Verified:

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 31st 2015, 23:17:53

Today I went to visit Mercier Orchards in Blue Ridge, Georgia. http://www.mercier-orchards.com/

What did they have? Everything.

Shirts
Folksy crafts
Soaps
Baked goods
Vegetables
Some berries
A few peaches (nearly out of peach season already)
Apple Cider
Hard Apple Cider and local area wines
Apples

They had a tasting counter to try some of their offerings (free). I tried several varieties of apple and took home some Jonathan and McIntosh apples. In another room they have the hard ciders/wines with a tasting counter ($6 to try 4, $8 with a take home wine glass). The Grumpy Granny hard cider and Just Peachy wine were added to my cart. I also bought some regular apple cider and maple/praline syrup.

The best part is, most of the 4 hours of driving was through beautiful mountain forests, much of them within national forests/parks. I even had a brief bit of silent driving when the radio seek function just kept running through all the channels.

-Angel1

mrford Game profile

Aug 31st 2015, 23:19:28

driving for 4 hours isnt a staycation, as gay as that word sounds.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BladeEWG Game profile

Sep 1st 2015, 0:26:12

Sounds like a fun trip to me!
They have any of those donut peaches? Love those and going to try to grow them here next year.

I had to drive 5 hours this morning for a one hour job then another 5 back.
That must be like a workcation?

Atryn Game profile

Sep 1st 2015, 1:10:36

Hey, I live in GA. :)

Come to Dragon*Con.

mrford Game profile

Sep 1st 2015, 1:14:19

There is a place in SC that my family used to stop at on the way too or from Myrtle Beach every year. McLeod Farms I believe the name is. It was dead in the middle of the devil's speed trap off US-151 at the intersection of US-1 I think.

They grow everything, but their peaches are the best on the planet. They have all sorts or breads and preserve and dressings and whatever in addition to all the fresh fruit you could imagine.

The fresh peach ice cream was the highlight easily. Closely followed by theor banana nut bread.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

damondusk Game profile

Sep 1st 2015, 1:44:40

I was thinking the same thing; 4 hours of driving = 250-300 miles =/
I'm almost ready to fly at that point =P

Angel1 Game profile

Sep 1st 2015, 11:44:14

Originally posted by damondusk:
I was thinking the same thing; 4 hours of driving = 250-300 miles =/
I'm almost ready to fly at that point =P

That would just add the flight time to the drive time.

No donut peaches, but that might have been due to the season.
-Angel1