Verified:

Heston Game profile

Jun 19th 2015, 23:56:43

Originally posted by Ivan:
god i love hillbillies

how many people die in the USuncivi of gun shooting accidents? I think ive read about a handful toddlers mistakenly shooting sibblings or parents already but OF COURSE YER RIGHT guns arent dangerous or bad! everyone should have 20 of them!

Must be really aweful to be so scared of the world

Yet people still sneak in to weeze our juice. The world sends their children here unaccompanied by the tens of thousands for a chance to be killed by the rampant gun violence that gun owners are collectively responsible for. Stupid south americans, Chinese, africans, Europeans, arabs all have their head up their ass when they escape utopia to come here.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 2:12:41

Do as I say, not as I do.

Frybert Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 2:15:44

^+1

farmer Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 2:59:17

bad for us gun owners every time something like this happens. The world has went nuts!

Frybert Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 3:08:06

You know what the most awesome thing about America is? If you get enough people to support something you can change it. Now, that is something that can greatly be abused, so we put another system in to stop people from easily being able to change certain things. However if enough people still supported that change, it can still happen. If these gun activists really were serious about changing the way our laws on guns are, they would be working on a constitutional amendment that would repeal or revise the second amendment. Yet with all this huss and fuss, the second amendment it still there, exactly as it was written. I know what it tells me, what does it tell you?

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2015, 5:00:16

Originally posted by Frybert:
You know what the most awesome thing about America is? If you get enough people to support something you can change it. Now, that is something that can greatly be abused, so we put another system in to stop people from easily being able to change certain things. However if enough people still supported that change, it can still happen. If these gun activists really were serious about changing the way our laws on guns are, they would be working on a constitutional amendment that would repeal or revise the second amendment. Yet with all this huss and fuss, the second amendment it still there, exactly as it was written. I know what it tells me, what does it tell you?
The right to bear arms shall not be infringed upon...something like that. It really doesnt get any simpler than that. Whats there to argue?
wasn't me...

mdevol Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 11:16:18

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

crime have been dropping regularly in the US since 1993.

the coverage of said crime has gone up, but the crime itself has been dropping and is actually quite low, historically speaking.

as for violent crime in the US compared to its other developed nation peers, the US is in the middle of the pack. which is quite impressive considering we have a much higher rate of homicide.

You can regulate guns, but you cannot regulate hate. If guns are "controlled" aka taken away, they will use other weapons like bombs, knives, airplanes, poisons, and we would at the end of the day, not addressed the central issues of why people are actually shooting each other.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 11:19:57

And the constitution was not designed as the final word indefinite ,rather it was designed to be adapted and change as the country grew.
Unfortunately our government does have the balls to change anything on the original, just to make amendments to appease some.
When it's the U.S. that has allowed these tragedies to become common place and still not do anything to end them it's a embarassment.
Maybe they should study the Aussies and see how they handled their similar problem. But of course they acted quickly to do so. That's something the U.S. Can't do , we would prefer to have our lawmakers sit and debate and still not come up with solutions. That has become the new American way I fear.

Oceana Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 11:35:37

Buying an illegal gun on the street is cheaper an easier then buying a legal one, so I don't see how changing laws would help anything. What I cant understand is how I have to pay a fee to register a gun which is my constitutinal right to own, but Its unconstitutional to charge even a dollar for an ID so a person can Vote.
which has little to do with this case

The parents should be charged as accomplices .

mrford Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 15:24:19

It hurts my eyes to read a blade post. Step away from the enter key and Google how to use punctuation.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 15:28:42

Oh, and to compare Australia to the US is as stupid as your sentence structure in this respect. The population, ethnic diversity, urban environment, proliferation of firearms, and recent history are totally different. It is almost as stupid as Ivan judging America from his ethnically homogeneous country that still has violent crime.

Stop regurgitating fluff you hear from others.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 20th 2015, 15:31:56
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Heston Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 17:51:31

Here is the bowl cut having fluff ass cowards manifesto of hate. Supposedly.
http://lastrhodesian.com/data/documents/rtf88.txt
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2015, 19:49:05

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
And the constitution was not designed as the final word indefinite ,rather it was designed to be adapted and change as the country grew.
Unfortunately our government does have the balls to change anything on the original, just to make amendments to appease some.
When it's the U.S. that has allowed these tragedies to become common place and still not do anything to end them it's a embarassment.
Maybe they should study the Aussies and see how they handled their similar problem. But of course they acted quickly to do so. That's something the U.S. Can't do , we would prefer to have our lawmakers sit and debate and still not come up with solutions. That has become the new American way I fear.
Wow, just wow. fluff you.
wasn't me...

Frybert Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 19:52:06

Schilling Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 21:35:30

http://edition.cnn.com/.../index.html?iref=obinsite

We should also ban balcony use!

Frybert Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 21:40:59

https://www.yahoo.com/...ore-likely-181712526.html

We need to declare war on the cows.

Schilling Game profile

Jun 20th 2015, 23:54:36

Already on it. Just ate a chunk of one with a side of deep fried shrimp. They won't get me as long as I have propane!

elvesrus

Jun 21st 2015, 0:08:38

Take away the legal guns and you'll still be able to buy one on crenshaw
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mdevol Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 0:59:01

I have more numbers to throw out tonight when I get to a pc. To put it into perspective.

Teaser: gun homicides are not as widespread and prominent as we are being told.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mrford Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 1:19:37

http://i.imgur.com/C3ZiUIW.jpg

/me puts 10 foot pole away
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Jun 21st 2015, 1:21:48

it's hard to help people that don't want it

mrford Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 1:27:03

culture and environment has everything to do with everything. both ways. not the guns.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 5:42:32

Originally posted by mrford:
culture and environment has everything to do with everything. both ways. not the guns.

Guns are part of that culture, though. The way we think about guns is markedly different from how other countries think of them..

mrford Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 7:42:15

that wasnt my point though. guns arnt a problem if violence and hatred isnt ingrained in your culture. weather that be a white supremacist, or a MS-13 gang banger, or a crack trap house runner. and dont get me started on the attention people like this bowl cut douchebag get post act. or how the media sensationalizes everything into a race divide.

violence, resentment, ignorance, and intolerance are more dangerous than the guns. all you are doing is taking away the tool, not the motive.

granted, economic status has some to do with this, but not everything.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 21st 2015, 7:44:34
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 8:07:05

I think both sides are wrong. Guns are not the only issue, of course. But they absolutely do intensify the problem. There are far too many guns, and equally as many people who are willing to use them, both of which are the problem, imo.

mrford Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 8:12:52

the debate is weather it would be best/easier to get the guns, or change the culture

neither would be easy. the proliferation of guns in the US and the culture surrounding them and the perceived freedom make it all but impossible to get them. i wouldnt be too keen if someone wanted to take mine.

changing a culture isnt something that can really be directed. ending poverty could solve a lot of violent crime, but a lot of the mass shootings that grab headlines are not spurred from poverty. not like ending poverty is a simple thing to do anyways. changing cultural priorities and whagt is glorified would be a good start, but that is something a people has to do, government cant force that.

oddly enough, most people dont really care about the thousands murdered daily for drugs or money or pride, they just see the mass shootings every few months. crime is going to be crime. guns might make it easier, but they arnt the cause.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

ssewellusmc

Jun 21st 2015, 8:29:31

Originally posted by tellarion:

Guns are part of that culture, though. The way we think about guns is markedly different from how other countries think of them..

Other countries are a bunch of pussies who hide behind us when war breaks out. Merica

tellarion Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 9:55:46

tellarion Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 9:56:37

the debate is weather it would be best/easier to get the guns, or change the culture

neither would be easy. the proliferation of guns in the US and the culture surrounding them and the perceived freedom make it all but impossible to get them. i wouldnt be too keen if someone wanted to take mine.

changing a culture isnt something that can really be directed. ending poverty could solve a lot of violent crime, but a lot of the mass shootings that grab headlines are not spurred from poverty. not like ending poverty is a simple thing to do anyways. changing cultural priorities and whagt is glorified would be a good start, but that is something a people has to do, government cant force that.

oddly enough, most people dont really care about the thousands murdered daily for drugs or money or pride, they just see the mass shootings every few months. crime is going to be crime. guns might make it easier, but they arnt the cause.

I agree with you for the most part, honestly. But you said it yourself; Guns make it easier, so at the very least, if we have better controls on guns, then it makes many types of crimes harder. Is that not a worthy thing to work towards?

Frybert Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 11:53:24

I always hear 'better control' but I never actually hear what people think that means.

tellarion Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 12:20:45

I always hear 'better control' but I never actually hear what people think that means.

You hear what that means a lot, but you just tune it out, most likely.

Personally, I think there should be standardization across the country. I'd like to see universal background checks and waiting periods, even at gun shows. I'd like a basic safety course like you have to do with hunting. I'd like to see punishments for losing track of your gun and not reporting it stolen. I want ALL gun owners to be responsible owners.

