Verified:

BadFish Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 4:14:25

is it just me or did we the players just totally run this game into the ground. i started playin this game prolly around 12 years ago when it was on gamerstown or solaria.net cant remember which came first. back then it was a lot more fun. there was no such thing as "topfeeding" or "bottomfeeding, or any of this other BS that goes on today that makes this game stale. what ever happened to just land grabbing. what do u expect is gonna happen if u run all jetters and no defense. we have created to many bogus "rules" that have destroyed this game. this is a game of warring. if u wanna net thats cool but have the tools to defend yourselves. another thing why have so many different games. back then from what i recall all we had was 1a, 1b, and tourny. too many versions spread the players out too much and less fun. we have no one but ourselves to blame for this games loss in interest. just my opinion.

Edited By: BadFish on Sep 11th 2010, 4:54:32
See Original Post
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2010, 4:19:39

Well back then we had several thousand more players, this solves many of the problems we have today.

I do agree there are too many different versions of the game and feel as if there should be 3: Primary, Alliance, and Tournament.

TAN Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 4:22:41

i opened this thread expecting:

"are you a Bad Fish too?"

i am disappointed.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Detmer Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 4:26:19

PDM stands for everything that your post does as far as political regulation of the alliance game. PDM will always have fun because we will not let the stale gameplay atmosphere fetter us.

BadFish Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 4:26:30

on another note id like to say this has been the best set ive played in a while. the little land tradeing we had with fist brought back memories of how this game should be. LGing and retaling till we piss each other and declare war. thats how this game should be. i actually would like to give props to fist for the fun this set. wish we coulda finished our war out 1 on 1 but that didnt happen. EEVIL knows where we stand.

Edited By: BadFish on Sep 11th 2010, 4:53:10
See Original Post
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 11th 2010, 5:41:38

I would tend to agree with you on the first post; though i'm not 100% sure about how to avoid that, short of magically getting 10k players (we're working on that one, but it's tricky ;)

WRT the "Too many versions of the game" bit... I tend to feel that myself sometimes except that all of them tend to have a good reason for existence:

Primary -- obviously individual long set;
Alliance -- obivously... alliances

Tourney -- faster paced individual ladder; tourney was well liked by many players in the old game (me even, though i didn't play it much) and seemed like it should exist again.

Express -- i really like the express idea, and i think express players do too; it's much quicker turn around, high intensity playing... totally different; also, almost everybody playing express plays another server...

FFA -- This one is mainly due to the previous existence of FFA, and the fact that there has been a genuine demand for it since it closed, and was one of the things that people (former FFAers) really were asking for when we created the game. Over half of FFAers play Alliance, and 2/3 of FFAers play some other non-FFA server.

(by contrast, 2/3 of Alliance players only play alliance)

Team -- Team was supposed to be something different than what it has been evolving into. We have a couple of good ideas developing for fixing this. Also, almost everybody playing team plays another server.

I think they all have their merits... and while it seems like it may be spiltting the user base a little, there isn't toooo much
Finally did the signature thing.

Pain Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 6:30:21

FFA is the whole reason i came back to this game. thats the server i started with when i found the game 10-11 years ago.
Your mother is a nice woman

Dhu Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 6:42:27

I agree with Badfish, the game was more fun before big alliances started with topfeed rules. I still don't understand this crappy rules.
Dhu,
The Fist of Odin

Yamaha Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 6:45:28

It's pretty easy Dhu,
If you attack anybody that isn't exactly your networth and land then you are wrong and will be punished harshly.
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

Pain Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 6:50:17

well it might have gotten out of hand but "topfeeding" and L:L retals for it has been around since pre swirve. it just wasnt as extreme then.
Your mother is a nice woman

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 11th 2010, 7:03:40

Heh... i just did some fancy stats... almost nobody *just* plays express; of people who play express, more people play ALL 6 servers than any other combination of servers.
Finally did the signature thing.

Dhu Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 7:23:22

I understand that Yamaha but I don't understand why some people has invented this stupid thing.

Hello, I'm 3 MNW and 35 000 acres. I cannot protect my acres but my alliance will take all the land back if you grab me.

Dhu,
The Fist of Odin

Loafer Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 7:24:56

solaria->echelon->swirve

afaik, the game was never on gamerstown?

As for rules making the game stale, rules have developed over a long, long time. There used to be no rules at all, and there used to be even more rules. But fact remains, if you can enforce it you can play by it.

There's no point making a rule that others wont accept. Unless, of course, you can make them accept it :)

Loafer Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 7:27:52

So, what's your deterrance if another alliance doesn't accept your LG rules Yamaha? Would you war over 1 grab or retals for the retals?

