Verified:

juice Game profile

May 5th 2015, 22:53:24

I gave it a go, but it's time for me to leave. When I came back last year, there was a lot of hate going on, but there was change being worked on too. Unfortunately, that change didn't actually happen.

Back in 2001, one of the best things about this game was being able to stonewall. That's impossible now and clearly, it's not being worked on.

I enjoyed war, even when it was a slaughter against me, because I knew I'd have a chance to get back at someone the next set. Not so now. This game is geared heavily towards netting and a large active clan. Unfortunately, most of the players in the game aren't so active.

The most fun I used to have was hanging out in the chatrooms all day and night. Now, i can spend several days and never see anyone talking.

So, it's time for me to move on. Maybe I'll give it another go if you ever make an app, with some graphics, something that would actually entice new players to stick around. Sorry, I cannot help, as I'm not a graphics person, or I would have offered.

To some of you...it's been fun. I wish you the best. To others, suck it. I'll still hang out in IRC for a while, if anyone does want to chat.

I'm not sure who will take over as the new Rage Pres, but FDF and Garry Owen will be the main contacts for now.

mrford Game profile

May 5th 2015, 22:57:18

but when you die your restart isnt from scratch, and you can get back in the fight faster.

this isnt a sandbox. countries have always died, and the good players killed fast. the core left are mostly experienced hitters. you arnt going to be able to slow down kills unless you make a massive change to the way atacking works.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Vamps Game profile

May 5th 2015, 23:49:32

Originally posted by juice:

The most fun I used to have was hanging out in the chatrooms all day and night. Now, i can spend several days and never see anyone talking.

You must not be in the right chat rooms =D

BladeEWG Game profile

May 6th 2015, 0:25:11

:(

Atryn Game profile

May 6th 2015, 0:28:12

Originally posted by Vamps:

You must not be in the right chat rooms =D

^^^ this

mrcuban Game profile

May 6th 2015, 1:02:56

:( agreed.

Vic Game profile

May 6th 2015, 3:47:35

I gave it a go, but it's time for me to leave. When I came back last year, there was a lot of hate going on, but there was change being worked on too. Unfortunately, that change didn't actually happen.

Back in 2001, one of the best things about this game was being able to stonewall. That's impossible now and clearly, it's not being worked on.

I enjoyed war, even when it was a slaughter against me, because I knew I'd have a chance to get back at someone the next set. Not so now. This game is geared heavily towards netting and a large active clan. Unfortunately, most of the players in the game aren't so active.

So, it's time for me to move on. Maybe I'll give it another go if you ever make an app, with some graphics, something that would actually entice new players to stick around. Sorry, I cannot help, as I'm not a graphics person, or I would have offered.

To some of you...it's been fun. I wish you the best. To others, suck it. I'll still hang out in IRC for a while, if anyone does want to chat.

I'm not sure who will take over as the new Rage Pres, but FDF and Garry Owen will be the main contacts for now.

lol juice, gl with everything man. not sure what you're looking for though - you first are (bandwagon :p) ranting about stonewalling and then you say you'd come back if earth got graphics. sounds like you just need a few months off :p
gl

timmie Game profile

May 6th 2015, 4:24:47

The core of his issue is the community is gone. He would overlook the poor gameplay, poor graphics etc for the thriving community that used to wrap around the game. It is the only thing keeping this game alive and ita during rapidly.

Something needs to be done. It would be a waste to see this game after so long just become memories and an archive somewhere of those memories.

Xninja Game profile

May 6th 2015, 6:30:45

So... I'm not the only one...
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Untagged Hunter

May 6th 2015, 14:08:58

Another cry baby. Need more tissue? Join omega if you're a fluff cat

Alin Game profile

May 6th 2015, 14:20:29

well the chats i`ve been into were always fun. No matter the war i always have Akula, Suncrusher, Rlenga or Suni to make fun with or of.

Time to time Boltard pumps in and i didn`t try anything funky with Vamps in order not to scare him off :P. And now i have a new addition to the WC - the king of the useless kingdom, Marshal .

So no the warchats were always fun. Regarding walling you guys have a point. Not sure what can be done but the best thing i am thinking of is for us to change the war tactics.

IT is true the countries die to fast. But you also have a restart bonus. And if you disable half or more of the oponents breaking power, your countries will not die that fast anymore.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

May 6th 2015, 14:47:57

restart bonuses should be inverted

such a dumb system now where the better you wall the more you get back

it should be the opposite

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2015, 14:54:23

That is the dumbest post I have read in a while....