I don't think these things are so ridiculous. If you really are serious about wanting a gun, jumping through these minimum hoops shouldn't be an issue. It's harder to buy a car than a gun in many places, and I think that's crazy.

mdevol Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 13:49:33

for the most part, that is the case.

the gun show thing is so overblown by the media and talking heads and anti-gun politicians around the country and simply not true. the numbers were grossly exaggerated and were taken from a 1993 survey (prior to there being a mandate to background check). the fast-tracked sales at most gun shows today are to those that have a ccw or some other form of licensing that have already had to do these tests and checks that are more thorough than the standard background check you would get at a firearms dealer. every licensed gun dealer is federally mandated to do a background check prior to any sale of a firearm unless you can provide documentation you have already had one done recently. this has been the case since 1993 when the when the Brady Bill was enacted by congress and signed by Bill Clinton.

http://dailysignal.com/...called-gun-show-loophole/

https://en.wikipedia.org/...n_Violence_Prevention_Act

mrford Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 16:44:34

Personally, I think there should be standardization across the country. I'd like to see universal background checks and waiting periods, even at gun shows. I'd like a basic safety course like you have to do with hunting. I'd like to see punishments for losing track of your gun and not reporting it stolen. I want ALL gun owners to be responsible owners.

I don't think these things are so ridiculous. If you really are serious about wanting a gun, jumping through these minimum hoops shouldn't be an issue. It's harder to buy a car than a gun in many places, and I think that's crazy.

every one of these things is pretty much already a thing though....

i had to get approval from the sheriff for every one of my pistols, unless i have a conceal carry, which works as my permit, and you have to have training and approval for that.

the funny part is, the vast majority of gun crime is committed with non registered weapons, it is just these high profile shootings that people seem to care about. I wonder how many people have been murdered i charelston so far this year with guns that wernt mass shootings i bet it is more than 9. your laws would change 0 part of that, even if they already are laws in most of the states.

sure guns may or may not make crime easier, but they are just the tool. going after a tool for crime isnt going to stop crime and more than making weed illegal stopped people from smoking and moving it or prohibition stopped people from drinking.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Frybert Game profile

Jun 21st 2015, 17:17:02

every one of these things is pretty much already a thing though....

i had to get approval from the sheriff for every one of my pistols, unless i have a conceal carry, which works as my permit, and you have to have training and approval for that.

the funny part is, the vast majority of gun crime is committed with non registered weapons, it is just these high profile shootings that people seem to care about. I wonder how many people have been murdered i charelston so far this year with guns that wernt mass shootings i bet it is more than 9. your laws would change 0 part of that, even if they already are laws in most of the states.

sure guns may or may not make crime easier, but they are just the tool. going after a tool for crime isnt going to stop crime and more than making weed illegal stopped people from smoking and moving it or prohibition stopped people from drinking.

http://www.city-data.com/...eston-South-Carolina.html
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/sc/charleston/crime/
http://spotcrime.com/sc/charleston

Schilling Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 0:41:28

You don't need to sign a death-loan to get a gun. Cars require more hoops because of financing issues, not safety/social issues.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 0:45:26

ACTUALLY, NO. YOUR (MIS)UNDERSTANDING OF THE CONSTITUTION IS COMPLETELY BACKWARDS.

THE CONSTITUTION WAS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO BE DIFFICULT TO CHANGE - TO WITHSTAND THE WHIMS OF WHATEVER TEMPORARY FERVOR MAY LEAD PEOPLE TO WANT TO TRADE THE PROTECTIONS THE CONSTITUTION AFFORDS US FOR A FALSE PROMISE OF SECURITY.

THE AMENDMENT PROCESS SHOULD BE (AND IS) VERY DIFFICULT. YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT CHANGING THE BEDROCK UPON WHICH THE WHOLE SYSTEM WAS BUILT. THAT SHOULDN'T BE EASY TO DO EVERY TIME POLITICIANS RECOGNIZE SOMETHING WITH WHICH THEY CAN SCARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE INTO GIVING THEM MORE POWER.

READ THE FEDERALIST PAPERS IF YOU THINK I'M TRYING TO MISLEAD YOU. HEAR IT RIGHT FROM THE FOUNDERS' MOUTHS.

ssewellusmc

Jun 22nd 2015, 2:33:33

Are you saying you want the federal goverment to take more power from the states? I do believe we had a king who used to try to control guns and restrict access to weapons... how did that turn out for him?

ssewellusmc

Jun 22nd 2015, 2:38:21

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

ACTUALLY, NO. YOUR (MIS)UNDERSTANDING OF THE CONSTITUTION IS COMPLETELY BACKWARDS.

THE CONSTITUTION WAS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY TO BE DIFFICULT TO CHANGE - TO WITHSTAND THE WHIMS OF WHATEVER TEMPORARY FERVOR MAY LEAD PEOPLE TO WANT TO TRADE THE PROTECTIONS THE CONSTITUTION AFFORDS US FOR A FALSE PROMISE OF SECURITY.

