Verified:

cgr4 Game profile

Jan 29th 2016, 19:21:10

What is an acceptable retal period on this server? 24 48 72? 2 weeks?
cgr4

Marshal Game profile

Jan 29th 2016, 20:40:22

whatever you want and still somewhat likely attacker won't like to get retalled.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Over The Hill Game profile

Jan 29th 2016, 20:55:16

Like Marshal said

There are no "retal period" rules on this server

This is the wild west of servers with no moral values

cgr4 Game profile

Jan 29th 2016, 20:58:02

Is there a generally accepted custom then atleast? I got retalled today for a hit made on the 17th
cgr4

cgr4 Game profile

Jan 29th 2016, 20:58:33

Im trying to figure out an appropriate response.
cgr4

Frae

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2016, 21:26:48

Some people used to say 72 hours but different strategies grow at different speeds so I don't know if I buy that. 12 days is kind of long but I've seen much longer. Maybe it just wasn't worth using the jets on you until now. The land will still help the player who attacked you at least so he is not doing it out of spite.

Cable Game profile

Jan 29th 2016, 22:17:59

Depends how much land you took vs what he took. If you hit a guy for 1000 acres and he retaled you for 1000 back then it's all fair dispite time. If it's for 10X what he grabbed you feel free to enforce whatever policy you feel you can win.

h2orich Game profile

Jan 30th 2016, 1:50:28

lifetime

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 30th 2016, 2:00:51

There's no entitlement to retals on this server. You can hit each player once without breaking your gdi. If you break your gdi, be prepared to war.

Basically your personal rule goes as far as you can enforce it. Land lost and time frame between hits only change the emotional response of the other guy and probability of war.

The EEVIL Empire

drkprinc Game profile

Jan 30th 2016, 5:22:38

Retals carry over for a few sets so take your time :)
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 30th 2016, 7:15:34

A few sets? Lol sure, why not.
The EEVIL Empire

Link Game profile

Jan 30th 2016, 8:31:31

Retal with ab
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2016, 10:30:57

I'm with link.. AB retals ftw..

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2016, 10:46:31

He got just under 500 acres with ghost acres

The retaller (new word) got over 700 acres with ghost acres

If you subtract the total acres he gained on the hit vs actual acres taken by the retal you will notice cgr4 that you still managed to retain a net positive land gain of approx. 26 acres

I would also add that the country you just DHed on 30-jan is also probably going to retal you as well

drkprinc Game profile

Jan 31st 2016, 6:13:48

Retal on a DH is like taking a chainsaw up the ass sideways.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

alexsiki Game profile

Feb 1st 2016, 2:15:12

cgr4, is that you suicidal?

I am sure you know this but I'll mention anyways. When you attack somebody you should always expect a retal. The idea is to minimise this risk by choosing your targets wisely. That is, try and attack the weak countries that have very little or no chance of catching you. If I attack somebody and they successfully retal me then I accept it and consider it a failure on my behalf for not choosing correctly. You can study the history of that target, which I always do on eestats to determine what kind of personality and potential they have.

If you feel that you should be allowed to attack anybody without consequence then by all means attack them again and prepare for war. Just so you know, I will never accept a ROR.

cgr4 Game profile

Feb 1st 2016, 7:14:46

I run the pillars of the earth. I must admit that its been a few years since I've last played. If my memory serves me correct, there was always some time frame for retals. I mean, lets take an extreme case, say country A grabs country B on the first day OOP, nobody would view a hit by country B on country A during the last week of the set as a retal. I decided to let this one go because it wasn't worth ruining two sets over so little land though.
cgr4

alexsiki Game profile

Feb 1st 2016, 10:54:08

cgr4 what is your country name if you dont mind me asking?

What if country A (networth 16 million) grabs country B (networth 4.1million)?? Do you not see why putting a time limit on
the retal is silly? If country B can overcome their serious disadvantage and somehow manage 2 catch & break country A's defenses then I truly believe that B is entitled to take the whole set to achieve this feat.

Simply put, what I am trying to say in plain English is that sometimes it takes a long time to catch and break a country that was way, way bigger than you to start with, especially if the country is very good and growing just as fast as you are.

Edited By: alexsiki on Feb 1st 2016, 10:58:09
See Original Post

Over The Hill Game profile

Feb 1st 2016, 12:10:36

The terms "retal" and "ROR" and "entitlement" doesn't exist on this server

Edited By: Over The Hill on Feb 2nd 2016, 1:58:20
See Original Post

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 5th 2016, 17:03:48

cgr4, I'm guessing your previous experience playing this game was on the alliance server. There, players have made up their own rules to try to protect themselves from the retribution of those from whom they have stolen land. Here, you're on your own.

The question I would have.... if it is inappropriate somehow for this person to grab you back 12 days later, how was it appropriate for you to take land from him the first place?

Originally posted by cgr4:
Im trying to figure out an appropriate response.

The appropriate response would be to realize that every player is fair game on this server, and that if you gain land by aggression, you may lose it by retaliation. From there, its up to you to decide whether you want to attempt to fight someone just for doing the same thing to you that you had already done to him (And yeah, I see you've already decided not to do that)