Verified:

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 15:11:43

So, President Obama has blocked the Keystone XL Pipeline. I just want to congratulate the environmentalists and Warren Buffet for the environmental disaster and deaths that will come at some point since they didn't want to transport oil in a safer, less profitable (for Warren Buffet) way. So what we now have is a situation where Canadian Oil will continue to come across the border on trains and in trucks. The oil will travel on railway tracks and roads through vulnerable neighborhoods.

Once again, President Obama has made his environmentalist friends and his rich billionaire friends happy. What about the little people? Oh, they don't matter compared to "win" that the environmentalists achieved and the billions that his friend will make. The little people can fend for themselves when disaster strikes. Besides, when disaster does strike, that will be another opportunity to talk about how the liberal government can help the little people stay exactly where the liberal government wants them.

At least President Obama is being consistent, he says he cares about one thing and then does the very actions which assault the things he cares about. This decision will not stop this Canadian Oil from being used. This decision will cause increased green house gas emissions from the use of less efficient transportation methods. Green house gas emissions will be further exacerbated by the logistical changes that farmers in the US and Canada will have to make to get their food to market. The extra cost for more polluting methods of transportation will of course be borne most heavily by poorer people.

President Obama's denial of the Keystone Pipeline is delusional at best. Every point he's made is countered by reality. The facts are that a pipeline from Canada through the US is by far the least polluting way to transport the oil and the safest way as well. Any environmental concerns that are legitimate could have been satisfied by route changes, enhanced construction, and monitoring requirements.
-Angel1

BladeEWG Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 15:32:25

I think he's worried about terrorists blowing the line.
As much as I dislike the man and his policies, I have to agree this one needs to wait awhile.
After the next hawkish president comes in and clears up this crap, then we'll get the pipeline.

mrford Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 15:59:35

fluff any deal where Canada is the main beneficiary!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 16:00:04

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
I think he's worried about terrorists blowing the line.
As much as I dislike the man and his policies, I have to agree this one needs to wait awhile.
After the next hawkish president comes in and clears up this crap, then we'll get the pipeline.

He's not concerned about terrorists. If he were concerned about the terrorists, he'd do something about it. No, this was a decision that he made for pure BS political reasons. He's going to get someone killed and cause an environmental disaster. We're not talking about building this pipeline in the Middle East. I realize that this president has been utterly incompetent at protecting this country, but that's no reason to believe that other Americans and Canadians would be as incompetent. Besides, he's too incompetent to consider defense reasons for saying no.

No, President Obama said no because his enviromentalist and corporate friends told him to.
-Angel1

braden Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 16:00:55

we'll sell it to you, or to the people who despise your country. matters naught to us.

Angel1 Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 16:03:44

Originally posted by braden:
we'll sell it to you, or to the people who despise your country. matters naught to us.

By truck and train or by pipeline, that is the only choice the US had. More pollution or less pollution, that was our choice until Obama chose more pollution. More safety or less safety, that was our choice until Obama chose less safety.
-Angel1

BladeEWG Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 17:18:33

Maybe that's a new justification reason on his part
Don't shoot the messenger

Heston Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 18:07:19

fluff other countries oil. The US need to pipe our own oil. Or 35% tax of all oil from canada then 50% tax on everthing refined in the US and finally 25% tax for canada oil being shipped out of US. weather its piped or transported.
Then we should deport all the environmentalists to greenland and the gay community to europe. Except pillow princess lezbos. Cause im not a bigot.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Junky Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 18:24:24

Trying to figure out why Billionaires wouldn't want more Oil rolling thru... make us extra millions... na..
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

archaic Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 19:37:19

The number of people that know nothing about the oil and gas industry, the pipeline business, environmental regulations, or economics is amusing.

Oil is down under $50 a barrel, hence the value of bringing Canadian oil into the US is now next to zero. Canadian oil is much more valuable heading to Japan than the US gulf coast.

Several pipelines, many of which equal in scale to the XL pipeline have been planned, built, and put in service since the XL PL became an issue.

Trains full of oil from Canada at $45 a bbl, lol.

Even a really bad spill generally only affects a couple of acres in the right of way. The heavy high viscosity oil from Canada has very limited water solubility, and poses almost no risk to leach VOCs into groundwater. Modern pipelines almost never leak anyway.

This was nothing more than a political football carried by mindless social justice warriors and tea party loons. Good riddance.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

BLUEEE Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 20:43:54

i live in nebraska. and we didnt want it here. even over 100 of the land owners were unwilling to sell the land. they were going to be force out of their land using eminent domain. i belive it was incredibly wrong to attempt to force land owners off thier land all for a foreign companies profits. it might be different if the land owners wanted to sell. but the fact is they dont. so im going to stand by property owners which are my friends and fellow Nebraskans.