You want to punish people for walling?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Untagged Hunter

May 6th 2015, 15:06:27

Originally posted by enshula:
restart bonuses should be inverted

such a dumb system now where the better you wall the more you get back

it should be the opposite

STFU and think before you post

davidoss Game profile

May 6th 2015, 15:06:44

Juice, the left the game for a while for the very same reasons. It's a shame that what was meant to be a pre-arranged war has ended up panning out like this with dirty tactics employed. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours mate. Swing by IRC from time to time. :)

Take care.

Raging Budda Game profile

May 6th 2015, 16:22:10

Half the reason I play is community as well, got a good bunch in CC [FFA] that I usually chat with alomsrt every day. Even in SoL, there are a few times a week during non-war times a few of us get into chat. Community is still there, just a bit harder to find with the game having shrunk so much.

As for the dirty tactics, simply not the case. I am sure the situation will be explained a bit later.
Your base is mine!

mdevol Game profile

May 6th 2015, 17:25:24

It's a shame that before even consulting with the offending parties he rage quit and started spreading false accusations about them.

Then upon getting a full explanation and me accepting the blame for the misunderstanding and asking how things could be made right, he continued his tantrum and refused to offer a possible solution stating it couldn't be made right.

Look there were mistakes made and owned up to, not dirty tactics. I offered to make it right, something even SoF leadership will say I am accountable for, and you told me to fluff off. I don't have much sympathy.

The community is what you make of it man. Our chat rooms have been full all reset, and busy even between warchats, if yours aren't, perhaps you need to change things up, or hang out with your allies. I know having a 10 member quasi netting/warring tag isn't easy to keep busy in irc, gotta find things to keep together.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mrford Game profile

May 6th 2015, 17:48:11

one time i kicked Juice from #sofwar for talking fluff about target selection and strategy, infront of members. (i wasnt the one selecting the targets) he threw a massive tantrum and said he wouldnt hit with SoF anymore and started fluffting all over the place. it was funny

he usually calms down in a week. give him time.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Atryn Game profile

May 6th 2015, 19:15:44

Originally posted by davidoss:
It's a shame that what was meant to be a pre-arranged war has ended up panning out like this with dirty tactics employed.

From what I have seen the timing rules and who-was-hitting-who-when changed more times than Xyle's interpretations of history. I'll let the leaders speak for and handle our mistakes.

But LaF using the protection period to intra-farm 42k acres worth of land was a far more "intentional" tactic to give themselves an advantage in the war, IMHO... Whether that qualifies as "dirty" is apparently up for interpretation - but it wasn't a mistake.

XiQter

May 6th 2015, 19:17:46

█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄██████████████▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████░░▀█████████████▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄██▄░▀░░░░▀▄▀████▀████████▄░░░
░░░░░░░██░░░░███░░░░░▀░░░░▀███████▄░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░██████░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░▀▄░░▀█████░░
░░░░░▄█░░░░███▄▄░░█▄▀█████▄▄░░█████░░
░░░░░█░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░▀▀▀░░▀▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀███░░
░░░░░█░░░▄▀▀░▄█▀░░░▀█▄▄░▀▀█▄▀█▄░█▀█░░
░░░░░▀█░██▄▄░░▀▄░░▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█░░░▄▀░░
░░░░░░█░███▄▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀░█▄▄██▀▄▀░░░█░░░░
░░░░░░█░██████▀█████▀▀█░░▄█░░░░█░░░░░
░░▄░░░█░░█▀███░█░░█░░▄██▀░░▄░▄▀░░░░░░
█████░█▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▄░░▄▄▀█▄░░░░░░░
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░███▄░░░░░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░░█░▄██████▄░░
░░░░░░░░▄█▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░▀░▄██████████
░░░░░▄▄███░░░▄░░░░░░▄▀░░░░███████████
█████████████████████████████████████
(thats a trollface on a white background!)

Edited By: XiQter on May 6th 2015, 19:20:10
See Original Post

Atryn Game profile

May 6th 2015, 19:58:44

That hurts my eyes.

Trife Game profile

May 6th 2015, 20:03:44

looks like trollface had a stroke or four

Trife Game profile

May 6th 2015, 20:04:41

Originally posted by Atryn:
changed more times than Xyle's interpretations of history.

lol must be a lot then :)

on another note: it seems to me that rage seems to have problems with arranged wars.

Don TOB Game profile

May 6th 2015, 22:05:21

cya around juice have fun with the try dropping in to lafwar every now and then bud will miss u bud

juice Game profile

May 7th 2015, 2:42:54

Originally posted by mdevol:
It's a shame that before even consulting with the offending parties he rage quit and started spreading false accusations about them.

Then upon getting a full explanation and me accepting the blame for the misunderstanding and asking how things could be made right, he continued his tantrum and refused to offer a possible solution stating it couldn't be made right.

