Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 25th 2015, 17:51:16

My game is very simple in execution and concept. I catch a lot of fluff from some players over it, but I like to play this way, regardless of where I finish the game in the ranks, etc. I don't expect anybody to like it, but it IS how I'm going to play the game, whether they like it or not, and if they really don't like it, they have the option to pick a fight with me.

I ONLY landgrab from my scores list. That's it, it's the built in tool that the game offers to spot targets. I am aware that I could use news searches, and or some external site to find targets that would be much easier to "never be retalled by", but I find that method to be distasteful to me. Farming some upstart for land repeatedly and thinking that you're the good guy just doesn't click in my mind.

Now, if you happen to be one of those guys and are in my scores list and very fat, and you're one of those guys that farms some upstart to death repeatedly, the likelihood that you will wind up being my landgrab target is higher than if you are just someone who hits a country one time and moves on. If you're an ALL X player, I'm likely never to hit you no matter how much land you have on you in my scores list.

I fully expect that there will be a retaliation by the player I hit for land. In the solo games, I do NOT accept retals from ANY other player on behalf of any player, nor do I tolerate multiple retals in a quest to get Land:land, etc. You get the same number of shots as I got, if you bounce, that's the end of it right there. After 72 hours, the slate is clean again.

It's not like I'm landgrabbing twenty or thirty times a week or anything. I might landgrab once every few days at the most, otherwise, I occupy myself doing something else.

I think that more people should play by these simple rules. It makes the game more competitive, not less. The in game tools that are originally provided with game access should be the only tools that anyone uses to play the game. I understand that some people have come to depend on external databases and such so that they can find the perfect landgrab that is NEVER going to be able to retal you, and I think that's sorta cowardly. Again, you don't have to like or accept my opinion on this, but there it is anyway. Take it for what you will.

If you heinously attack an ally of mine in Primary, and it appears in my news, I will take it upon myself to attack you in return. I won't attack due to a message or other bullfluff like that, but if it appears in my in game news reporting service, I'm going to do something about it since it was brought to my attention by a game service.

I've been deleted for that before in the express game, which really pissed me off, I must admit. But, I'm still going to do that for anyone that is my ally in the game. The risk is worth it in the final analysis from my perspective.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

mrford Game profile

Jun 25th 2015, 18:00:16

The issue is that you dont know what to do with the land once you get it.

So in effect, you are just being a fluff to be a fluff, not to try to better your score.

Personally I don't mind being grabbed, it is being grabbed by rainbow tards that bothers me.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

h2orich Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 2:29:13

This is why you dont excel in this game.

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 3:31:58

"I do NOT accept retals from ANY other player on behalf of any player"

"If you heinously attack an ally of mine in Primary, and it appears in my news, I will take it upon myself to attack you in return. "

Lol, sorry buddy... I saw this and had to re-post. I do believe you should play by whatever rules you see fit, and nobody should tell you otherwise... Same token, you can't expect anyone to play by your rules either. ;-)
The EEVIL Empire

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2015, 11:00:07

What is your country number?

Very long winded statement.

Better than a sleeping pill literally

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2015, 16:12:36

Cerbz get moar land!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2015, 16:28:50

I'm going to work on that, KoHeartsGPA. Ford what you say doesn't matter. Serpenrtor, let me clear that up a bit, it was a bit misleading. I define heinously attacked as having been farmed for land, let's say a trigger point of 3 grabs in a ros.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Fundamentally I play for fun and entertainment, not to be the biggest fattest country in the game. If you don't like it, or you don't like the way I play, which is obvious to everyone especially since I use the same name every game, you are welcome to try to kill me. In the solo game though, things are different. :) You won't have a tribe of hangers on to help you.

mrford Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 16:33:08

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Ford what you say doesn't matter.

Remember that time you challenged me to a 1v1 on FFA and got beat so bad in the first 4 hours of mutual FS that you rage quit and said I cheated?

You still mad about that? I think I am a creditable witness ad to your skill in this game soely from that experience, not to mention the numerous others.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 20:46:52

No worries. This game is fun playing in many dif ways. If your not having fun, why even bother.

I used to love war on alliance, but just don't have time for it and became a useless effort, and netting on alliance licks ballsack because you can't grab without camping, land trading, or be willing to taking retals. Primary at least you can grab with some skill and strategy enough to make it fun.
The EEVIL Empire

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 26th 2015, 21:47:45

good post. I think Serp had a decent critique of one minor point. But as long as we are having fun, that's what matters. I'm one of teh guys farming and trying to get fat and win. I enjoy you playing actually as it adds an additional challenge to the game trying to avoid your topfeed.

silentwolf Game profile

Jun 27th 2015, 0:50:32

yo cerb ! ;)

long time no see.

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 27th 2015, 6:01:01

Exactly bobby. I'll even go farther and say that IMO, GDI took away a lot of that challenge of avoiding hits from below. That's why you see the same guys at the top every time. It's easier to get away with land clean and clear since the change. I liked the little guys being able to fight back.
The EEVIL Empire

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 27th 2015, 12:46:07

I won't agree w/ that tho. Without the current GDI rules it was virtually impossible to go a full reset w/out getting blown out of the water by some guy you hit just once, or even worse never hit at all. That's not really fun to log in to and made netting so much about luck.

Serpentor Game profile

Jun 28th 2015, 4:59:02

There was skill. Skill of battle, skill of target selection, negotiating your way out of being suicided, blasting suiciders out of range, knowing when to be in the t10, when not to, timing your jump, and the skill of building as close to an impenetrable country as you could.

Sometimes you got hit, and sometimes you didn't. That was the fun in this no holds barred slugfest to the top. Alliance server made too many people soft, with all its DNH's, reparations, entitlement to retals, tag protection to stockpile. When a guy got attacked it would be a whiners fest of entitlement.

The old 1B style was how this game was first created and what made everyone hooked. 1A got people more hooked on the social aspect. Then the players got soft and entitled and over regulated ourselves into a boring game. I prefer the pure original way of grabbing like crazy, self regulating my own play, and taking responsibility for my own actions, not to mention having fun.
The EEVIL Empire

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 6th 2015, 0:03:46

The term topfeed is completely offensive to me. You're NOT A TOPFEED, YOU"RE A TARGET when you have that much more land than people in your scores list. You're just a Better Target to hit. if you can't hit back and take it back, that's YOUR PROBLEM, NOT MINE!

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2015, 16:41:51

the problem with that is you run such fluffty low land countries with high military and tech that you have no chance to actually finish well

so you are just screwing people over just to screw them over.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2015, 20:33:39

Cerberus has 2 countries this set, 50% chance he will finish better than his other country...

:P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

anewone Game profile

Jul 10th 2015, 8:22:39

Yeah I only recently started playing (last time was abt 2005 when it was Earth: 2025) and a lot has changed in the way people select targets, I feel. I'm with Cerberus is that I only use the scores list to pick targets. Also I don't necessarily retal... I pick what seems like the best target at the time (greatest chance of success, greatest opportunity for land, least likelihood of retal) period. Sometimes that's a country above me, sometimes below, sometimes its someone whose hit me before, sometimes not. I don't hold grudges or let others actions provoke me into doing something that's not strategically sound. well... I try not to, at least.

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 10th 2015, 16:51:32

Eestats is pretty awesome for keeping track of who you've hit though. Most people will AB and missile dump you for hitting twice, so... It's pretty handy actually.
The EEVIL Empire

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 10th 2015, 21:14:24

Originally posted by mrford:
the problem with that is you run such fluffty low land countries with high military and tech that you have no chance to actually finish well

so you are just screwing people over just to screw them over.

Ford, you're always going to be a tard, nothing anyone can say or do will change that fact.

I don't give a rat's ass about "finishing" high up in the scores list, that is NOT how I measure success. If I with my low land, high military, high tech country can kick your ass, that is what I define as SUCCESS.

So, just STFU and go waste your breath somewhere else where people might actually give a fluff what you have to say. :)

mrford Game profile

Jul 10th 2015, 21:18:42

you have never come remotely close to kicking my countries ass, in fact you rage quit 10 minutes into our 1v1

a 1v1 that you were so hype about and yelping about how it was going to be a good war

so how exactly do you measure success? because from my chair you dont even know what success is you are so terrible.

you have no fundamental understanding of how this game works. you dont even sell the tech your 5K acre dict techers make. you dont understand what an economy is, and you dont know how to build a country that can sustain itself in war.

your countries are always paper tigers that are good for nothing other than fluffing with other people you have no chance of besting in any way other than being a jackass.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jul 10th 2015, 22:54:32

Originally posted by Serpentor:
There was skill. Skill of battle, skill of target selection, negotiating your way out of being suicided, blasting suiciders out of range, knowing when to be in the t10, when not to, timing your jump, and the skill of building as close to an impenetrable country as you could.

Sometimes you got hit, and sometimes you didn't. That was the fun in this no holds barred slugfest to the top. Alliance server made too many people soft, with all its DNH's, reparations, entitlement to retals, tag protection to stockpile. When a guy got attacked it would be a whiners fest of entitlement.

The old 1B style was how this game was first created and what made everyone hooked. 1A got people more hooked on the social aspect. Then the players got soft and entitled and over regulated ourselves into a boring game. I prefer the pure original way of grabbing like crazy, self regulating my own play, and taking responsibility for my own actions, not to mention having fun.

COULD NOT AGREE MORE! ESPECIALLY ON THE ALLIANCE SERVER TURNING PEOPLE SOFT. PLAYERS CREATED SYSTEMS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM EVER SUFFERING HARM, AND TURNED THE GAME INTO LITTLE MORE THAN A SPREADSHEET.

AT LEAST THERE ARE STILL EARTHQUAKES!

;)

Serpentor Game profile

Jul 11th 2015, 0:08:33

Lol @ SAM!!!

Earthquakes FTW!!!
The EEVIL Empire