EE Patron

Apr 13th 2016, 11:52:21

i guess some people really have no class

gotta get your top feeds in even when people are at war

it's not my fault you don't know how to properly play this game

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2016, 19:03:36

It must also be their fault that you can't defend all that land too, eh?
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2016, 19:12:28

no one can defend a top feed, the mechanics of the game are designed as such

you'd think with 2800+ post you would know this

but your reputation for being a dimwitted troll proceeds you

case and point your last post above

drkprinc Game profile

Apr 13th 2016, 21:03:41

What if they top feed and military is 50/50 jets/turrets is it still a top feed?
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2016, 21:17:52

topfeed implies hitting a country and then that country is unable to achieve net zero land loss with a single PS. the topfeed can be performed as either a SS or PS but PS is the obvious option for the added gain.

net worth isn't really a factor however being slightly less than equal NW is obviously the best scenario to strike any opponent. i believe the formula for maximum gains on a single hit also penalizes countries that perform top feeds as it takes into account the giant land gap.

the top feed in my case although massive was only about 75% of the theoretical maximum it could have been in terms of actual acres taken (not counting ghost acres generated) which obviously favors a dict government in practically every scenario.

top feeding is rarely possible with a 50/50 military.

it is more likely around 2 jets per 1 turret ratio when you reach several million units of each.

I believe to be considered a true topfeed, the attack has to be the initial hit, i don't consider any retal to be a topfeed.

MountainYeti Game profile

Apr 13th 2016, 21:48:56

Top feeding is fine when you are actually improving your nw. The advantage is knowing you will win the land trade. However i do take issue with anyone that does it late game(ie hurting final nw) and when it is clearly targeted at a specific player instead of the best target(both defence and gains).

In this case ill buy that the grab helps cerb's nw however it is clear there is a case to be made that other targets(1 especially) would have yielded a much bigger gain for fewer units sent.

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 0:38:00

Top feeds are not foul play on this server though, as long as you aren't coordinating to take someone down to help someone else or something like that. You gotta remember that this is not alliance. Anything goes. The top feeder will definitely provoke more of a response usually though, and the chances of mass farming or both players losing out to war is significantly higher. Both of you are killers, it'd be a good match. Lol. Hopefully not though, as you are both allies of mine.

Speaking of which, I should apologize to furano and silentwolf. I'm now convinced they were not part of an organized team together 2 sets ago with that topfeeding action. The optics looked that way, but I'm pretty sure it was not coordinated play now.
Sorry guys, I was wrong and I will admit it.

The EEVIL Empire

drkprinc Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 1:13:35

Land takes no matter anymore on gains for the attacker maximum gains are when nw difference is less then 5% the lower nw gains more then a higher nw would though by a small percent

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Xninja Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 3:02:08

I could have been panking the top 20 this whole time?????

You bastards! I'll get my land back B-)

Who ever wrote this....

"Sorry for the hit. Nice defense."

After doing this......

2838 Acres (4509 Gained)

Breaking my ball's jack....
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 3:48:41

Sounds like he wants a double tap in return. ;-)
The EEVIL Empire

drkprinc Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 6:47:42

If it comes to that point might as well go for the Penta-Tap or if ya feel like it save a brigade and go nuts

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Furano Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 12:07:32

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Top feeds are not foul play on this server though, as long as you aren't coordinating to take someone down to help someone else or something like that. You gotta remember that this is not alliance. Anything goes. The top feeder will definitely provoke more of a response usually though, and the chances of mass farming or both players losing out to war is significantly higher. Both of you are killers, it'd be a good match. Lol. Hopefully not though, as you are both allies of mine.

Speaking of which, I should apologize to furano and silentwolf. I'm now convinced they were not part of an organized team together 2 sets ago with that topfeeding action. The optics looked that way, but I'm pretty sure it was not coordinated play now.
Sorry guys, I was wrong and I will admit it.

Alright I accept your apology. That doesn't mean you are exempted from my list this set though :p

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2016, 12:30:11

[quote poster=ironxxx; 39434; 741811]topfeed implies hitting a country and then that country is unable to achieve net zero land loss with a single PS. the topfeed can be performed as either a SS or PS but PS is the obvious option for the added gain.

PUHLEEEEEEEZE, Dude.

If you cannot recover the land taken in a single retal strike, then, it is YOU who are weak, not the player that hit you.

freaking Pansy

VivaNick Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 14:41:38

s

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 16:30:10

Cerb, what's this talk about one hit? Lol there's no rule saying you can only hit him back once. Someone grabs 5k off you, its go time.

My opinion is this: When you're netting, if you bottom feed, there's always a risk of getting hit back for more. If you top feed, there's always a risk of getting hit back multiple times. If you multi tap there's a risk of special attacks. It's the risks you take. It ain't right or wrong, it just is what it is.

If I'm the aggressor and someone is able to retaliate, I suck it up as my own bad target selection. If someone else is aggressor on me, that is their bad target selection and better believe I'm standing up for myself. If I believe the offense is bad enough, it's war time. I've thrown many resets away to stand up and fight when needed. It's all part of the game. If you don't stand up for yourself, everyone else will walk all over you too.
The EEVIL Empire

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2016, 17:53:24

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Cerb, what's this talk about one hit? Lol there's no rule saying you can only hit him back once. Someone grabs 5k off you, its go time. (I agree with this, you're right.0

My opinion is this: When you're netting, if you bottom feed, there's always a risk of getting hit back for more. If you top feed, there's always a risk of getting hit back multiple times. If you multi tap there's a risk of special attacks. It's the risks you take. It ain't right or wrong, it just is what it is. (Again, I'm 100% in line with this.)

If I'm the aggressor and someone is able to retaliate, I suck it up as my own bad target selection. If someone else is aggressor on me, that is their bad target selection and better believe I'm standing up for myself. If I believe the offense is bad enough, it's war time. I've thrown many resets away to stand up and fight when needed. It's all part of the game. If you don't stand up for yourself, everyone else will walk all over you too.

Most sense in this whole thread!

Over The Hill Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 23:02:38

Originally posted by Cerberus:
PUHLEEEEEEEZE, Dude.

If you cannot recover the land taken in a single retal strike, then, it is YOU who are weak, not the player that hit you.

Cerberus......comments like this truly shows that you are a complete Moron that has no concept on how this game works.

You my friend are the King of all Dipfluffs!!

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 14th 2016, 23:55:25

can't we all just... Get along?

The EEVIL Empire

Ti annichilisco Game profile

Apr 17th 2016, 4:12:45

Originally posted by ironxxx:
i guess some people really have no class

gotta get your top feeds in even when people are at war

it's not my fault you don't know how to properly play this game

Nice series of posts, but I think they digressed. The initial point was, leave me alone if I'm at war with somebody else.

I agree with ironxxx but I see many players who don't care and would just attack you for LG no matter what, as written, with no class

alexsiki Game profile

Apr 18th 2016, 3:43:54

Some people, like me, don't even know you are even at war. But I don't top feed..

drkprinc Game profile

Apr 18th 2016, 3:58:17

I will hit someone at war for a normal land grab if they have no DR on them, just like I know others will take advantage of me if I'm at war with someone, it takes a few turns to get intel and then 2 more to retaliate to those that do and yeah sometimes you are so deep in a war your resources have run down enough that taking a retal on someone means giving the edge to your opposer.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP