Verified:

mFrost Game profile

Dec 11th 2015, 3:49:36

Is there some way to keep an All-x country safe from multiple land grabs in a single day?

It kind of sucks getting up to 15K acres and losing 2500 acres because commies are jumping to their next phase in the game. @ 8-9 acres a turn, that is a loss of over 200 turns. Hitting one of T-5 countries as an all-x is out of the question. Unless they were to decide to destroy their own reset and just AB one of those T-5 countries into the ground.

It would be nice if a an All-x can only get grabbed once in a 48 hour period. There could be an MMR requirement to ensure AL-x countries do not run without defense. As long as they qualify then it should be very difficult to bottom feed on one of those countries, especially if they are in GDI. At least those land hungry countries would have to take heavier risks, as it is now it is just a follow the leader monkey see monkey do type game. Top player A hits Country 1 and then 4 other countries feel they need to do the same.

I can respect country # 1 maybe even give a little leeway to country # 2 --- but the rest of them are just copycats, who can careless about the player base, and detrimental to the overall game. give them bots so they can farm countries to their hearts content, and feel like they have accomplished something important.

------------------
If an all-x decides to land grab a country that has not hit them then they lose their all-x status -- i.e. break GDI.
However if an ALl-x is in GDI and just playing their own game, with decent defense for the land they have, they should not be farmed by top players. There is no reason for an All-X country to be losing 2500-3000 acres of land overnight.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 11th 2015, 14:01:55

hmm. I think something like this might be more detrimental to the game and the idea of finding the best strategy to win/do-well than a few all-x losing a few thousand acres.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

mFrost Game profile

Dec 11th 2015, 17:00:11

the best strategy has been known forever... grow fat and win... i.e. bottom feed on countries 1/3 your size.

an all-x is just a separate class of game style or play. While I do not mind getting land grabbed every so often, and even enjoy the aspect of taking a retal every so often, I do not enjoy 5 LGs in 24 hours. I doubt any player going all-x would either.

all I am saying is add a flag next to GDI a player can select which clearly makes their country all-x.
to qualify:
No outgoing attacks from the country, and they have to remain all-x the whole reset.
They are allowed to take retals, but cannot attack a country that has not attacked them.
They have to meet predefined MMRs based on their land size.
-- Not meeting MMRs causes the country to lose land until it meets the standard.
-- similar to loss of military due to no cash or food on hand.

I feel this would be a great option for the game and allow many new players to learn it without being harassed, by players who have played the game for 15+ years. It provides a defined envelope for new players to learn the game in. Even old timers just looking for a break from the alliance servers, or just looking for a quiet reset could take advantage of something like this. A good place to try out different things, without watching their last week's worth of work suddenly evaporate into thin air.

those who want the full experience will still have it with plenty of other players who think very much the same way they do.

I am also limiting this to the primary server, which is the server players are instructed to start on, to learn.
-- they can still get land grabbed, they can still take retals. The frequency is just nixed to a single hit per 48-72 hours so the country has a chance to grow.

It also makes the players seeking heavy land work a little harder for their land, they would need to pay attention to when a country comes out of protection, and then race others for that available land grab. of course if they hit a country twice the same loss of GDI occurs, allowing an all x country to use missiles or whatever else they want against their aggressor.

It would also spread the land grabs out, where they would need to hit countries that are actively land grabbing. This thing about not enough land on the server is BS, because regardless of player base size there never will be enough land for those looking to play heavy land. just look at FFA server and the land trading into the 100k+ land countries.

Alternately drop 100 bots into primary and let the LGs play with no risk whatsoever, which is basically what occurs when they hit a country 1/3 their size, 5 times in 24 hour period. They might as well be hitting bots, to minimize their own risk even further.