Verified:

mrford Game profile

May 11th 2015, 23:23:22

That is 5 weeks of football Brady will miss.

Pats also get fined $1mill (the largest in the history of the NFL for a team) and they lose 2 draft picks, a first in 2016 and fourth rounder in 2017 i believe.

Wanna disprove that with some physics vic?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

justtaint

May 11th 2015, 23:25:27

Patriots would do that every time for a chance at the Super Bowl.
SlashMD

archaic Game profile

May 11th 2015, 23:44:13

As if they needed deflated footballs to roflstomp the Colts. Brady's ultimate revenge on Gaydell would be to retire and take his TV ratings home with him.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

BUTTMAN Game profile

May 12th 2015, 0:00:50

Originally posted by archaic:
As if they needed deflated footballs to roflstomp the Colts. Brady's ultimate revenge on Gaydell would be to retire and take his TV ratings home with him.

It will be cool if for the season opener on Thursday night the pats refuse to raise the banner, and then do it after Brady serves his suspension.

Pats/Brady got crushed in this. Lesson learned, NFL.. Beating women is cool, but maybe(probably) having knowledge of some under inflated football's won't be tolerated.

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 0:28:24

Beating women is cool?

I seem to remember Greg Hardy basically being given a 27 game suspension for what amounts to being accused.

Quit dealing in absolutes and acting like they are comparable. They cheated, in the playoffs. And got caught.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

BUTTMAN Game profile

May 12th 2015, 0:34:41

What did Ray rice get? Honest question, on mobile. Dont think it was 4 games though? Either way, pats haters rejoice! Until you have to face then in January.

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 1:17:48

The orignal 2 game suspension punishment was changed when new details emerged and he was suspended indefinately. The players association appealed that as double jeapordy. There was a he said she said about what was disclosed at what point. The NFL then made guidelines regarding future cases and set punishments. Ray Rice won an appeal with an independent arbitrator and has his suspension lifted. He missed a year. Not sure if he has a team.

Stop being ignorant. I agree the NFL has been all over the place for domestic violence but using that as ammo in this case is stupid as fluff. Period. This is cheating on an organisational level. Look at the falcons and the sound piping for comparison. Not ray rice.

Edited By: mrford on May 12th 2015, 1:29:13
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

May 12th 2015, 2:08:25

I guess being called ignorant is fair, as I am simply a casual(rabid) fan of my hometown team. With that said, Tom Brady is a fluffing legend and this doesn't, in my mind, tarnish his accomplishments, not my enthusiasm for the patriots.

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 2:16:53

So cheating doesn't tarnish accomplishments? Lance Armstrong? Barry Bonds? Alex Rodriguez? The pats have been busted 2x. Funny that the first ring they get since Spy Gate is tarnished by this. Weird huh?

Regardless, all teams look for advantages. Not all teams act like elite picks like the Patriots when they are caught. That is my issue.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

HavocMD

May 12th 2015, 2:25:07

*Does double take

I apparently agree 100% with mrford.

ssewellusmc

May 12th 2015, 2:31:31

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/...75cf629f06822e1d3a60d.jpg

They both wear "man" Uggs... coincidence? I think not...

juice Game profile

May 12th 2015, 4:54:53

it's not enough. They should have the wins and titles taken from them too.

In 20, 30, 50+ years, no one is going to care about the cheating, or even know about it. All they'll know is how many rings they have.

As for the "beating women" etc...while I agree that those are bad things and possibly hurt the "image" that the NFL would like to present, they have no direct impact on any game being played, unlike underinflating game balls to allow for better grip making it less likely for a fumble, allowing the RB to confidently run the ball better, thus opening the pass game more, which in turn, also opens the running game more.

And I personally don't see how losing a draft pick will matter. Many drafted players are worthless, and the Pats can simply just make trades to get who they want. Maybe they should be hit by reducing their salary cap for a couple seasons, making it harder for them to retain top players for those couple seasons. I think that would make more of in impact to teams, to maybe prevent future cheating.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 12th 2015, 13:02:07

mrford is still bitter about Superbowl XXXVIII :p

I'm sorry, it's never going to happen for the Panthers.

