Verified:

CUJO-31 Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 15:36:21

Hi, I am fairly new to this game but used to play earth 2025. Is there a recommended ratio for OPA or DPA or even spies per acre.

I am mostly tecking.

vern Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 16:06:05

very good question, if you are in a tag that dosnt war, you dont need many spies, but if your warring, spies (SPAL) may be your friend

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 17th 2015, 16:36:09

Yeah, all depends on what you expect to happen during the set and what tagprotection you got.

There's always a risk of suiciders even if you plan in a good tag so having a bit of defense ain't that bad.

During netting sets I'm pretty damn low on defense but got lots of jets to be able to do 5 decent PS every day.
Spies sure is your friend, doesn't matter how many troops you get - with bad SPAL it will be easy to Cause Dissension and break you anyway

mrford Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 16:51:12

If you go to war with less than a 100 spal, you are going to have a bad time.

netting, i usually build 200 indys and leave em on 100% spies.

defense and offence depend entirely on your playing style, your goals, your country's economy, and who your opponent is if you are fighting.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Heston Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 16:51:41

20 eleven to 73 ratio
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

vern Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 16:56:05

chicks dig a 4:11 rear end

Marshal Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 19:16:28

vern: that's quite small.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

Jul 17th 2015, 19:17:07

Marshal: you missed the point as always

/wrists
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

DotTC1 Game profile

Jul 18th 2015, 14:47:14

I feel quite naked without spies so I tend to be spy heavy (although I am working on toning it down when I"m not warring) so I will usually have 500-750 ICs making 70-100% spies.

CUJO-31 Game profile

Jul 20th 2015, 19:56:51

Thanks for all your responses.

I will try to re-calibrate my build strategy to have 350 ICs and set to 100% Spies. I am finding it easier to just buy the military.

I don't intent to make many attacks this round, as I want to get a feel for the game. Plus everyone I attack dies within 24 hours for some odd reason.

Is this game very clan based - I am assuming tag is a synonym for clan.

Can someone please explain what netting is? Is it the time when the country is in full expansion mode.

Another question, As a techer is my only option to simply research or is there something else I can do with my turns? Same if I am trying to a major oil producer, how does one use up his turn if all they do is oil.

Thanks.

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 20th 2015, 21:47:28

Yeah, it sure is clan based aka as tag.

To keep it simple we can say that there are three phases in a non-waring set.

1. Get your production up.
Get land and whatever tech you need to boost your income.

2. Stocking.
When you have reached your goals you pretty much tech (if techer) or cash (if you'r something else).
You can't have more then 2b cash in your countries, if you do corrupition kicks in and you'r gonna loose cash, because of that people stock, either in tech or, most common in bushels.

3. The Jump phase.
Here we dump our stock on the market and stops taking turns (due to corruption). All cash you get from the market is being put into hardware.

CUJO-31 Game profile

Jul 21st 2015, 19:43:42

Thanks

Good to know that having over 2b in cash is counter productive. I am about to hit 2B in cash.

Is food generally a safe place to invest because there will always be buyers and price doesn't fluctuate much. I notice the price for oil has a massive swing 150-225, while food is typically 38-42 and the tech prices have a massive range aswell.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 21st 2015, 20:11:33

bushels price varies sometimes quite a much, bushels can be put on market to be safe (3 figure price) from attackers, bushels are easy to sell when starts de- and restocking. oil has its use when restocking but then needs to get it with cheap price or produce it.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....