Verified:

farmer Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 12:54:47

for all of you, the earth is warming we are all going to die folks. This is a good book that will at least,if you are not completely blind to some facts that oppose you views, is an informative read. "In Global Warming We Trust: A Heretic's Guide to Climate Science"

MArs47 Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 13:34:05

The last book I read as informative literature was Fahrenheit 451...After getting caught in a paradox of the book that told me to burn all the books; I dont have any books anymore.
#DKnights

Vic Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 14:58:55

last book i read was cliff notes

tellarion Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 16:50:27

Oceana Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 16:55:48

I'll go with the Smart money, and say The Insurance companies have greatly reduced their risks along the coast lines by greatly increasing deductibles and raising their rates for those living close to the coasts over the past 15 or so years.

For those such believers why haven't the land prices inland sky rocketed, I know your not investing in stocks and bonds when "You Know" that somewhat inland Land at @ 30 ft sea level is the location of the next great beach front property selling for almost nothing.

Hawkster Game profile

Apr 27th 2015, 17:58:40

Prolly for the same reason most dont buy such prospects down the road (like 5 - 10 years) for such things as around big cities that are growing outward, around resort towns that are becoming popular, damns that will be built. I have seen many such pieces of property that I figured would be worth lot more later one day. Instead developers will get it cheap one to two years in advance instead. Sure they may pay lil more for it than they would have if they had gotten 5 years earlier, but payback is quicker and less riskier.

Atryn Game profile

Apr 29th 2015, 12:16:45

OMG, was that WOW gold spam on the EE boards? Do they think people actually read these boards? The ROI on that SPAM must be miniscule. ;)

Back to the topic...

There is a lot more $$ to be made in shorting various things if you believe in the disasterous outcome than in buying and developing land over a longer time period. But the timing is not a simple matter.

BladeEWG Game profile

Apr 29th 2015, 12:52:49

All lies!
I blame the French!

skitch Game profile

May 2nd 2015, 3:01:06

thanks 4 open eyes framer, i been telling people dumber than us abot they wrong for years