiding backing up your views and talking about how mean the internet is.

you would be entertaining if you wernt so disgustingly weak.

Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vic Game profile

May 20th 2016, 3:00:28

this thread was way too cordial for a bit ... i was getting worried.

slip Game profile

May 20th 2016, 7:25:21

easily. theres no one even close to him when it comes to shooting. im a big uconn homer if that means anything.

to touch on what vic said, hes not even top 10 all time, yet. too small of a sample size. i mean, McGrady was better than Kobe for a season. If he keeps this up for a couple more years, the GOAT conversations can start.

BladeEWG Game profile

May 20th 2016, 9:22:58

Originally posted by mrford:
do you really think that was a valid response? do you think making fluff up is clever? you are the one who always resorts to fluffing about your feelings here. you still havnt made a worthwhile response to the thread topic. you just want to fluff, and i'm predictable? lol every topic turns into you avoiding backing up your views and talking about how mean the internet is.

Typical response ford. You lost points for lack of originality.
Its the sos every day with you. Belittle someone to make you feel worth something.
Pathetic little man

Hawkster Game profile

May 20th 2016, 14:37:10

MJ and Bird are no.

MJ is the best player of all time (and prolly always will be) but he was known more for being play maker than a pure shooter. Was still an awesomeshooter too, but even in his day was never considered the best pure shooter.

I was a HUGE fan of Bird, but he was not a natural and had to work extremely hard to be as good as he was. When he was hot, sure he rivaled and could beat the best pure shooters. But definitely not for all time.

I have never seen Curry, so cant really judge.

However the best pure shooter I have ever seen, no one has ever heard of. He lived in my neighborhood was mid 20's when I was still teen, was 6' something (think 6'5") and could shoot 95% from anywhere in the paint. Sadly I did not see him play much on a full court so do not know about his outside 3 point shot much. The couple times I did, he shot well from outside too, just wasnt enough for me to to say how well. We would ask him to shoot from all over just to see how well he did and most time he would do 10/10, extending it to 20 before he might miss. Not the fastest release I have ever seen but it was quick. Even when he was guarded, often double or even triple guarded he still would make more than he missed. I did not keep count so dont know how well, best I can say is between 50 - 90%.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 15:26:33

Originally posted by BladeEWG:

Its the sos every day with you. Belittle someone to make you feel worth something.
Pathetic little man

I do not call you stupid and a fluff because it makes me feel better. I do because that is the way you conduct yourself. Look at how you have acted in this very thread. You changed it. Not me. Get over your self loathing and pitty parties and come sit at the big boys table when you are ready.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 15:30:55

Originally posted by Hawkster:
MJ and Bird are no.

MJ is the best player of all time (and prolly always will be) but he was known more for being play maker than a pure shooter. Was still an awesomeshooter too, but even in his day was never considered the best pure shooter.

I was a HUGE fan of Bird, but he was not a natural and had to work extremely hard to be as good as he was. When he was hot, sure he rivaled and could beat the best pure shooters. But definitely not for all time.

I have never seen Curry, so cant really judge.

However the best pure shooter I have ever seen, no one has ever heard of. He lived in my neighborhood was mid 20's when I was still teen, was 6' something (think 6'5") and could shoot 95% from anywhere in the paint. Sadly I did not see him play much on a full court so do not know about his outside 3 point shot much. The couple times I did, he shot well from outside too, just wasnt enough for me to to say how well. We would ask him to shoot from all over just to see how well he did and most time he would do 10/10, extending it to 20 before he might miss. Not the fastest release I have ever seen but it was quick. Even when he was guarded, often double or even triple guarded he still would make more than he missed. I did not keep count so dont know how well, best I can say is between 50 - 90%.

You should watch some of curry's practice shoot around and get back to us. 40 3s in a row is nothing for him.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BladeEWG Game profile

May 20th 2016, 16:32:04

Pathetic little man

I do not call you stupid and a fluff because it makes me feel better. I do because that is the way you conduct yourself. Look at how you have acted in this very thread. You changed it. Not me. Get over your self loathing and pitty parties and come sit at the big boys table when you are ready.

That's what you're calling it now? The big boys table? Sorry , it's still your little circle jerk of trolls no matter what you call it. I decline your invitation

Heston Game profile

May 20th 2016, 16:43:09

Sorry , it's still your little circle jerk of trolls no matter what you call it. I decline your invitation

More gay blade.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

victor victoria

May 20th 2016, 16:58:47

Shoot around threes are the measure of the greatest basketball shooter of all time?

Talk about a kiddies table arguement. If thats the case then anybody who tosses baseballs my way is the greatest baseball pitcher ever take the mound?

And you suggest blade draws stupid comparisons? Youre the dumbest person here but happen to have the most time, interest and lack of self respect, to insult every person who dares not show you deference of your awr inspiring logic and intellect.

A great little piece was, theyre paid millions of dollars, they can pay not to be prosecuted, so why bother enforcing the laws? To waste the courts time?
Brilliant. Purely fluffing brilliant. If this is brilliance, i accept him calling me dumb as a badge of honour. If only colleges would accredit it.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 17:05:30

that isnt what i said at all. i was being analogous of his post. you know, the one where he said the greatest shooter he has ever seen shot from the paint in neighborhood ball? and 40 3s in a row isnt the same as throwing a baseball your way. your affinity for embellishment is only surpassed by your lack of sobriety.

go be a drunk elsewhere. your comprehension is suffering.