Also, NFL investigations don't have a shred of credibility. They make their decisions based not on facts but on the court of public opinion.

Edited By: Pang on May 12th 2015, 13:05:41
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

BUTTMAN Game profile

May 12th 2015, 13:54:28

The only way the NFL can manufacture parity in the Brady/Belichick era is to take one of them off the field.

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 14:18:29

No, I'm bitter because your organisation are cheating little fluffs. I could be a browns fan as still hate the patriots.

Fanboy like yourself and Buttman will never ask it just how dirty your franchise is, but everyone else knows it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 14:19:00

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:
The only way the NFL can manufacture parity in the Brady/Belichick era is to take one of them off the field.

Or let everyone else cheat.

fanboys like yourself are my favorite. Your team can do no wrong, and you don't know enough about recent events to have a debate about it.

Edited By: mrford on May 12th 2015, 14:22:23
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

May 12th 2015, 14:21:38

you are so ragey and easy to troll

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 14:23:08

You arnt trolling though. You actually believe the bullfluff you spew on this topic.

Stop using trolling as a defense. It is an offense.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BUTTMAN Game profile

May 12th 2015, 14:27:49

I don't know what makes you so bitter / ragey but your condescending tone makes you unpleasant to talk with, so ill leave you with your rage.

A final note though:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/...-a-key-piece-of-evidence/

If you think the Wells Report proved the Patriots were guilty of anything you are either a certified lunatic or just a jealous Patriot hater plain and simple.

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 14:36:02

Ah. I'm sure you read the report and came to that conclusuon right. Or did you even read the report?

The pats cheated. In the playoffs. Again. Period. Calling everyone lunatics won't change that. Stop repeating what you saw on facebook. They cheated, again, on an organisational level.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

braden Game profile

May 12th 2015, 14:41:56

Originally posted by mrford:
Beating women is cool

twins !

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 14:45:23

Oh, and the only thing I hate more than cheating is Roger Goodell. So it isn't exactly like I'm on his side or anything.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

earf

EE Patron

May 12th 2015, 14:50:18

Are the NFLs tapping our phones? How did they catch the Tom Brady text msgs

earf

EE Patron

May 12th 2015, 14:53:39

In this case.. the PATRIOT Act did not turn out well for the Patrios #lol

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 12th 2015, 15:03:33

Fanboy like yourself and Buttman will never ask it just how dirty your franchise is, but everyone else knows it.

I'd actually offer that other franchises are just as dirty as anything the patriots might do that pushes the boundaries of the rules.... they just aren't successful enough to be put under a spotlight.

the NFL is a really fluffty league across the board, dude :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 15:05:04

Your "they hate us because they anus" argument is as silly as it is wrong.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

May 12th 2015, 16:40:35

barry bonds is the best baseball player to ever play the game

yea i said it

TY Game profile

May 12th 2015, 16:53:33

There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 12th 2015, 17:20:18

Their history of cheating doesn't help them. And I think that the fact that Brady petitioned the NFL to change the procedure regarding pre-game ball handling only to use that to his advantage didn't help either.

The NFL in general is under the spotlight with all the abuse issues with both kids and women. Goodell need to make an example out of them as its just another black eye for the NFL. Bad timing to get caught doing something like that.

If deflating balls means winning a superbowl I wish my team would of done it!

BlueCow

May 12th 2015, 17:23:16

I bet every NFL team cheats in some way or form.
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

mrford Game profile

May 12th 2015, 18:30:02

everyone cheats so lets just not have rules anymore!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 13th 2015, 0:00:21

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Vic Game profile

May 13th 2015, 1:24:31

lol thread

Vic Game profile

May 13th 2015, 1:26:28

mrford Game profile

May 13th 2015, 1:30:47

How many have the pats won that arnt under the suspicion of cheating?

