Verified:

machwell Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 20:01:36

Peace out, HF

Detmer Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 20:09:02

Sorry it was not what you hoped for and you were not prepared to win in the political climate.

machwell Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 20:11:26

I was hoping for 5 man teams and an interesting server.

It was cool in the beginning, then the retards started flowing in.

trumper Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 20:18:22

Good riddance.

gwagers Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 20:29:57

I'm not sure who you mean by "retards." People that don't want to play in 5-man teams? They've been here from the beginning; there wasn't any "flowing in." Of course, if you just mean FBI et al., I'll happily take part in the complaining.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

archaic Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 21:20:05

Originally posted by Detmer:
Sorry it was not what you hoped for and you were not prepared to win in the political climate.

What political climate? Winning is completely random in the Lord of the Flies server.

The problem is that politics is meaningless, this server is terrible for warring and worse for netting. Even if you are minding your own business netting, one bored person can wreck an entire team. 5 v 5 wars end up being slaughterhouses for whoever is on the receiving end of a FS. What I really don't understand is the absolute unwillingness to accept landgrabbing - that more than anything ruined this server. With RD and FBI killing anybody that touches them rather than just grabbing back their land + more, the half of the server that does not give a fluff about NW is now free to push the explore button all set with impunity. Meanwhile the other half that wants to netgain is afraid to landgrab for fear of being wiped out over what ammounts to a ghost acre transaction.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

gwagers Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 21:26:23

Unless it was explicitly stated (or at least inferred through word of mouth) that the "correct" way to play this server is to throw NW to the winds and play FBI-style. Perhaps I'd be a little more amenable to chaos if there was no expectation of the server being anything other than chaotic.

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Ruthie

Sep 16th 2010, 21:27:53

Well if the tags can keep their land this way, then who is to say that they arent allowed to?

No one wants to be grabbed therefore if they can prevent that, why shouldnt they?

Just because they dont play the way you want them to doesnt mean they cant play the way they want to.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Detmer Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 21:45:16

Originally posted by Ruthie:
Well if the tags can keep their land this way, then who is to say that they arent allowed to?

No one wants to be grabbed therefore if they can prevent that, why shouldnt they?

Just because they dont play the way you want them to doesnt mean they cant play the way they want to.

Oh fluff... I think we've been hacked... someone gets it...

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 16th 2010, 22:18:44

Originally posted by gwagers:
Unless it was explicitly stated (or at least inferred through word of mouth) that the "correct" way to play this server is to throw NW to the winds and play FBI-style. Perhaps I'd be a little more amenable to chaos if there was no expectation of the server being anything other than chaotic.

FBI-style. That is catchy. I like it.

I don't understand how we have ever prevented this server from netgaining. I seem to see multiple tags do it EVERY ROUND. Usually a board PM or a join in on our IRC chat has ended up with FBI being very civil and only responding with retals. Usually the case is, we get double/triple/quadruple tapped and rather than having teams think it is ok to do that, we go to war.The exception to this rule is this round, due to the ongoing war that seems to be going on between FBI and whichever tag machwell is in.(Changes every round and I am not saying it's machwell's tag, just the one he is in with the other members of it)....we also warred MKR last round for a single hit. But that hit came in during our war. And we've never talked to each other prior to that.

Considering at some point there are less than 5 members in a team, you hit them 4 times. Well that is a good majority of attacks on a 1-5 member team in relation of it's size.

We continue to take this game as serious free as ever. It just happens we are actually killing people this round instead of getting killed. Now we are the bad guys. We are still having as much fun as we were when we were getting killed. Heck, we will more than likely even start killing each other. Because WE think it's funny.

Now you might think "why do they post so much if they don't take it serious"....well detmer and I work in jobs in which we have too much time to make up crap on these boards.

Fills our days up. Gives us wood.

We eat babies.

Thanks,

ZEN
Female Body Inspector
FBI

archaic Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 3:14:54

/facepalm

Seriously? so NOW you think that its ok for a bunch of teams to band together and enforce their collective policys on the server?

I've been played
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Detmer Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 3:24:16

Originally posted by archaic:

/facepalm

Seriously? so NOW you think that its ok for a bunch of teams to band together and enforce their collective policys on the server?

I've been played

What is that in reference to? If this is about the RD thread, then I recognize the irony in banding together to stop people from banding together.

machwell Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 7:26:07

ZEN, It's been the same team all along.

When it comes to war, it's always you've that started it through killing rather than retalling.

We've not carried anything over from previous sets and we haven't looked at it as an ongoing war. If we had, you'd know.

gwagers Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 11:11:06

If you had ONCE said that you were at war when I hit you, there would not have been a problem last set. I can admit a mistake as well as anyone else. The fact that the word "war" never came up except as a solution to our altercation AFTER I hit you makes me wonder why that "explanation" had to wait until right now to come out.

And yes, you do eat babies.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2010, 14:48:31

gwagers - We use TT as our message board. We announced it here that we were at war. Sure we enjoy firing before talking, but it could have been settled prior to us going to war. By not hitting us.

machwell - We are usually war prepped countries. Not retal prepped countries. If we get farmed, you can guarantee that we will choose to use our countries in the best way possible.

Like we keep saying. We still love you guys. If we got killed this round first, we would be praising you for your killing skills.

Confirmed. Babies delicious.

Thanks,

ZEN
Female Body Inspector
FBI

K_L Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 17:06:06

Oh we are so party poopers... so any of you like scat?

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 18:02:29

haven't we seen this thread before?

*soaks in the melodrama*

locket Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 18:26:30

Ruth could take that to apply to laf as well ;)

trumper Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 19:12:33

The irony is we don't start the conflicts, but our resolution method seems to work.