Verified:

Frybert Game profile

Dec 22nd 2015, 5:49:33

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2015, 6:31:07

The return was very loud.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

BladeEWG Game profile

Dec 22nd 2015, 13:31:22

Very impressive

Rasp Game profile

Dec 22nd 2015, 23:10:36

stolen
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

RODHAM 2016

Dec 23rd 2015, 1:01:19

people who think man can travel into space are racist against christians because it isn't a fuel that propels them towards the heavens, but in stead a steadfast and honest love of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

also, invest in cattle futures-- unless i need the vegan vote? in which case federal subsidies for tofu !!

drkprinc Game profile

Dec 23rd 2015, 4:30:09

^ smoking the good drugs
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 23rd 2015, 13:57:49

Originally posted by drkprinc:
^ smoking the good drugs

Seriously, he needs to share them.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Trife Game profile

Dec 23rd 2015, 15:55:07

Originally posted by RODHAM 2016:
people who think man can travel into space are racist against christians because it isn't a fuel that propels them towards the heavens, but in stead a steadfast and honest love of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

also, invest in cattle futures-- unless i need the vegan vote? in which case federal subsidies for tofu !!

bradens on the sauce again apparently
:(

RODHAM 2016

Dec 23rd 2015, 17:07:16

youre all fools. it is so obviously just a take off played in reverse. vtol from space doesnt exist.

cattle futures do, though !

trife: who is braden?

Schilling Game profile

Dec 23rd 2015, 18:54:15

VTOLS from space do exist. Space X has been working on it for quite a while now and have had quite a few landings end in explosions. But, I think they finally got most of the bugs worked out. Next on their list should be getting those launches away from the government companies/contractors that jacked up the rates so much it made space travel to expensive. It's time we had bigger goals as a species once again.

mrford Game profile

Dec 23rd 2015, 19:03:18

I wouldnt say they jacked the rates up. More that there was no competition to faster develop manufacturing techniques and the science behind it all. To say NASA hasn't been penny pinching the last few decades would be foolish. Tteir funding has been slashed over and over and over.

Regardless, SpaceX wasn't even the first to successfully recover the booster section, but theirs is the largest. Interesting that they abandoned the sea approach and were finally successful. Making as much of a launch reusable as possible clearly will lessen the cost it takes per pound for orbital altitudes.

It will be interesting to see how full privatization of space will play out. Governments have treaties regarding space. Companies do not.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Schilling Game profile

Dec 23rd 2015, 19:54:58

DoD uses far more or ULA's services than NASA. Without competition, the rates always go up. Sprinkle in some government corruption and next thing you know you're paying a 600% markup with a lot of lockouts.

https://www.youtube.com/...h?t=855&v=gZl_rnHuw4w

I'm not sure how it will play out either. I have several concerns about it, but I'm sure the government, or at least certain paid parties, will get themselves involved to keep it 'in house.'

RODHAM 2016

Dec 23rd 2015, 20:12:46

Originally posted by Schilling:
Space X has been working on it for quite a while now and have had quite a few landings end in explosions. But, I think they finally got most of the bugs worked out.

yepp, a number of fails.

bug: it doesn't exist.
remedy: we can vto? we can record video and rewind it? ah, finally, success!