Look there were mistakes made and owned up to, not dirty tactics. I offered to make it right, something even SoF leadership will say I am accountable for, and you told me to fluff off. I don't have much sympathy.

The community is what you make of it man. Our chat rooms have been full all reset, and busy even between warchats, if yours aren't, perhaps you need to change things up, or hang out with your allies. I know having a 10 member quasi netting/warring tag isn't easy to keep busy in irc, gotta find things to keep together.

ok, let's clear this one up. The original terms were LaF vs MD. One of these two clans would get the FS. ALL other clans were supposed to wait for 24 hours before entering the war. They would all be given up to 72 hours after the original FS before they were open to being hit.

This changed because MD was so small compared to LaF. LaF allowed SoL and Stones to come in immediately (not have to wait the 24 hours).

You decided to hit Rage a day early. Then you asked why some of us had no defense. Because we were under protection of the terms of this war and the pacts we signed. We didn't need defense.

Sure, you asked if you could do something to fix it. How the fluff do you think you can fix it? You can't give us back the 3 countries you killed. And I don't see anything that would be comparable.

Furthermore, this is the second time that SoL screwed Rage in an arranged "friendly" war. I tried to let the first time go, under the premise that it truly was a miscommunication. And I still believe this could be true. But this second time...no. There is no way that I can believe this was due to bad communication. It just seems like a tactic to give yourself an advantage.

Originally posted by mrford:
one time i kicked Juice from #sofwar for talking fluff about target selection and strategy, infront of members. (i wasnt the one selecting the targets) he threw a massive tantrum and said he wouldnt hit with SoF anymore and started fluffting all over the place. it was funny

he usually calms down in a week. give him time.

The target selection was massively sad during that war. And you should never kick a player from the chat for voicing their displeasure. I was not a leader at that time. And I wasn't the one who started that particular conversation. I just added my thoughts. I believe you even admitted to me that you were having a bad night and you apologized for kicking me.

mrford Game profile

May 7th 2015, 4:23:28

I said I was sorry so you stopped throwing a fluff fest and your clan leaders stopped PMing me. I had more important things to do, like fight a war, not fluffty allies. You were talking fluff in our war room, any other legit leader would have done the same. We do not tolerate loud mouth nubs yapping against leaders in a losing war in a large war room with allies and members present. You were asked to stop and you didnt. When you were kicked you threw a hiss fit like this one and refused to hit any more and blamed me because I was the one to shut you up. You handled that just as poorly as you handled this, it is a pattern of behavior apparently.

You are a baby. You rage quit, or should i say threaten to rage quit, whenever you don't get your way or things don't go your way. It is almost as predictable and impressive as your constant misinterpretation of events and facts. Don't let the door hit you on your way out, but we both know you arnt really quitting, you just had to yell and make a scene because you didn't get your way.

Edited By: mrford on May 7th 2015, 4:32:38
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Untagged Hunter

May 7th 2015, 5:10:02

I like Ford, he speaks the truth

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2015, 9:45:02

On a different note, because I've seen this a couple of times:

What's the difference between quiting and rage quiting? Because, it seems like the two almost always come in a pair.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

davidoss Game profile

May 7th 2015, 10:49:29

You could argue that Juice is from RAGE, and hence if he's quitting, he's RAGE quitting. :P

Btw, I'm referring to other dirty tactics. But there's no point getting into it on AT, especially seeing as the game is dying, and it serves absolutely no purpose to dwell on it. Steps will be taken accordingly.

aponic Game profile

May 7th 2015, 11:36:30

Regarding Juice's comment about SOL making things even:

There is a simple way to do it. If you lost 3 countries, SOL can just have 3 members self delete and then restart from nothing.

Problem solved.
SOF
Cerevisi

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 7th 2015, 12:31:03

if I had a nickel for every time someone said the game is dying.... we'd have more money than we actually have from running the game. :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

TAN Game profile

May 7th 2015, 12:39:56

The game is dying...
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2015, 14:56:22

he's right.

game is dying.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Atryn Game profile

May 7th 2015, 14:58:41

Originally posted by davidoss:
Btw, I'm referring to other dirty tactics. But there's no point getting into it on AT.

Awwwwww..... but if you don't get into it on AT I might never hear about it. :(

juice Game profile

May 8th 2015, 2:09:38

ford,

You've never seen me threaten to quit before, because I've never done it.

When I threatened to not hit, during that war, that was because we were using your chatroom for the war and you kicked me. And I followed through with my "threat" to not be part of that war anymore, until you apologized for kicking me. Whether you meant it or not does not matter to me. You apologized in what seemed like a sincere manner. You can feel that you manipulated me all you want, but it does not matter.

As for this. This is not a threat either. I have no intention of playing anymore after this set. The game just is not fun for me anymore. I stated the reasons why. I have given this game 3 or 4 sets of trying different things, in an attempt to have fun, but none of them worked.

I have enjoyed the game, and the people, in the past. There are still some people I enjoy here, but it's just not worth it anymore.

aponic...that is an idea, but then you gotta go through all the trouble of figuring out who should self delete, and then hear the whining from both sides about whether those three were the right three, etc.

elvesrus

May 8th 2015, 2:36:36

you can lead a horse to water...
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Untagged Hunter

May 8th 2015, 3:24:47

good riddance

Untagged Hunter

May 8th 2015, 3:26:36

30 second is a long ass time to die with that many attackers. Quit crying for fluff sake. I seen an 8 seconds kr before and they didn't even whine. Man up and restart.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 8th 2015, 12:46:55

no need to pile on juice, he's welcome to his opinion. there are definitely issues with war mechanics that need to be worked out... we can discuss the severity/solution to them all day long.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

BladeEWG Game profile

May 8th 2015, 14:20:22

Self deletes would just be based on net worth is all.
Disregard anything else
Cr@p I'd self delete my own if that helps balance the books

justtaint

May 8th 2015, 22:22:41

His opinion doesn't mean fluff when he's deserted the alliances he was RUNNING in the middle of a war.
SlashMD

Riddler Game profile

May 9th 2015, 1:39:29

UntaggedHunteris a douche, just sayin

juice Game profile

May 11th 2015, 22:18:31

Originally posted by justtaint:
His opinion doesn't mean fluff when he's deserted the alliances he was RUNNING in the middle of a war.

The two things you listed here have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Secondly, I didn't desert anyone. I'm still here, for now, but planning to be completely done soon as this war is over, which it basically is, due in part to the broken war terms.

Hitting Rage prior to our FS was a low blow. We weren't ready to war. This is not whining. This is just simply stating the facts. If we were not in a planned war, I would have no problem with what happened. Then it would have been our own fault for running countries with no defense. But that was not the case here.

As for my opinion about game mechanics...well, apparently I'm not the only person who feels this way.

archaic Game profile

May 11th 2015, 23:42:21

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

drkprinc Game profile

May 12th 2015, 6:11:21

if was a 1 second rule or something inmplemented to how fast you can attack would make it a fun war challenge you would need multiple people hitting at once how it use to be not one person just holding enter until readiness is gone or country dead, even a new player cam spam attack and rush kill a veteran stonewaller
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Hawkster Game profile

May 12th 2015, 6:21:36

mrford

restarts coming back so strong seems at least to me part of the problem. What is point in killing them if they come back so strong, often times 2/3 of original?

IDK, have always been torn about that as I do see pro's of it as well. But still seems to add to problem too at same time.

Anyway, I did not partake in this war this set. My country is only Rage original left due to still being in protection mode under 100 turns. This set did not sound fun so did not play as I foreseen this happening. I was hoping to be proved wrong and sadly that did not happen. So I am glad I did not waste my time ... and yet really really sad.

TNTroXxor Game profile

May 12th 2015, 9:22:43

Finally some mud slingin ! Im starting to hate these non-toxic thread !

STFU APONIC till you watch GoT

FORD you big fluffin bully ! Just apologize for kicking him out of the sand box or TAN's gonna spank your ass

Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Donny Game profile

May 13th 2015, 16:26:04

fluffs
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

mrford Game profile

May 13th 2015, 16:30:09

Originally posted by Hawkster:
mrford

restarts coming back so strong seems at least to me part of the problem. What is point in killing them if they come back so strong, often times 2/3 of original?

IDK, have always been torn about that as I do see pro's of it as well. But still seems to add to problem too at same time.

Anyway, I did not partake in this war this set. My country is only Rage original left due to still being in protection mode under 100 turns. This set did not sound fun so did not play as I foreseen this happening. I was hoping to be proved wrong and sadly that did not happen. So I am glad I did not waste my time ... and yet really really sad.

Whay was this directed at me? Lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 13th 2015, 16:33:26

Originally posted by drkprinc:
if was a 1 second rule or something inmplemented to how fast you can attack would make it a fun war challenge you would need multiple people hitting at once how it use to be not one person just holding enter until readiness is gone or country dead, even a new player cam spam attack and rush kill a veteran stonewaller

And now the small tags are worthless in war! This game is nothing but tags getting smaller. Not exactly a good thing no?

The only thing that will change this is a paradigm shift in what waring in this game means, and the goal of it. This community is too old and stubborn for that change. Old dogs and new tricks. The only reason most play this is for the community and the memories of the good ole days.
Swagger of a Chupacabra