You can turn this around all you want, but you know how dirty your franchise is.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Vic Game profile

May 13th 2015, 3:35:18

lol "cheating"

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2015, 6:52:05

Let me tell you all where this thread is going (and I know this because I am smarter than you!)
==============================================
Non-Pats fans will still hate the pats, Pats fans wont give a fluff because they win (a lot).
==============================================
Go ahead and circle jerk all you want but always keep that in mind because that is all the further you will get.

SPIN YOUR TIRES!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2015, 7:04:32

Originally posted by archaic:
As if they needed deflated footballs to roflstomp the Colts.

Let's assume what you said is 100% true, why would Tom risk his reputation on something so silly as ~1.5(or whatever the # was) lbs of air pressure? Why put his name on the line of something that wouldn't of mattered in the first place?

I'll answer that: to gain a competitive advantage over your opponent. When the stakes are so high, the competition so fierce, sometimes it only takes a small thing to give you that edge. That stands to reason that Tom himself didn't have faith he could win without the advantage even if so small. To go full circle here: he needed deflated footballs to win!

Thunder Game profile

May 13th 2015, 9:41:28

One NFL player that I found very poignant was Eli Manning.

“I kind of know what you know and seen some of the reports, what’s been written in the paper, and obviously it didn’t look good,” Manning said, according to the New York Post. “I figured something like this may happen.

“Tom has been a friend of mine. I don’t like to see anyone get suspended. I don’t like to see anybody get in trouble. I don’t like to see anything happen to the NFL or to a player or to another quarterback. In no way am I glad to see this happen.

“Obviously the football, I think it is about integrity and you have to follow the rules. If someone’s breaking the rules I understand you’re gonna get punished for it.”

Manning added: “Any time you lose a starting quarterback for four games and draft picks that’s a pretty big statement. Obviously the NFL is serious about not messing with the integrity of the game, no matter big or little the issue is.”
=============================================================
Now...with that being said, here is something else Eli had said about the under inflation of balls.
=============================================================
Eli Manning has admitted he tested out throwing some underinflated footballs out of curiosity after hearing about Deflategate. And he said there is definitely an extra grip with the deflated balls.

“Yeah, there is a difference,” he said. “A noticeable difference.”

Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

hoop Game profile

May 13th 2015, 10:55:32

The orignal 2 game suspension punishment was changed when new details emerged and he was suspended indefinately. The players association appealed that as double jeapordy. There was a he said she said about what was disclosed at what point. The NFL then made guidelines regarding future cases and set punishments. Ray Rice won an appeal with an independent arbitrator and has his suspension lifted. He missed a year. Not sure if he has a team.

Stop being ignorant. I agree the NFL has been all over the place for domestic violence but using that as ammo in this case is stupid as fluff. Period. This is cheating on an organisational level. Look at the falcons and the sound piping for comparison. Not ray rice.

If the public gets upset, they punish the players. If the public doesn't get upset, they don't. The NFL has no morals nor does it care beyond profits.

hoop Game profile

May 13th 2015, 10:58:53

So cheating doesn't tarnish accomplishments? Lance Armstrong? Barry Bonds? Alex Rodriguez? The pats have been busted 2x. Funny that the first ring they get since Spy Gate is tarnished by this. Weird huh?

Regardless, all teams look for advantages. Not all teams act like elite picks like the Patriots when they are caught. That is my issue.

Oh those 3 only Arod ever had anyone saying he wasn't on some kind of PED's. It was just implied that Lance was using the same stuff anywhere I ever read, unless you're on some entertainment site like ESPN. Bonds honestly his biggest accomplishments as a player were when he was skinny, but again if you read the ESPN's of the world those power numbers are all that matter. Arod honestly had a pretty normal career arch so he was less clear. But how in the heck would using PED's hurt any of what they did? We're talking PED's, not corked bats or scuffed balls!