THE AMENDMENT PROCESS SHOULD BE (AND IS) VERY DIFFICULT. YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT CHANGING THE BEDROCK UPON WHICH THE WHOLE SYSTEM WAS BUILT. THAT SHOULDN'T BE EASY TO DO EVERY TIME POLITICIANS RECOGNIZE SOMETHING WITH WHICH THEY CAN SCARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE INTO GIVING THEM MORE POWER.

READ THE FEDERALIST PAPERS IF YOU THINK I'M TRYING TO MISLEAD YOU. HEAR IT RIGHT FROM THE FOUNDERS' MOUTHS.

That would require him to read a document littered with pesky punctuation. He won't do it. Instead, expect some mindless, unpunctiated response based on his opponion.

I am pretty sure a staple of Blade's diet as a child was lead paint chips, glue, and gasoline.

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 2:47:33

Once an arse.... Always
Good job troll

farmer Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 3:52:25

heheh,I Guess if you are not an English major your posts your posts don't mean fluff.I see the grammar Nazis are out in full force. Blade even though i disagree with you post,I understand your frustration with how things are handled.The only people that are going to give up there guns in this country is the law abiding citizens,which leaves them unarmed and vulnerable to armed thugs.Point to ponder..... Why do you think the The Framers of the Constitution want the people armed?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2015, 5:35:55

Originally posted by Schilling:

Already on it. Just ate a chunk of one with a side of deep fried shrimp. They won't get me as long as I have propane!

ROFLMFAO
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 11:52:44

Yes farmer
I didn't post to have everyone agree with me, that's not possible .
Frustration? Of course it is. This goes on way too often and there is no solution.
That's a difficult thing to accept.
As for the constitution, yes it protected the new country from invaders . England was still hot against us , so we needed to be wary.
But that was a long time ago and we still hold onto that right to bear arms.
For what? What is the practical use?
We have a military force, we have a national guard, we have a police force.
And before someone comes on and starts screaming about the police killings and the military court martials , bring a viable solution.
It's apparent that people carrying guns is not working.

It is good tho that threads like this do bring discussion to an otherwise quiet forum.

Sov Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 13:56:09

elvesrus

Jun 22nd 2015, 14:09:20

the 2nd amendment is to protect us from the US government. not because england was still pissed off at us.

no I don't own a gun or plan on owning one.

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 15:07:45

Great link SOV

My wife's nephew just bought a M-15 a few weeks back.
Asked him what he's doing with it, says taking it to the range .
Yeah that's a practicle purchase.
😞

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 15:22:02

M-15?

more likely he bought an AR-15, or an M-4....

believe it or not, some people enjoy shooting. it is called a hobby. not too many hobbies involve piratical purchases. your ignorance and judgmental view of something you clearly dont understand nor are willing to understand is comical.

the 2nd amendment is to protect the from a tyrannical government through deterrance. From the local militias that were used as a type of national guard long ago to farmer Joe protecting his land, they were guaranteed the right to bear arms. Obviously the air of government overstepping its bounds was a bit more fresh in the colonists minds after the revolution.

It had less to do with the defense of the country as a whole. that is what the military is for.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 22nd 2015, 15:26:48
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:02:43

Trife Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:03:25

bonus pic that i saw when i did the google image search for the last picture:

http://www.owned.com/...ight_to_bear_arms_540.jpg

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:13:02

Of course ford
I should have realized by now that yours is the only opinion that matters.
Myself and the rest of society is ignorant if they have a different view.

What is there to understand?
You buy a gun and claim its for protection.
From who?
OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE GUNS!!!
Or it's your right.. Another great reason.
Yeah I can wrap my head around that real easy.

Your still not posting any solutions .

mrford Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 16:28:54

did you eve read what i said? Shooting is a hobby. It isnt "just for protection" if it was then i would only have 2 guns at most.

it is a hobby, just like fishing, or golf. SHooting is fun, cleaning the guns is theraputic, and it is a community of avid shooters that is just like any other hobby community. Stop seeing this in black and white. Guns have more uses than protection.

and the 2nd amendment part isnt an opinion. stop playing the victim here. no one is going to have pity on you. you have displayed little more than ignorance in this thread as commented on my people other than myself. I mean, an M-15!

You keep asking for solutions, but solutions to what? Violent people will be violent. Taking the guns away wont stop violence, it will just shift it. The vast majority of gun violence is with illegal weapons anyways. There are already laws in place to limit who can buy a gun. now if we could just get people to follow and enforce those lows instead of making new ones that have no hope of making any real difference.
Swagger of a Chupacabra