Verified:

Frybert Game profile

Jan 23rd 2016, 4:36:40

https://www.blueorigin.com/news#youtube74tyedGkoUc

Two month turn around. Elon, you're retort?

Edit: Yes, I'm aware this is orders of magnitude less than was SpaceX is trying to accomplish, but its a damn fine proof of concept.

Edited By: Frybert on Jan 23rd 2016, 4:39:27

DonSean Game profile

Jan 23rd 2016, 14:09:04

his retort should be to just post this on twitter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1JgMxRm--0

BladeEWG Game profile

Jan 23rd 2016, 14:30:15

These the same guys that landed it back on the barge?

mrford Game profile

Jan 23rd 2016, 16:31:53

No. OP even talks about that in his edit......
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

tellarion Game profile

Jan 24th 2016, 4:36:41

I think Elon would have two retorts:

1) Good for them!! That's exactly why he gets into industries like these. It's the same with Tesla; he is trying to provoke the establishment to push forward at a more rapid pace, so it's a win for SpaceX as much as it is for Bezos.

2) It doesn't change what SpaceX is doing, not in the slightest. Both concepts can and will work concurrently. SpaceX's design is for much much larger payloads, while the Blue Origin model can be used for smaller projects.

In any case, this is a major win for the Private Sector spacerace, and it's going to mean good things for everyone.

Link Game profile

Jan 24th 2016, 4:56:57

Tella sighting!
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Heston Game profile

Jan 24th 2016, 6:21:36

Mod abuse!
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

elvesrus

Jan 24th 2016, 6:42:11

I'll admit, there is a temptation to edit heston's post into a fanboi post with the reason "mod abuse"
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Truckanuck Game profile

Jan 24th 2016, 13:16:41

You are aware that SpaceX landed and successfully static fired one of their reused rockets.

As far as the CA landing the only reason they did it at sea was because they didn't have a landing pad to use. Also they did manage to land it just one of the locks on the landing legs failed and that was on one of their older rockets as well.

Blue Origins rocket can't go as high, as far or as fast. They may have been the first to land the first stage of a rocket but they have a long way to go before SpaceX is in danger of losing business.

Edited By: Truckanuck on Jan 24th 2016, 13:19:20
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2016, 13:29:24

Considering that the current state of the art on rocket construction hasn't really gotten to the point that whatever is left of the rocket booster is the cheapest part of the vehicle, it doesn't make economic sense to go through the trouble of saving the shell of the rocket, they are only going to have to rebuild the damned thing anyway. What do they actually save? It can't be more than 10% of the cost of building the thing in the first place.

I think that the next technological breakthrough has to be a way of reducing the cost of the fuel and/or method of propulsion rather than saving scraps so that you don't have to buy more inexpensive materials such as were used in the construction of the rocket motor in the first place.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mrford Game profile

Jan 24th 2016, 14:14:50

Originally posted by Truckanuck:
You are aware that SpaceX landed and successfully static fired one of their reused rockets.

As far as the CA landing the only reason they did it at sea was because they didn't have a landing pad to use. Also they did manage to land it just one of the locks on the landing legs failed and that was on one of their older rockets as well.

Blue Origins rocket can't go as high, as far or as fast. They may have been the first to land the first stage of a rocket but they have a long way to go before SpaceX is in danger of losing business.

they arnt competing for the same contracts....
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford