Verified:

subzero

Aug 24th 2015, 19:20:57

please incorporate a retal button to the news when you get attacked so it won't look so bad in the news feed.

i know it's more cosmetic than mechanical, but i'd definitely appreciate it so i won't have to be sending messages to every country i retal. they just know it's a retal.

lin kuei out! *icymist + vanish*

midevil.chaos Game profile

Aug 24th 2015, 22:17:00

I second that idea!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2015, 16:19:11

Say what?

It could be complicated to implement that, depending on the alliance's retal policy &etc&etc
Finally did the signature thing.

subzero

Aug 25th 2015, 23:35:33

it'd be great if we can have the word retal in the newsfeed so people can see it is not farming. and this way you know it is a retal cuz you'd need to be attacked for the button to show up.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 26th 2015, 13:24:10

the problem with this sub is the fact alliances retal for their members countries, so the country you hit might not be the country that reals you, its impossible to program so its correct because it would be guessing if the hit was a retal or not.

better to keep track of who you hit,
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

subzero

Aug 26th 2015, 19:33:41

well then it'd definitely add a whole new dynamic wouldnt it? lol

as Garrosh states, Times Change.

zipper Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 21:13:23

doesn't anybody send a retal message anymore?

we always did so there was no confusion ...

lets say this just happened :
2015-08-26 12:01 P1 (#154) [PANLV] SnowIce (#2155) [SNOW] SS 35A (+19A)

you retal according to your policy and send a message saying it was the retal for the following offence... ( post hits ) , have a nice set and move on. Many times wars start over not sending a message and hits between countries gets out of control.

so just send retal message and problem solved.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 21:16:51

t should be sent always but ........
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DancingBear Game profile

Aug 26th 2015, 22:29:08

maybe we could add a player message directly to the attack

add a text box to the war room such that whatever is entered is added to the defender's report and to the public news report

i realize that with the current format, the news reports might be too cluttered for general use, so maybe also add a check box to the news form to turn the player messages on and off for display (i guess we might also want to search them)

i predict that many (fun) uses for this player defined news message feature could be found, including new forms of trash talk, but it would be easy enough to use it to advertise the attacker's intent