Verified:

Hammer Game profile

Nov 15th 2015, 13:24:15

Please do not DT me in the future even if I am land fat, have 300 turns, etc. I am a nice guy, but I take offense to multiple attacks (yeah, I know it is part of the game..crime is part of life) from the same person. Heck, I take offense to single attacks, too.

I left you with a few thousand buildings because I must stop now and get ready for church.

I still have over 100 turns to your 4 should you decide to fire back...several hundred by the time I return.

------

On a side note for you warriors, did the formulas change or am I just a lot rusty? I lose 12-15 percent readiness on almost every AB although I only send 1k more than opponent's total...sometimes just a few hundred more. Even doing this, I am only sending a couple of thousand too many. I had a lot of DH's trying to match tanks + few hundred. In the old days, one could match tanks/tech +1 extra tank and break.

In this case, tech wasn't a factor, and I probably sent some PS's out of habit but haven't looked.

Later guys. Momma is calling......

Edited By: Hammer on Nov 15th 2015, 13:26:59

CX LaE Game profile

Nov 15th 2015, 14:06:34

Hammer, in part, because you're a Tyr you lose more readiness than a gov't where attacks are 2 turns. It could also be compounded by the # of tanks you carried. If you're attacking w/ a number close to your total number of tanks owned, you lose more readiness. I always carry 3x the tanks or troops needed for special attacks to limit readiness loss.

Cheers bro.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2015, 15:21:22

Sup hammer bro! Good stuff man

I personally find tyr better at finishing but kills readiness too fast breaking initially. Unless your spal is great, lotsa turns are unproductive.

Hammer Game profile

Nov 15th 2015, 18:13:29

Originally posted by CX LaE:
Hammer, in part, because you're a Tyr you lose more readiness than a gov't where attacks are 2 turns. It could also be compounded by the # of tanks you carried. If you're attacking w/ a number close to your total number of tanks owned, you lose more readiness. I always carry 3x the tanks or troops needed for special attacks to limit readiness loss.

Cheers bro.

Originally posted by Relax lah:
Sup hammer bro! Good stuff man

I personally find tyr better at finishing but kills readiness too fast breaking initially. Unless your spal is great, lotsa turns are unproductive.

Thanks for the great info, CX and Relax. I had the same problem in the past after switching to tyr to pancake others, so this is helpful. CX you were on target with number of tanks and, Relax, you are right in a lot of turns being unproductive if spal is not good. I should have remained rep government for awhile.

Thanks again, guys.

I've got to leave the house again (realtor trying to sell it), so help yourself to my land today only!

randus711 Game profile

Nov 15th 2015, 23:31:29

bonus

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2015, 0:46:16

Did u watch the movie 5 flights up bro?
U prolly end up keeping the house lol

silentwolf Game profile

Nov 16th 2015, 1:45:28

Cx got the readiness stuff sorted out. Hitting with near max of ur tanks reduces ur military readiness by quite a bit.. There is a formula somewhere. Coupled with a tyr.. Its even more.

When i run a tyr.. I use both spies and normal attacks to get in more damage. Alternate hits.. But it all depends on ur setup.

Ur up and about, Thats awesome. Getting a new place?

silentwolf Game profile

Nov 16th 2015, 1:46:25

Cx got the readiness stuff sorted out. Hitting with near max of ur tanks reduces ur military readiness by quite a bit.. There is a formula somewhere. Coupled with a tyr.. Its even more.

When i run a tyr.. I use both spies and normal attacks to get in more damage. Alternate hits.. But it all depends on ur setup.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2015, 2:14:28

There are a couple of formulas working for readiness determination, one of the most important variables here is the number of units you send, if you can hit and break with 50% of your units, your readiness drops by the absolute minimum, and it is then restored by turns after that attack, in a tyranny, you run the attack, readiness drops by approximately 7-10% on that turn, and that's where it sits, if you attack with more than 50% of your units, it drops 10% or a little more on that turn, and that's where it sits until you run more turns.

If you're using one of the other government types, the readiness drop is about the same, but there's that second turn that runs during the attack cycle, which gives you back approximately 3% readiness.

Democracies experience the least amount of readiness drops because they recover 6% during their attack cycle.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cable Game profile

Nov 16th 2015, 2:28:26

Its 3X your oppents defensive value for approx. 20 hits, then have another two windows open set for 10 spy ops each. Then back to hitting and rinse and repeat.

Re-op if you start to see to high of loses and want to adjust break.

Hammer Game profile

Nov 17th 2015, 1:13:26

Originally posted by Relax lah:
Did u watch the movie 5 flights up bro?
U prolly end up keeping the house lol

I haven't seen that movie, Relax, but so far we have kept the house! It has been on the market for almost a year.

Originally posted by silentwolf:

Yeah, I have been up and about, SW..thanks, bro. We are selling so that we can downsize the house work, yard work, and maintenance. We built the house to sell for profit, but then the market crashed so we have had to keep it longer than planned.

Thanks, Cable and Cerberus, for your input. I knew something was different than the old days, but didn't know what it was. My problem was exactly the number of tanks I had (too few), and/or I should have not changed to tyr since I wasn't on a kill run.