Vic Game profile

Nov 5th 2015, 0:16:43

#wherearetheghosts

Trife Game profile

Nov 5th 2015, 2:25:08

wouldn't it be intratag land trading?

Havoc Game profile

Nov 5th 2015, 2:42:35

That you are correct. People calling them 'intermural sports' growing up ruined that prefix for me.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Marshal Game profile

Nov 5th 2015, 15:01:01

old news.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

zipper Game profile

Nov 5th 2015, 17:47:12

can't keep it in the pants... keep it in the LaFamiglia

Atryn Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 18:52:28

Intratag Landtrading is the ONLY kind of landtrading that makes any logical sense.

I'm just sad that LaF was the first one to recognize this and act accordingly.

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 6th 2015, 19:34:43

Originally posted by Atryn:

Intratag Landtrading is the ONLY kind of landtrading that makes any logical sense.

Completely!!

Marshal Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 20:23:18

dunoo about being 1st.

Havoc Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 22:16:43

It's been going on in FFA for a while. Little different though
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Marshal Game profile

Nov 6th 2015, 22:49:42

and in alliance too, rd did it alot.

Hordo Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 1:12:57

remember TGA they had a 3:1 retal policy, and 2 hits = kr. They preferred not to be hit. Most alliance left them alone to their land trading tactics and piss poor netting, but they had an interesting setup.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 6:03:38

Everyone knows it is the most efficient way, but everyone is and was against it for political reasons.

But anyway, this is old news....

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 6:36:26

Originally posted by tellarion:

...but everyone is and was against it for political reasons.

Personally, I don't understand what those political reasons are. I get why intratag farming was always frowned upon.... it allowed alliances to provide risk-free land for their members and provide massive amounts of low-cost land to their best netters.

But any more, there is no risk. Everybody holds hands and trades land.. those who don't are farming bots that never fight back.. what difference does it make if an alliance wants to land trade within their own tag? At least if alliances started only trading within their own tag, we'd have some kind of actual competition again.

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2015, 7:28:42

lol, it was quite a surprise to see my country name on the AT.

Vic Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 10:35:21

Everyone knows it is the most efficient way, but everyone is and was against it for political reasons.

shut up

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2015, 12:26:25

HAN NO RETAL 3:1

GLORY TO HAN

MICHAEL NOW LEADER OF HAN

Untagged Hunter

Nov 7th 2015, 16:25:20

fluff laf that is all fluffes

Erian Game profile

Nov 7th 2015, 22:48:15

Bonus land!

Hawkster Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 4:44:04

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

Personally, I don't understand what those political reasons are. I get why intratag farming was always frowned upon.... it allowed alliances to provide risk-free land for their members and provide massive amounts of low-cost land to their best netters.

But any more, there is no risk. Everybody holds hands and trades land.. those who don't are farming bots that never fight back.. what difference does it make if an alliance wants to land trade within their own tag? At least if alliances started only trading within their own tag, we'd have some kind of actual competition again.

It was also frowned upon because lot of multi's that were used long time ago to feed player's real country. But while I wouldnt doubt this still happens here n there, most if not all are found out and removed. So once again it is really no longer relevant or a major issue. FFA it is tolerated lot more because you already have tons of countries for each player so isnt really necessary to have multi's.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 7:48:52

Originally posted by Vic:

shut up

Any particular reason why?

tellarion Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 7:53:54

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

...but everyone is and was against it for political reasons.

Because it breaks down what little semblance of competition and skill there was left, that's why. Yes, I agree that people from two tags trading their break information freely, without using ops, and manipulating their NWs in order for both sides to benefit is basically the same thing. That's why I wasn't really in favor of doing it that way. I preferred to have an open list system which was basically restricted grabbing. People who don't want to be grabbed are exempt, and everyone else is fair game, within reason(meaning you can't get hit a ridiculous number of times in a short window).

Evo did it this way for years with PDM before it really started to spread(that set laf and rd went fkn nuts and broke all sorts of records). Both sides benefitted, but usually one side understood the math and formulas better, and were able to manipulate it to come out further ahead. That is still competitive without being complete assholes to the other side, and it allows the all-x people to net in peace.

But I digress. This style has slowly been dying off as people go for the more efficient method of hand-holding. Intra-tag trading is just the next logical step...

SolidSnake Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 16:11:01

Because it breaks down what little semblance of competition and skill there was left, that's why. Yes, I agree that people from two tags trading their break information freely, without using ops, and manipulating their NWs in order for both sides to benefit is basically the same thing. That's why I wasn't really in favor of doing it that way. I preferred to have an open list system which was basically restricted grabbing. People who don't want to be grabbed are exempt, and everyone else is fair game, within reason(meaning you can't get hit a ridiculous number of times in a short window).

Evo did it this way for years with PDM before it really started to spread(that set laf and rd went fkn nuts and broke all sorts of records). Both sides benefitted, but usually one side understood the math and formulas better, and were able to manipulate it to come out further ahead. That is still competitive without being complete assholes to the other side, and it allows the all-x people to net in peace.

But I digress. This style has slowly been dying off as people go for the more efficient method of hand-holding. Intra-tag trading is just the next logical step...

I won last set without landtrading... And with the exception of enshula (laf), no one was even close.

Landtrading at all is copping out of netgaining competitively, but if people are going to accept it as a form of netgaining, I dont really see why laf should penalise themselves by having to trade with people less skilled so reducing their own gains and thus their own networths, as opposed to everyone else getting to trade with higher skilled players, optimising their gains.

All that said, if I was still leading/playing in laf landtrading at all would be outlawed and most of the alliances on the server would be farm land, there would be wars for reasons, and everyone would be entirely more butthurt. But that's just how I liked to play the game.

trumper Game profile

Nov 8th 2015, 22:47:47

It's not relaxed tier, it's netflix and chill incestual version, duh.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2015, 3:40:35

the issues more having to trade with fewer targets, skill doesnt matter too much if you walk people through the trades

though this set everyone was so slow that people dont want to buy up nw to trade

i guess in a way that is skill, but even if the people trading this set were good, youd still run out of partners unless your the only one in your tag trading

md only has one person trading so he gets to trade with everyone else who is trading

its partly the war but it feels a very uncompetitive set, the last big war set 177m nw made top 10, and id expect people have gotten that high allx

i dont think it will be quite that bad this set though, 49m was t100 that set

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 7:00:03

if only qz would just remove the you cannot attack yourself paradox then you would just get ghost acres boom like that!
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

trumper Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 15:07:29

In fairness, land-trading is a political evolution of the game. I once discussed intra-alliance landtrading way way back when noting the potential. At the time, it was deemed inadvisable. I personally didn't necessarily favor it, but also worried about people quitting the game from being farmed to death. It's a tricky issue. I liked the bots solution and randomizing returns some making the trading less advantageous.

Vic Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 15:30:59

shut up

Any particular reason why?

Yes, a very particular reason - you said that everyone *is* and *was* against it, and that it is *old news*. So if we're all of that opinion and we've all been of that opinion for a while ...
well, shut up

Trife Game profile

Nov 9th 2015, 15:40:28

well, shut up

no u