Verified:

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 11th 2015, 18:05:15

Im trying to think of advantages and disadvantages of having one large screen, or just two smaller screens. What would you go with?

I have two screens right now, and they are mismatched. The one is getting bad with its colors and clearness.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2015, 18:22:42

What os do you use? You can pick up a pretty decent 24" high Def monitor for around 200 bucks.

Perk for one monitor is that you won't have colours going and mismatched sizes lol

Trife Game profile

Dec 11th 2015, 18:30:10

my vote is for dual monitors, but identical models

mrford Game profile

Dec 11th 2015, 18:33:49

Originally posted by Trife:
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Dec 11th 2015, 18:49:57

Originally posted by mrford:

it appears ford agrees with trife

</marshal>

nedarb

Dec 11th 2015, 18:53:21

go wear panties, girl.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2015, 19:53:28

i like my twin 24" for work
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Scott Game profile

Dec 11th 2015, 21:10:24

My office is setup with one large monitor (32inch) so I can work with large files easier. If I want, I just flip up the lid of the laptop so I can keep email and communicator open . It works well.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 11th 2015, 21:10:24

dual monitors if whatever you do benefits on it.

pros more workspace

cons costs small fortune and hoards table space
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Raging Budda Game profile

Dec 11th 2015, 22:11:41

Go with 2. So much easier to multi-task when you have 2 monitors to work with. Now that windows 10 allows you snap windows into quadrants, you can organize 8 different windows without much effort. Not that you will need 8 often, but at least you have the capcity to handle something like that.
Your base is mine!

happyweb Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 0:37:13

Depends on what you do. I often need multiple windows open at a time and don't like running minimised windows on one screen due to resolution. (Web designer + developer).

But would agree 100% with identical screens. Get 2 of the same 24". Also depending on your work a 32" or even 27" resolution isn't ideal.

Schilling Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 3:43:14

Could have three.

I'm in web dev/dev ops so I'm linking into a few areas. My current setup is two mismatched monitors, but both are good quality so it doesn't bother me too much. Ideally, I would like three identical 17-24" with above average resolution. Most of what I work with is Linux terminal (CENTOS), and Windows (with vim/sublime as editors respectively).
I have multiple R & D machines both physical and virtual so I like to have the terminals, editor, browser/test unit open on separate screens depending on what I'm doing.

I guess it all depends on what you're up to, but if it were me I would replace that failing monitor with the exact same type you have that is still working. I prefer the 'concave' setup over a flat front setup which is what you get with a single big monitor setup.

trumper Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 3:54:36

Two monitors revolutionized my life.

mrcuban Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 5:18:38

Originally posted by trumper:
Two monitors revolutionized my life.

this

Vic Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 13:49:26

What ford and trife said

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 14:45:38

Originally posted by mrford:

BladeEWG Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 16:01:28

Two eyes,two monitors.
Makes sense to me.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 12th 2015, 16:08:58

nah, 2x monitors per eye.

Schilling Game profile

Dec 13th 2015, 1:21:28

Marshal Game profile

Dec 13th 2015, 12:18:49

that's neat but price tag has alot numbers.

Steeps Game profile

Dec 13th 2015, 15:22:32

Two monitors, currently using a 16:9 27" landscape and a 16:10 24" portrait. Less desk space used, large area for editing, less space wasted scrolling/reading using the portrait screen. Not moving head so much compared to both in landscape.

Uncle James Game profile

Dec 15th 2015, 1:03:10

Two monitors you people are wacked out> I only use one and can open all the pages i want on it in every corner of the screen. It is a 55 inch SONY TV with HDMI connection> I can watch the game news> shoot missiles >and run spy attacks from the right and run the rest of my countries on the left. And even put a movie up in one corner with picture in picture and watch it while i play my countries. Very easy to do from my easy chair with my feet propped up and my wireless key board and mouse and a Crown royal in my hand to sip on while I blast you to pieces> woohahahaaaaa

Schilling Game profile

Dec 15th 2015, 3:08:40

Originally posted by Uncle James:
Two monitors you people are wacked out> I only use one and can open all the pages i want on it in every corner of the screen. It is a 55 inch SONY TV with HDMI connection> I can watch the game news> shoot missiles >and run spy attacks from the right and run the rest of my countries on the left. And even put a movie up in one corner with picture in picture and watch it while i play my countries. Very easy to do from my easy chair with my feet propped up and my wireless key board and mouse and a Crown royal in my hand to sip on while I blast you to pieces> woohahahaaaaa

That would be nice. I've been working on my employer about getting TVs for me and the other programmers instead of monitors. Not sure I could get away with 55" but I might be gaining some ground for something smaller (40ish?).

Not sure how to approach the recliner chair/whiskey situation, but I'll come up with a proposal. Thanks for the idea!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 15th 2015, 4:43:32

Originally posted by Uncle James:

If that were true, you must be at least 7 ft away from your monitor lol.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 15th 2015, 4:46:52

Originally posted by jjterrico:
What os do you use? You can pick up a pretty decent 24" high Def monitor for around 200 bucks.

Perk for one monitor is that you won't have colours going and mismatched sizes lol

Windows 10.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

happyweb Game profile

Dec 16th 2015, 1:08:15

Windows 10? Be sure to close that door left open for the nsa by Microsoft...