Verified:

TroyTiger Game profile

Jun 3rd 2015, 1:06:07

I would like a SO for tech not for an amount to say to buy up to a certain %. :)

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2015, 1:18:16

wheres the fun in that?

it's a nice idea but it would take some calculating to work out how much you needed, and what if your land increases, does it re-calculate or is it only calculated once when you put on the SO?

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 6th 2015, 1:41:51

lazy!
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Schilling Game profile

Jun 14th 2015, 17:44:21

Originally posted by Bug:
wheres the fun in that?

it's a nice idea but it would take some calculating to work out how much you needed, and what if your land increases, does it re-calculate or is it only calculated once when you put on the SO?

I'm guessing the current way it's done runs a query on $country_money after the SO is triggered, based on the fact you get a 'purchase of 0 for $0, canceled due to lack of funds' in the event you're out of cash.

You could do the same for tech % since the formula is built in already. As far as I know, there is no actual tech % field in the database, meaning there's no static tech percentage to compare it to. It's actually an on the fly calculation based on your gov_type, land, # of points, etc., then rendered on the page in % form. So, really, not much more work than is already being done. The SO would hang in there as long as there was cash or the % was less than the users purchase order.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 17th 2015, 17:39:40

it probably could be done, though it'd be a little more work, for sure
Finally did the signature thing.

midevil.chaos Game profile

Jun 22nd 2015, 2:33:13

Bug has a point. Assuming it would need to be adjusted, would also depend on the player. So, if a player wants only to buy up to 150% in relation to the current land he has, OR if his land increases and he would expect to buy more tech to compensate the land increase. All that adds more coding, unless qzjul decides on a clear cut idea...