Edited By: mrford on May 20th 2016, 17:16:05
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 17:07:32

Pathetic little man

That's what you're calling it now? The big boys table? Sorry , it's still your little circle jerk of trolls no matter what you call it. I decline your invitation

and you are still not backing up your views, instead complaining about how mean people are.

we get it, you are incapable. give up already.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

jkiller Game profile

May 20th 2016, 17:10:28

its probably a bit early to do any annointing here..
but id say curry will be in the talks at the end of his career.. along with mj and kobe..
NOT lebron.. King James Crybaby the First..

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 17:12:28

Originally posted by jkiller:
its probably a bit early to do any annointing here..
but id say curry will be in the talks at the end of his career.. along with mj and kobe..
NOT lebron.. King James Crybaby the First..

early, yes. He is a great shooter and passer, but sustained success is key to be in that topic. we shall see. It does say something that he was the first unanimous MVP ever.

I saw him play in person a few times in college, and he was amazing to watch back then. impressive he was able to translate his skills to the next level.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

victor victoria

May 20th 2016, 17:50:15

that isnt what i said at all. i was being analogous of his post. you know, the one where he said the greatest shooter he has ever seen shot from the paint in neighborhood ball? and 40 3s in a row isnt the same as throwing a baseball your way. your affinity for embellishment is only surpassed by your lack of sobriety.

Yet you understood not only every word i used but any atguement pieced together they may have made..

Your being able to respond snd refute, by definition, suggests i made perfectly cogent snd reasonable arguments. Logic, friend. Logic.

To which you responded eith insult and vitriol. You seem to mistake anger at others perceived lack of intelligence as intelligence of your own. This is where you lose everybodys respect.

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 17:51:31

sober up then come back and try to make that point again. it is the middle of the afternoon....

and try to not be a hypocrite like you just were there.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

victor victoria

May 20th 2016, 17:52:23

Im drunk snd still able to debate circles around ya..

You should kind of be ashamed at whatever school gave you any degree you might have.

victor victoria

May 20th 2016, 17:53:08

Its two in the pm, thats like half way to bed time..

Scott Game profile

May 20th 2016, 17:53:09

Originally posted by victor victoria:

Yet you understood not only every word i used but any atguement pieced together they may have made..

Your being able to respond snd refute, by definition, suggests i made perfectly cogent snd reasonable arguments. Logic, friend. Logic.

To which you responded eith insult and vitriol. You seem to mistake anger at others perceived lack of intelligence as intelligence of your own. This is where you lose everybodys respect.

Braden and logic don't mix... Fire+ water

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2016, 17:53:11

Originally posted by victor victoria:
Im drunk snd still able to debate circles around ya..

You should kind of be ashamed at whatever school gave you any degree you might have.

at least you are winning in your head while you slowly kill yourself.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

May 20th 2016, 18:01:43

Come on braden. Lets get you some help.
I got your Hyundai payment and put your fluff in storage for a year. Gawd forbid you have a family to provide for, got that covered too.

victor victoria

May 20th 2016, 19:46:07

I never had the pleasure of knowing him, because he wad bsnned for life before i started myself, but if sidong with him removes me from you, then braden, good sir, i am yours.

They all hate, while we only like?
Fair.

Heston, would you like to join me for supper? We can do fajitas .

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 1:11:53

Not the best shooter tonight.

25 points down at the half, wow.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vic Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 1:23:45

Seriously though ... If we are talking about purest shooter and we aren't mentioning Ray Allen ... Then we don't know basketball. Granted, I know basketball, which is why I mentioned him :p

Get with it boys. No one shoots the pure ball like Jesus

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 1:30:20

seattle supersonics ray ray maybe, but he was never as crazy as curry with the random shots and quick ass release. imo anyways. he was super clutch though.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vic Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 1:36:44

Well I give you that and I agree, curry isn't even human... But replicable form, same arch, smoothest shot ever, I think it might be ray. Reggie in second probably. Curry, Jordan, Kobe, lebron, that's different stuff imo... Convo about those guys is about the all around best game maker and best scorer but not necessarily best shot.

You asked best pure shooter

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 1:45:06

not too sure how you can say someone who is breaking shooting records isnt in contention for best pure shooter. to each their own.

pure shooter to me means judging solely on shooting. not all around. i didnt say prettiest shot.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 1:49:59

31 points, this is a bloodbath. OKC will likely hit 100 by the end of the third. cray cray.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vic Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 1:51:42

"Pure" to me means prettiest too. Curry has a damn pretty shot I'm just not sure it's quite as pretty as ray's.

Curry is a way purer shot than lebron, but even though Jordan missed a lot, his shot was also way way purer than lebron. Lebron is mechanical and blocky out there, no true smooth play like curry and Jordan.

I love steph don't doubt it, but he may be 4th or 5th on purest shot list and imo 2nd with Kobe now and will surpass Kobe and tie Jordan for goat, doo

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 2:01:21

well, i was wrong, 117 at the end of the third. lol.

and apparently we have different definitions of purest shooter. since it is my thread, my definition wins!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 2:09:49

Lol @ a pretty shot

ninong Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 17:59:40

i like goat/lamb curry
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

MauricXe Game profile

May 23rd 2016, 18:19:07

he's overrated

nimrodix Game profile

May 25th 2016, 12:11:11

OKC go thunder!
The triple double machine that is Westbrook.