Verified:

Brigg Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 2:40:58

I ran into an issue where My teammates and I found ourselves under attack with one of the reasons being we "Had too many missiles, making us look like a huge threat" (Paraphrasing)

I got to thinking: Once you have those missiles, you can't get rid of them unless you fire them at somebody. And what's to prevent this from happening to somebody else? They look like they're stockpiling missiles, but really, the RNG is just being nice to them. I mean, even with 0 Warfare tech, a 0.200% chance is still a chance.

So my idea is to perhaps create a way for a country to get rid of missiles without having to fire them. Maybe have an option to sell them on public and/or private markets. And if not sell them, do SOMETHING that will allow a way for someone to drop missiles harmlessly.
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2015, 3:43:58

Drunksex will always find a "reason" to war.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 14:05:07

missile market has been suggested n+1 times.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DancingBear Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 14:38:46

perhaps add on option (maybe on the private market sell page) to exchange missiles for turns, one turn per missile:

each missle type has a numerical entry box to fill in the number of missles to exchange for turns, and an 'exchange" button to make it happen, as per exchanging bonus points

this would have implications at many points in the game and alter the value of warfare tech, but maybe all in good and interesting ways ... at least cruise missiles wouldl be more welcome in my game

has this missile twist been offered up before?

ps - near term, to dump your missiles, did you consider having your top spal team mate run diffuse missile ops?

DruncK Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 16:10:05

Private Market selling of missiles would be pretty cool imo

Marshal Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 19:02:37

turns are useless near end and end of set. if players get 5-10k bucks per missiles sold then not that much.

braden Game profile

Jun 24th 2015, 20:05:07

Originally posted by Marshal:

you have told people that n+1 times.

Nerrus Game profile

Jun 25th 2015, 1:34:36

Originally posted by braden:
Originally posted by Marshal:

you have told people that n+1 times.

n + 1
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 25th 2015, 20:12:22

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Drunksex will always find a "reason" to war.

It's not really about them, KOH, It's more about the fact that there's a way to change pretty much everything about your own country without having to get involved with any other country, except the production of missiles. Once you have them, if you don't use them, they just sit there.

Two passing thoughts were also:

1. Maybe make it so where if you have 0 Warfare tech, you have 0% chance of making missiles! That way, you don't get missiles unless you choose to do so by gaining warfare tech.

2. (Perhaps less likely, but cooler in my opinion) Make an option to turn missiles into SDI tech (Maybe 500). It would be as though you are designating the missiles to be used to intercept other missiles.

Just some thoughts...
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR

braden Game profile

Jun 25th 2015, 20:49:46

7/22/2

make it fifty million per missile on the private. or thirty.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 25th 2015, 20:51:41

in your dreams maybe.

braden Game profile

Jun 25th 2015, 23:01:46

then where would we hold hands?

h2orich Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 8:26:19

$30m?

On Alliance Server:
if I am a 5k casher with max tech making about $2.5m / turn , thats 120 * 2.5 = $300m
and if I have 5% warfare I get 6 missiles a day on average, thats $180m additional cash. thats additional 60% income.

and on days that I get unlucky and dont make any missile. I lose 40% of my income.

DancingBear Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 10:25:17

in my opinion, it will be difficult to put a cash value on missiles without a missile market to "balance" things out

i suggested swapping missiles for turns, but it is true that turns aren't equally valued by the different strats, so that change would have winners and loosers ...

BUT, there is one earth commodity that is universally valued and almost always useful -- bonus points!

anybody else want to swap a missile for a bonus point?

and if 1 for 1 seems too rich, it could be 2 or 3 missiles per bonus point ... that would still work for me ... anybody?

Edited By: DancingBear on Jun 26th 2015, 11:14:50. Reason: extended post with lower missile ratio
See Original Post

DruncK Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 13:14:40

Missiles should be valued on the damage they could do to your country with a max of $50 million. That way you can't make one lucky missile in the first 100 turns and get too big of an advantage. Same for endset destocking.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 13:45:33

i get usually 1-2 missiles in ffa during 1st 2 days (100 turna).

missiles to bonuspoints = more bonus booms

5m is max price for sell price and 1-2m preferable

if wants to buy missiles then 25m is bare minimum

DruncK Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 18:24:41

Buying missiles will never happen, but if it did I suppose SDI market would sjy rocket. Might even be worth researching on express although GDI kinda killed the need fo it

DancingBear Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 18:55:32

missiles already have a net worth value, so there is an implicit range of cash they could be worth, which i think is probably smallish

the original post was just looking for a way to harmlessly get rid of missiles, and that could be easily accomodated with a private market sell for $0 ... just like shooting them at a dummy country and thereby loosing the missile's net worth, but without loosing turns doing it

if you want to keep the missile selling NW neutral, put the sell price apprpriately low

i agree that missiles should not be buyable -- my intuition is that buying missiles changes the game in big and unpredictable ways

i thought it would be cool to trade unwanted missiles for anything that would add small, interesting wrnkles and give missiles new value beyond war, but i don't see how being able to trade them for big cash could work well for everyone

Edited By: DancingBear on Jun 26th 2015, 19:06:07. Reason: typo
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 19:17:27

each missile is 5k nw worth so with that price not that worth to sell.

drunck: i know and its been shot down due a) idiots (suiciders etc) b) warmongers (they would buy alot chems before fs and gain even bigger advantage), possibility to buy missiles would make sdi more used.

DruncK Game profile

Jun 27th 2015, 19:39:22

I 100% agree that missiles should never be purchased on public market, but selling them on private market should definitely be possible. They should be valued as to what damage they could do to YOUR country with a set high and low price ($50m ceiling and $50k low). Makes warfare useful not only to war mongerers but tree huggers alike.

DancingBear Game profile

Jun 27th 2015, 20:47:29

drunck, please help me understand

... because you are a very big and built country, you deserve $50m / missile, but everybody else deserves less for their missiles? why would anyone support that other than countries that like to get big and keep missiles?

and why cash? if you want cash, buy bus tech, ... missiles come from warfare tech ... i really don't see any connection ...to me, your suggestion seems to be adding a cash lottery aspect to warfare tech where the size of the prize is based on how big you are already ...

how does that make anything better?

DancingBear Game profile

Jun 27th 2015, 21:23:11

and getting just off the path, maybe missile nw is too low in the game as it is today

consider the above $50m figure. using $1b = $4m nw, a $50m missile coverts to 200k nw, rather than $5k nw as per today

if missiles were worth 200k nw, netters would chase them, and thus there would be many many more missiles in the game

and some players might be less willing to use a bunch of their missiles without good purpose because they had a big nw value

does anyone know why missiles are valued so low?

DruncK Game profile

Jun 28th 2015, 15:18:35

If it wasn't based off your countries nw value you could sell your lucky missile at startup for 1.25m which is unfair imo

Marshal Game profile

Jun 28th 2015, 16:35:00

mehul does doubt but he does want anything to do with earth.