Marshal Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 17:22:12

Originally posted by Loafer:
solaria->echelon->swirve

afaik, the game was never on gamerstown?

gamerstown etc were just hosting sites for alliances.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Ron Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 18:29:14

actually i thought we just had many more multies back in the old days..

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2010, 19:18:58

Originally posted by qzjul:
I would tend to agree with you on the first post; though i'm not 100% sure about how to avoid that, short of magically getting 10k players (we're working on that one, but it's tricky ;)

WRT the "Too many versions of the game" bit... I tend to feel that myself sometimes except that all of them tend to have a good reason for existence:

Primary -- obviously individual long set;
Alliance -- obivously... alliances

Tourney -- faster paced individual ladder; tourney was well liked by many players in the old game (me even, though i didn't play it much) and seemed like it should exist again.

Express -- i really like the express idea, and i think express players do too; it's much quicker turn around, high intensity playing... totally different; also, almost everybody playing express plays another server...

FFA -- This one is mainly due to the previous existence of FFA, and the fact that there has been a genuine demand for it since it closed, and was one of the things that people (former FFAers) really were asking for when we created the game. Over half of FFAers play Alliance, and 2/3 of FFAers play some other non-FFA server.

(by contrast, 2/3 of Alliance players only play alliance)

Team -- Team was supposed to be something different than what it has been evolving into. We have a couple of good ideas developing for fixing this. Also, almost everybody playing team plays another server.

I think they all have their merits... and while it seems like it may be spiltting the user base a little, there isn't toooo much

Understandable... For me personally I feel as if Alliance is my main game and all others are just jack around (non serious) games that I play if I have extra free time. I believe that most players are the same (either Alliance or FFA) are the two core groups of players that make up the active community. Although to be honest I'm not sure about primary, but hopefully we have some new people floating around there?

I just like to keep it simple.

One game type that I absolutely LOVED back in the day was the random servers. You remember they were like C-Z where it was basically a primary game but with fewer countries per game (like 150 to 200 if I can remember).

BadFish Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 22:17:41

i coulda sworn there was something b4 solaria.... idk i smoked a whole lot of pot between then and now
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2010, 22:20:11

Umm from my earliest memories it was solaria, but that has been so many years ago...

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Sep 11th 2010, 22:21:26

BadFish you can always join Fist ;)
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Kyatoru Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 1:37:58

BREnet dialup bbs.

solaria, echelon, swirve
+Kya

Jelly

Sep 12th 2010, 1:42:22

you all missed eesite

Thomas Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 1:45:26

Originally posted by BadFish:
there was no such thing as "topfeeding" or "bottomfeeding, or any of this other BS that goes on today that makes this game stale.

Which is why we enforce 1:1 and not L:L :)

BadFish Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 2:11:41

thanks for the offer Pontius but i couldnt see myself haveing to call in 60 member alliance to save me from being destroyed in war. not my cup of tea. and thomas...... u r the 60 member alliance to take on a 12 member alliance. wow just wow. lets keep this thread on topic thanks
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Thomas Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 2:26:47

You have to be one of the biggest cry babies I've seen on these boards in a while. Nearly every post has you whining about a 60 member alliance hitting you guys.

Go cry elsewhere, nobody cares.

Kyatoru Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 4:19:00

Jelly, eesite is Echelon.
+Kya

Deerhunter Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 4:21:25

Back then there was more players but also more multies. I do agree there should only be a few but i think Alliance, turney, and express. I know many would argue express is not a good one to have but i think the wild west aspect of it is too much fun to ignore. Also, no one gets hurt too bad if their set is ruined being its only a 3 day server. And i know some of you will try to flame me but i am netting there not being crazy.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Loafer Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 8:21:33

Originally posted by Thomas:
You have to be one of the biggest cry babies I've seen on these boards in a while. Nearly every post has you whining about a 60 member alliance hitting you guys.

Go cry elsewhere, nobody cares.

I care fish, I care!

Collab are confusing, why do they have members and why are said members hitting things? and 60 is such an even number, something is clearly fishy (zomg, it's fishy!)

BadFish Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 14:33:30

difference between stateing faqs and crying thomas. karma will come ur guys way. thomas is the #1 name in the homosexual community..... at least thats what spawn told me
BadFish
Are You A BadFish Too ?
EoS-IX

Shinigami Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 16:56:32

I'd point two fingers. One at us players, one at the historical (pre-ee, of course) lack of active development. We created policies to help stagnate a game that was already stagnating developmentally.

spawn Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 16:59:27

lol

i dont talk to you anymore, so i doubt i told you that
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Marshal Game profile

Sep 12th 2010, 18:08:39

http://www.solariagames.com (dunno if had other name than Solaria or Solarigames)

http://www.eesite.com (Echelon Entertainment)

http://www.swirve.com (Swirve)
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....