Verified:

BlackMamba Game profile

Oct 12th 2010, 17:12:07

For the people the people that participated in the old basketball threads on the team forum (or alliance back in the day) like rockman, hoop, braden... I'm involved with two basketball simulation leagues.

Both leagues have 30 teams with 30 different owners. There are openings. I believe two or three openings in one league, and one opening in another league for a new owner.

Essentially it is a management / simulation game where you get base stats on player abilities in a bunch of different real NBA players. You then proceed to draft, trade, offer contracts. You also set lineups, playing time, etc. Although it is a numbers based game simulation.

The trading is done with negotiations with real players and follows the collective bargaining agreement for the most part. The is a commissioner that approves trades, runs the sims (usually 10 to 15 games on night) every week. Both leagues run indefinitely. So any given year you might choose to try to contend or rebuild/etc.

Fun competitive strategy game for basketball if you are interested. PM me for more info.

There is a

braden Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 2:29:09

i am down, i will talk to you about this when i'm not on my way to bed, but likely after work tomorrow or whenever i can get a hold of you

sounds like a lot of fun

BlackMamba Game profile

Oct 13th 2010, 17:32:26

I just sent you a PM braden with more info.

The league with the most openings is a league that starts in 1996 (the same draft with Kobe, AI, ray allen, camby, etc).

Other people that are interested in a basketball strategy game, let me know, there might be additional openings in the offseason as we squeeze out inactive owners. It's heavy numbers based simulation and no graphics. The game is more about lineups, negotiating on trades, etc.

BlackMamba Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 0:02:41

where you disappear to braden!!! free agency is starting