FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 4:13:20

aggressive figure skating champions
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

drkprinc Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 5:23:30

guessing mrford cannot skate without two others holding him up and tying his legs together?
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Thunder Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 6:34:21

Or his inflatable pads on haha
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Oceana Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 10:52:54

And a good game too, Congrats Chicago

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2015, 13:28:42

Good series. Such a great playoffs!!!

My bracket finished 99th percentile. Top 10,000 globally. I only picked 2 series wrong :(
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 13:46:19

Originally posted by drkprinc:
guessing mrford cannot skate without two others holding him up and tying his legs together?

i played street hockey. some of us dont live in a place where water is frozen for 5 months.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2015, 14:03:59

Note: In Canada, very little hockey actually occurs on water that freezes by nature.

That's why we have arenas :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 14:21:05

arenas that cost to use. who spends money on hockey leagues when there are basketball, baseball, and soccer leagues too!

hockey also isnt exactly a cheap sport equipment wise either if you are playing with proper fluff in an arena.

im talking neighborhood puck here, not little tykes on skates where the parents care more than the kids.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2015, 14:31:04

Spoiler alert: we have those other sports too. I played them -- my parents wouldn't shell out the $$ or time for hockey.

But I still went to the arena to skate, schools took classes to skate, we played ice hockey in school for gym class. Used skates run you $20-30 (I got a decent pair for $30 a few years ago!).

The narrative that hockey is full of kids who are there so their parents can live vicariously through them is generally incorrect; most parents are there because they need to be to support their kid and would rather be asleep. Practice usually starts at 6.

It's like saying everyone who plays football in North Carolina only does it because their parents force them into it.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 14:37:57

You completely missed my point. I was talking about the difference between organised sport and neighborhood sport in general, not saying hockey was the only sport where the parents live through their kids.... thought that to be pretty apparent. You are the one who brought up arenas and said people rarely use ponds like the other sports can use fields for street ball.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 16th 2015, 14:41:57
Swagger of a Chupacabra

arthog Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 15:47:38

the vote is 7

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2015, 16:34:04

arenas are around for pickup games.... you just need to book them :)

also, rollerblades? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 16:47:01

Make fun of rollerblades all you want. Getting checked into 150 degree asphalt hurts a bit more than ice. It is also a bit different on the stopping. Believe it or not I played ice hockey for 2 years at the local mall. Still prefered street puck.

You don't need to book a cul-de-sac. Just 2 pair of shoes for goals and a lookout for cars.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 17:28:12

Best part was Tampa on a power play , pulled their goalie and still couldn't score๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Trife Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 17:49:38

Originally posted by mrford:
aggressive figure skating champions

^^^^^

slip Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 20:13:03

Pang, hockey is significantly cheaper in Canada. It also varies in the states. Ice time in Seattle is ridiculous compared to Chicago. I can only imagine what N/S Carolina is like. Also, with a smaller player base, used equipment is harder to come by. The sport has also transitioned from a blue collared sport to a rich kid sport. I was right in the middle of the transition in the 90s. MrFord is not getting skates for 30 bucks in North Carolina.

There's a dude on the ducks thats a roller blader. Some of the best dudes I've played with have a roller blading background. Stick work is usually legit.

im actually anti pulling the goalie on power play. The team on the PK can take a shot at the empty net with no risk of icing. But they were down by 2, so i get it.

I rambled. still pretty amped from last night.

Love that some my favorite Whaler got a Cup (dineen).

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2015, 20:20:17

I'm not anti-roller blade. Ford's just misconstruing my posts I guess... :p
I roller bladed far more than I skated, esp. playing hockey.

Also, sounds like North Carolina is more backwards than I thought. Point for South Carolina.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2015, 20:23:49

Also, I agree with the call to pull the goalie while on the PP down by 1/2 goals in the last few minutes in pretty much any playoff game, esp. elimination games.

IMO free shots at the net without icing aren't a good enough reason; when it's 6 on 4 and you're playing for your season you should dominate possession to the point it would be very difficult for the opponent to fire off a 200 foot goal. if you can't control the play for that time period, you deserve to lose :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 20:37:07

North Carolina has a Stanley Cup, even though no one around there cares about your aggressive figure skating. I was even at that game 7.

think about that one.

also, not sure where you get a point for SC over NC from slips post. south carolina is one of the flufftiest states in the union at everything other than having a commercial beach. they also dont have a single professional sports team other than minor league ones.

death to south carolina. NC4LYFE

Edited By: mrford on Jun 16th 2015, 20:39:34
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 23:29:21

normally i'd say NC>SC

but SC has boiled peanuts, so they're both equal

equally sucky

#virginiaisforlovers

Selfie

Jun 17th 2015, 0:01:46

Blackhawks are racist.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 17th 2015, 2:32:03

south carolina is one of the flufftiest states in the union at everything other than having a commercial beach.

sounds like you're kind of bitter about their commercial beach situation.

also, you're welcome for all the Canadians who came down and won that cup for you back in 06.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 2:34:41

Originally posted by Trife:
normally i'd say NC>SC

equally sucky

#virginiaisforlovers

NC has boiled peanuts too though? the cajun ones at Wilcos are the fluff

and im not bitter about myrtle beach, i just think it is highly overrated. I also dont understand why so many people from Ohio go to Myrtle Beach. Seriously, the Ohio tags outnumbered the SC ones at times. Weird.

I went every year as a child. the only thing that made that 4 hour ride fun was stopping for peaches in McBee.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 17th 2015, 2:35:29

what, you don't like mini golf and fried food?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 2:37:14

and overcrowded beaches and piers? naw. im not a big fan.

not to mention the shell line at Myrtle Beach was brutal.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BladeEWG Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 2:57:17

Originally posted by Trife:
normally i'd say NC>SC

equally sucky

#virginiaisforlovers

NC has boiled peanuts too though? the cajun ones at Wilcos are the fluff

and im not bitter about myrtle beach, i just think it is highly overrated. I also dont understand why so many people from Ohio go to Myrtle Beach. Seriously, the Ohio tags outnumbered the SC ones at times. Weird.

I went every year as a child. the only thing that made that 4 hour ride fun was stopping for peaches in McBee.

Really ford?
What's not to understand? If you lived in Ohio wouldn't you want to go anywhere else also?
๐Ÿ˜›

mrford Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 3:06:37

yeah, but it is 11 hours from Cleveland....

11 hours to go to Myrtle Beach. that is depressing.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 3:08:49

<coolstorybro>

one time on my way up to michigan to visit a friend i stopped at a gas station in WV real close to the the ohio border. had to use the restroom, and there was a condom machine on the wall, and it had condom marked out and replaced with 'ohio bubblegum'

the end

</coolstorybro>