Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

May 17th 2016, 14:55:24

Originally posted by Forgotten:
If you really believe that LaF bullies their way into the current state of server, why hasn't the rest of the server gang banged LaF out of existence? Why do our allies stick with us?

Did you not even read my post you quoted? Probably because no one really cares to do anything different anymore. What's the point? Any alliance daring to do things differently from the way LaF wants to do things will only receive negative attention from your alliance/your allies. Your allies have no choice but to stick with you--again, what's the point? They've benefited greatly from your alliance's pact actions, so why would they change sides? LaF sets the standard on the way the server should be played, so LaF controls how people should play the game. Example: this thread.

Originally posted by Forgotten:
I'm tired of you Nukevil, go cry somewhere else because your precious efforts with EVO couldn't stick because the incompetence of the EVO leadership in their ability to keep members.

Suiciders have no place in this game.
Lone wolfs may, if they play like an alliance by itself.

Don't forget the cheating your alliance had to do to bring my alliance down. Not sure why you keep forgetting to mention that. Yep, your alliance is the way it is today, and it's all built on a foundation of cheating. And, once again, no one cares because no one can do anything about it. Why don't you focus on repairing your precious country instead of trying to dictate how people play this game?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Heston Game profile

May 17th 2016, 15:29:43

"Why don't you focus on repairing your precious country instead of trying to dictate how people play this game?"
+1,000,000,000,000,000

She has dumps like a truck
Guys like what

Like it when you're bootie goes
Da dant da dant
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Hello Game profile

EE Patron

May 17th 2016, 16:29:53

Trying not to take sides here but I agree with Nukevil. If looks like the "lonewolf" is what happened to LAF here. From reading the posts I would have to agree with the AB'er on this one even if Forgotten does not. It is an alliance game and Forgotten regardless of if you like it or not, what your alliance does impacts other countries in your alliance. Example if 1 random country farms an untagged and can't retal that country and they decide to hit another country in your alliance. You may not like that and will probably kill that country. But don't forget it was your initial member who farmed him/her first. I really hate the idea of this is alliance game and I'm not responsible for what my other alliance members do.

On your idea if 6 Laf members take part in a kill run on a SOF country and in return SOF declares WAR on LAF, don't say "well I NEVER took part in the kill, why did SOF kill my country". Thats the game!! From what I'm reading Laf killed an untagged for Stones, that untagged did harmful ops and AB's two large land players in your alliance. Just because that untagged is not in an alliance does not mean they have no right to hit back again the clan. They have the same rights as the SOF example above

The idea the Untagged was killed by these 6 Laf countries...why was I hit in retaliation is a bit silly. This untagged country did not just randomly hit Laf for no reason, your alliance killed him/her. WHAT were you expecting? for the killed country to say "ok no problem I will move on now"? Sorry to tell you this but untags and lonewolfs I think really are the only thing keeping other alliances in check. In the post above you know this persons country is "you leave me B I leave U B" or something like that why is LAF not killing it? It is simply because with the restart rates, that is the only way to unsure that country is not killed over and over again. If your alliance wants to pick fights than all members of an alliance are impacted. That is my view of "ALLIANCE SERVER". Not just the idea of "ALLIANCE SERVER" should only be for alliances.

Just my 2 cents

Edited By: Hello on May 17th 2016, 16:57:48
See Original Post

Untagged Hunter

May 17th 2016, 18:19:41

You people love typing huh

Atryn Game profile

May 18th 2016, 13:00:14

Originally posted by Hello:
Sorry to tell you this but untags and lonewolfs I think really are the only thing keeping other alliances in check. ..... That is my view of "ALLIANCE SERVER". Not just the idea of "ALLIANCE SERVER" should only be for alliances.

Just my 2 cents

To bring this back to the point....

Are you saying that if there were no untaggeds, nobody would keep the alliances in check? Or maybe only alliances would then keep other alliances in check? I think the latter is what was being proposed by Forgotten.

Some folks are trying to make this about a specific incident when it was originally posed as a theory for a different set of server game mechanics. Debate the merits of those (some ppl have, to be fair).

The broader question would be whether the game dynamics on an Alliance server without untaggeds would lead to more or less players, in the long run.

Pros
- maybe alliance players would stay longer without the random risk of untaggeds ruining their set
- maybe new players, if forced into an alliance from day 1 by the game mechanics, would get a better or more supportive start and stick around more
- maybe alliances would have an easier time recruiting since everyone must be in an alliance and they could argue for better stability than today

Cons
- maybe if everyone had to be in an alliance, power would concentrate in only the largest alliances and crowd out anyone who didn't want to be part of those
- maybe suiciders would never go away but would just jump/hide under new aliases in tags and then bring the repercussions of their suiciding to the whole tag, again ruining a bunch of player's resets.
- maybe some players start off wanting to just play solo and would be hesitant to ever play if they were required to join an alliance from day 1 (counter argument - there are other servers for that)
- maybe the mechanics of implementing an alliance-only game would just be too cumbersome on the developers/admins

Ruthie

May 18th 2016, 16:54:35

My thought is that by making someone have a tag to play on this server from day 1 would greatly reduce the already slim number of new players.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 18th 2016, 18:37:32

Originally posted by Atryn:

The broader question would be whether the game dynamics on an Alliance server without untaggeds would lead to more or less players, in the long run.

This one is easy.

Disallow untags on alliance server: Fewer players
Continue to allow untags: Fewer players.

Player numbers have declined to the point that only aggressive marketing by either the admins or remaining players has a chance of reversing the slide

Forgotten

May 20th 2016, 20:26:32

Primary Server already is working, for solo play.
Express Server is another solo flavour server

If we shift the focus of Alliance Server back to Alliance based game, new players would go in Primary, where we can spam to recruit.

Alliances would have to actually try and recruit their old members, to keep numbers up. It's very do-able if you have dedicated people. It took one person from LaF to spam all emails/phone numbers, and another person to update login/passwords for people. We gaind 25 players who didn't play last reset, we had 8 players that decided to take a set off.

It's just one example of success.

In terms of players flocking towards one Alliance, I don't see this happening too much, for example, LaF is the largest at the moment, we are too lazy and forgot to process three applications from players last reset, they all joined other alliances.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

May 21st 2016, 1:50:56

dead it tis
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!