Verified:

Nerrus Game profile

May 29th 2015, 13:00:03

From the games I have played in the past i.e Utopia & Elveron; our militaries could not excede the total population available or no more then 50% of our total population available. I feel by implementing the same here it would really shake things up and change the dynamics of the game for the better.

Edited By: Nerrus on May 29th 2015, 13:17:13
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Schilling Game profile

May 29th 2015, 13:35:00

I like it.

Marshal Game profile

May 29th 2015, 14:04:25

commies could get into troubles.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

braden Game profile

May 29th 2015, 14:05:56

no more destocking!

Nerrus Game profile

May 29th 2015, 14:08:03

Originally posted by Marshal:
commies could get into troubles.

How so Marshal?
^..^ Surren ^..^

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 29th 2015, 15:32:27

it'd definitely be different; could make an experimental server with experimental rules heh
Finally did the signature thing.

Nerrus Game profile

May 29th 2015, 16:36:24

My reasoning was there are no countries in the world that have more military personnel then its population.

North Korea has a population off almost 25M, but an active military personnel of almost 1.3M.
Israel has a population of almost 9M, but with an active military personnel of almost 200K.

This is not an ideal comparison but it gives us an idea on how to base the game when military is tied to our population.
^..^ Surren ^..^

SwedishViper Game profile

May 29th 2015, 16:55:49

Then again, it would just make sense to apply this to Troops, as a country can always produce more tanks/jets/turrets than there is military personnel :)
----------------------------------------------------
OVERLORD 4 Life

Nerrus Game profile

May 29th 2015, 17:19:01

Originally posted by SwedishViper:
Then again, it would just make sense to apply this to Troops, as a country can always produce more tanks/jets/turrets than there is military personnel :)

You can produce as many Tanks/Turrets/Jets, but you still need military personnel to operate Tanks/Jets/Turrets... so basically your population limits your useable military as well.

Edited By: Nerrus on May 29th 2015, 17:22:36
^..^ Surren ^..^

SwedishViper Game profile

May 29th 2015, 17:24:15

No need if just selling it, which I assume braden was thinking of regarding Commies.
----------------------------------------------------
OVERLORD 4 Life

braden Game profile

May 29th 2015, 17:44:50

i have been called many things. marshal, however, is a first.

Frybert Game profile

May 29th 2015, 17:51:16

Originally posted by Nerrus:
Originally posted by SwedishViper:

You can produce as many Tanks/Turrets/Jets, but you still need military personnel to operate Tanks/Jets/Turrets... so basically your population limits your useable military as well.

One word: Skynet.

Nerrus Game profile

May 29th 2015, 18:02:28

One choice is making Military size inverse of Population size, since Military personnel comes from your population.

If your population is low though, then your tax/production base drops because you have less working people to tax or produce goods.

If your population is low then your birth rate drops, so Med tech can be used to increase the birth rate though. In fact Med would be also usefull to decrease civilian/military casualty rates.

@Frybert: Skynet does not need Food... Humans do. Even with Robots you will still need military personnel.

PS:Would be cool though if the qzjul's Bots behaved like Skynet, then we can have a server where its Humans vs Bots

Edited By: Nerrus on May 29th 2015, 19:31:52
^..^ Surren ^..^

braden Game profile

May 29th 2015, 18:45:17

my country has the technologu where one operator, with use of a computer, can control my jets (read drones), tanks snd turrets.

also, troops? meh, i often die in wars.. :(

Cave Johnson

May 29th 2015, 19:04:26

Marshal Game profile

May 29th 2015, 19:16:08

How so Marshal?

1st of all they wouldn't be selling that much military as they do now and that way not getting mucho money.

even if country could have fluffload military but could only man part of those (let's say 40k) and only those would be effective in defense/attack and if country gets gs/br'd to low pop then that player can man only low amount until gets pop back and until then would be very vulnerable.

Nerrus Game profile

May 29th 2015, 19:19:08

Originally posted by braden:
my country has the technologu where one operator, with use of a computer, can control my jets (read drones), tanks snd turrets.

Realistically, how many drones can a one human operator with the use of a computer control?
^..^ Surren ^..^

Nerrus Game profile

May 29th 2015, 19:29:51

Originally posted by Marshal:

How so Marshal?

1st of all they wouldn't be selling that much military as they do now and that way not getting mucho money.

even if country could have fluffload military but could only man part of those (let's say 40k) and only those would be effective in defense/attack and if country gets gs/br'd to low pop then that player can man only low amount until gets pop back and until then would be very vulnerable.

Gov bonuses, IC production, unit/tech cost can be tweaked; plus smaller military means you would need less money to buy/maintain them.

Medical Technology/Facilities can help decrease pop casualty rates or help pop recover faster.

Edited By: Nerrus on May 29th 2015, 19:33:28
^..^ Surren ^..^

Marshal Game profile

May 29th 2015, 19:44:42

yea everything can be tweaked and that way rest of govts would get screwed.

it would be quite a big overhaul to change everything.

retalling bigger country could be problematic, country with 50k pop and ~140% weap attacks country with sub 20k pop (and 140% weap) so defender would have no way to retal attacker.

braden Game profile

May 29th 2015, 23:43:31

Originally posted by braden:

Realistically, how many drones can a one human operator with the use of a computer control?

i don't know, lets ask rd how many single computers could dominate the game for seventeen years? (one?)
my calculator counts better than i can.. i'd imagine any other software might, i don't know, also streamline such effectiveness?

elvesrus

May 31st 2015, 9:30:33

one word: mercenaries
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrford Game profile

May 31st 2015, 10:32:46

So this guy wants to turn rep amd demo cashers into breakers, lol. I like it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Bug Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 3rd 2015, 2:01:37

everyones mentioned it, but in RL there is going to be less people on the ground and more AI doing things, we playing countries are just the AI, and population is more for home based operations not for "grunts"