BLUEEE Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 20:48:29

actuallay archaic you not right you see the KXL was a tarsands oil pipeline tarsand oil doesnt not float on water it sinks and is very very difficult to extract and 'clean' out of the environment.

and there have been over 20 accidents involving pipelines this year alone. so dont say they almost never happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/..._in_the_21st_century#2015

Junky Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 21:02:52

never liked the deal to begin with.. just not a fan of using someone elses oil, if we need oil so bad we got Oil shale we can convert or what not.. I'm fairly certain that if we passed the bill letting the pipeline proceed it wouldn't stop till it was on a ship bound for some other country.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

archaic Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 1:32:33

Bluee, I'm not going to spend a lot of time arguing with you, because its just not worth my time. I'm an environmental consultant who works specifically in the energy sector doing environmental remediation. There are not 100 people in the world that know more about cleaning up pipeline spills than me.

I am fully aware that Canadian tar sand oil can sink under certain conditions. That is irrelevant, the TCLP values for oil from the tar sands is minute. Nothing leaches out of it, so it has negligible effects on groundwater. It can never get into surface water to begin with because water crossings have to be double cased.

You realize you already have about 22k miles of pipeline in Nebraska, right? All of it is older and built to lower standards than the XL PL would have been.

As for the list you provided, I guess you and I have different definitions of risk. 20 incidents per year, on 2.6 million miles of line, most of which were caused by third party line strikes is acceptable to me. Only 2-3 of those releases were significant, most were cleaned up and back in service in a couple of days. I personally worked on a couple of those.

But anyway, I'm glad the XL PL got canned, using eminent domain for a pipeline job was bullfluff and needed to be snuffed out. There are a LOT fewer NIMBYs down here anyway. Y'all just leave that tar fluff in Canada and keep buying light sweet east Texas crude.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Trife Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 17:07:28

Originally posted by Angel1:

Once again, President Obama has made his environmentalist friends and his rich billionaire friends happy.

OMG A POLITICIAN HELPING HIS FRIENDS GET RICH!

THATS LITERALLY THE FIRST TIME THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED!

OBAMA WHUT HAVE U DONE!?1!?1?!1?!1?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

mrford Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 17:59:51

Originally posted by Echidna:
The muslim in chief hates America. Its as simple as that. You liberal nuts need to let go of your global warming scam!

do you die a bit inside every time you have to use an alias to post some racist bullfluff because you are a coward?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Heston Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 18:13:07

Originally posted by archaic:
Bluee, I'm not going to spend a lot of time arguing with you, because its just not worth my time. I'm an environmental consultant who works specifically in the energy sector doing environmental remediation. There are not 100 people in the world that know more about cleaning up pipeline spills than me.

worthless narcissistic bureaucrat that provides zero services. big suprise.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

cronie Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 19:36:26

Originally posted by archaic:
The number of people that know nothing about the oil and gas industry, the pipeline business, environmental regulations, or economics is amusing.

Oil is down under $50 a barrel, hence the value of bringing Canadian oil into the US is now next to zero. Canadian oil is much more valuable heading to Japan than the US gulf coast.

Several pipelines, many of which equal in scale to the XL pipeline have been planned, built, and put in service since the XL PL became an issue.

Trains full of oil from Canada at $45 a bbl, lol.

Even a really bad spill generally only affects a couple of acres in the right of way. The heavy high viscosity oil from Canada has very limited water solubility, and poses almost no risk to leach VOCs into groundwater. Modern pipelines almost never leak anyway.

This was nothing more than a political football carried by mindless social justice warriors and tea party loons. Good riddance.

That's incorrect because its not oilsands bitumen (the thick high viscosity stuff you talked about) that they are pumping with the keystone XL, it is synthetic crude. Synthetic crude is not so different to normal crude other than the source from which it was produced.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2015, 15:41:07

And Warren Buffet gets up and does the happy dance. Whoooohooooooo!!!! Another 20Bil a year transporting that oil via trains. :) The great BNSF owned by our favorite rich guy will get even richer.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

cronie Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 17:12:28

Global warming. Global cooling. You can't make this stuff up.

Instead of hugging trees and demonizing oil and fossil fuels, maybe we should focus on the science and technologies in engineering environments. If we can man-made fluff up the environment, then we can man-made fix it.

If we can 'fix' the environment, then who gives a crap how much CO2 we release? If global warming is true, then fluff that, we 'fix' the condition and return it back to normal.

Do you complain when you spill coke over your desk? No, you get a damn cloth and wipe the table and move on. You don't ban drinks on the table like a cry baby. I rather put my drinks on my table, risk spilling it, and have a cloth on stand by to wipe it clean. The tree huggers will have you stop putting drinks on any table altogether. That's tarded.

Anyway, much of the CO2 released into the air are still from natural sources like forest fires etc.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 10th 2015, 18:13:52

Originally posted by NCC1701-E:
Link stead, a whispers "I will the princess survive Lord Ganon's the streaks down his little legs cheek. Fastle grounds in time to see princess.Link hard as his Princess.Link find you!"Will you... And you... And hops one. trusty sterror? Will kill will you!"Will be reefer pers "I will you... And hops one. Poor Link runs as love. long as the pictures one. loyal revealed as has hard as hase a terror? Will you!"Will you... And I will Link hase a magical maniac to see pictures to can catch a madness

That was beautiful. Reminiscent of Poe.