Riddler Game profile

May 13th 2015, 12:10:07

As much as I hate the patriots, (as a Bills fan I am bound by honor to hate them) I think that Roger Goodell is simply trying to cover his own ass. Brady will get a rule change to allow for lower air pressure in the game balls next season, hell the NFL makes rules for the dude, face it. But my point is, If it was SOLELY one game then its not that big of deal, but we dont know how many games Brady has played with underinflated balls, and this isnt the first time the organizatin has been found of shady practices. With that being said I have to think Goodell is just trying to keep himself in the position he is in and shine a light of trust on himself to keep his job. Also the 1 million dollar fine is merely a drop in the bucket just from Superbowl Merchandise sales alone.

mrford Game profile

May 13th 2015, 16:13:31

Originally posted by hoop:

Oh those 3 only Arod ever had anyone saying he wasn't on some kind of PED's. It was just implied that Lance was using the same stuff anywhere I ever read, unless you're on some entertainment site like ESPN. Bonds honestly his biggest accomplishments as a player were when he was skinny, but again if you read the ESPN's of the world those power numbers are all that matter. Arod honestly had a pretty normal career arch so he was less clear. But how in the heck would using PED's hurt any of what they did? We're talking PED's, not corked bats or scuffed balls!

I can't tell if that was a serious post or not.... Bonds will never be in the Hall of Fame because of his cheating. Arod probably the same. Lance Armstrong lost tens of millions because of the scandal. Their names are forever synonymous with cheating, amd not only that, but also lying through their teeth about it because they knew it was wrong. Sound familliar? That is called a tarnished reputatuon....

Edited By: mrford on May 13th 2015, 16:37:06
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

May 13th 2015, 16:15:36

Originally posted by Riddler:
As much as I hate the patriots, (as a Bills fan I am bound by honor to hate them) I think that Roger Goodell is simply trying to cover his own ass. Brady will get a rule change to allow for lower air pressure in the game balls next season, hell the NFL makes rules for the dude, face it. But my point is, If it was SOLELY one game then its not that big of deal, but we dont know how many games Brady has played with underinflated balls, and this isnt the first time the organizatin has been found of shady practices. With that being said I have to think Goodell is just trying to keep himself in the position he is in and shine a light of trust on himself to keep his job. Also the 1 million dollar fine is merely a drop in the bucket just from Superbowl Merchandise sales alone.

The draft picks are the biggest deal. Belicheat always does some wizardry in the draft and likes to accumulate draft picks like a squirrel collects nuts.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Trife Game profile

May 13th 2015, 16:47:30

Originally posted by hoop:

bonds' biggest accomplishments as a player was then he was skinny? i'm one of the biggest bonds fanbois out there, but that's just silly.

i've always felt that when it comes to baseball, pitchers benefit the most out of them since it helps recovery. but for some reason batters are normally the only ones mentioned

earf

EE Patron

May 13th 2015, 17:07:49

Bonds got BLACKBALLED! He could have played more years!

Raging Budda Game profile

May 13th 2015, 18:03:56

I only rapidly scaneed thorugh prior responses, but don't think these points have been made.

1. Pats will save money even with the fine by not having to pay Brady for 5 weeks of suspension (not 4) due to bye.

2. Abeit countering 1. The biggest immeidate financial hit will be IF the Pats lose a home playoff game because they lose an extra game or two they would not have with Brady QBing.

That being said, the appeal will reduce the supsension so we can see Brady vs Romo. You are naive if the NFL and the appeal officer isn't aware of that.

As for the draft picks, Pats lost their 2007 or 2008 1st round pick...and did they suffer, no.
Your base is mine!

Raging Budda Game profile

May 13th 2015, 18:10:27

PS. If you think only Brady was trying to gain a slight advantage, then go back into your cave. All top-end pros (not just sports) try to stack the deck in their favor as much as they can. I mean lawyers, fianance, politicians, and more.
Your base is mine!