Verified:

Player Z

Mar 10th 2015, 6:24:21

Hi everybody. Some of you may know me as the person running country #390, better known as "zip". I've debated about asking for help here, and I'm still considering alternatives, but here goes:

TL;DR: help me farm LaF's bully, and you can take advantage of a limited time offer to farm me.

I decided to play untagged this set for the first time ever. I quite enjoy it, and I think it adds to the entertainment of the game when there are landgrab targets out there that actually give people a run for their money. Landtrading is boring, mechanical. There's no element of winning or losing there. I've always been drawn to the challenges that actually carry real risk. Will I be able to outrun a retal? Will that country think of me as important enough to retal if I hit him 3 times out of 100 other hits he has against him? It's fun.

Untaggeds have been driven from this game by excessive farming and bullying.

Untaggeds are also killed if they "suicide" with any nonstandard attacks, or if they farm unsuspecting countries who haven't been aggressive against anyone.

I think that the "excessive farming" is an acceptable tradeoff for the challenge--I decided I am willing to play while being farmed constantly, and I would only retal countries within a normal 48-hour window.

However, there's a fundamental disadvantage when alliance members use wartime tactics against me, and I know that I can't use those same tactics back without being killed. My production gets shot, so I can't even use my normal retal tactics.

It's one-sided bullying at its finest.

I would like to fight back, but I can't do it by myself at this point. See history with #187, who has gone against his own alliance's directives to continue using wartime hits against me, even days against my last retal against him.

So I am faced with three options as an untagged:

1). Suck it up, because gosh darn it, you're an untagged on the Alliance server. Possibly quit playing out of frustration.
2). Join an alliance, get them to FA me, and farm 187 to kingdom come for the next 39 hours as a retal.
3). Appeal here for FA/offensive alliances. Offer anyone who gives significant help a free opportunity to hit me with as many landgrabs as they want in the next 5 days, and I won't retal any of them.

I really don't want to join a clan right now. So I'm here appealing for option #3. If you help FA me with significant amounts of cash/bushels/offensive military, you can farm me for five days and I won't retal at all. Happy to negotiate for more if you can offer significant FA/military.

I'm hoping there are enough people here who will help, whether out of greed, distaste for LaF, or just sympathy for the little guy. I'm not offering two-stepping (I won't give you any indication as to when my hits will happen), but I won't retal you for a limited period.

If you have any questions, or want to suggest an alternative, or would like to help, message me here or ingame as soon as possible--I only have 39 hours from the time of this post to make it happen.

With gratitude,
Player Z

BLUEEE Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 7:06:48

Jelly

Mar 10th 2015, 7:13:51

Join LaF, you can farm him for retals and he can't hit you anymore.

Problem solved.

If you can't beat them, join them.

timmie Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 7:14:05

I'm always open to easy land....

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2015, 8:05:09

Nobody will do this. There would be repercussions if they did.
wasn't me...

Over The Hill Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 8:17:15

Choose option 1 and suck it up Buttercup

yylim80sss Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 9:01:16

Vic Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 13:46:01

I don't get #2.
Are you suggesting an alliance breaks pacts and let's you in their tag and FAs you to retal laf?
That's not allowed on alliance server. You can join a tag and take your chance at retalling... but you can't take FA from a tag to make retals from when you were untagged.
It's the same thing early in the set. Untagged players can retal hits after they tag up, but they definitely can't accept FA to do it if hits came in untagged.

Trife Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 14:05:07

it's tough to play solo on the alliance server

who knew!?!?

Vic Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 14:08:52

And further to that here's my opinion of it all:

You seem more reasonable than a lot of people playing this game right now. However, a lot of what you are suggesting would ultimately break pacts, and is firmly against almost universally agreed upon alliance rules.

The ab'ing and harmful attacks on you were stupid - but they definitely don't violate any alliance server rules as again, you are untagged in Alliance server.
That's the way it has been since the 90s and it has never once changed.

You are clearly a good player and you owned a lot of the server in retals but you got to be mindful that there are plenty of alliance players that don't care much about their resets and aren't going for a finish - so if they want to cause some havoc, messing with an untagged is really the only course of action possible.

IMO messing with an untagged is a stupid option but not because it's unfair or against the rules... Which, like it or not, is totally fair in alliance. But it's stupid because it's wastefully inefficient to use all those turns wrecking a player who is only retalling fairly.

I'm personally impressed with your honor code and I think a guy like you who doesn't suicide does deserve more attention and respect as a not so ordinary untagged, but again - that doesn't change the above. It's alliance server and alliances are free to treat you how they desire and you are free to treat them how you desire. It's just that you're a one man army against a server of many men armies and you don't have much argument to make that negates that overwhelming dynamic.

Finally, the aid from other alliance idea is nuts. Every alliance on this server has farmed untaggeds (and they've all farmed you) and at one point or another every alliance has had a member that takes it a little aggressively with an untagged... But again, that's fair for him to do just as it is fair for you to try to retal or attack however you feel fit. And just as it's fair for you to join an alliance, it's also fair for any alliance to run a KR on you if you remain untagged. But if another alliance gets involved, they will be viewed as hypocrites.

IMO you should do what Gogy does if you really desire to keep playing sets untagged. Use the same country name, play with the same honor code, and I imagine 2 out of 3 sets you'll get left alone. The sets you don't, well that's ok too... It's alliance.

Be well man, gl

Edited By: Vic on Mar 10th 2015, 14:11:56

Oceana Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 14:48:15

Need Lots of Spys and Missiles, punish him

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2015, 15:09:29

Originally posted by Player Z:
Hi everybody. Some of you may know me as the person running country #390, better known as "zip". I've debated about asking for help here, and I'm still considering alternatives, but here goes:

TL;DR: help me farm LaF's bully, and you can take advantage of a limited time offer to farm me.

I decided to play untagged this set for the first time ever. I quite enjoy it, and I think it adds to the entertainment of the game when there are landgrab targets out there that actually give people a run for their money. Landtrading is boring, mechanical. There's no element of winning or losing there. I've always been drawn to the challenges that actually carry real risk. Will I be able to outrun a retal? Will that country think of me as important enough to retal if I hit him 3 times out of 100 other hits he has against him? It's fun.

Untaggeds have been driven from this game by excessive farming and bullying.

Untaggeds are also killed if they "suicide" with any nonstandard attacks, or if they farm unsuspecting countries who haven't been aggressive against anyone.

I think that the "excessive farming" is an acceptable tradeoff for the challenge--I decided I am willing to play while being farmed constantly, and I would only retal countries within a normal 48-hour window.

However, there's a fundamental disadvantage when alliance members use wartime tactics against me, and I know that I can't use those same tactics back without being killed. My production gets shot, so I can't even use my normal retal tactics.

It's one-sided bullying at its finest.

I would like to fight back, but I can't do it by myself at this point. See history with #187, who has gone against his own alliance's directives to continue using wartime hits against me, even days against my last retal against him.

So I am faced with three options as an untagged:

1). Suck it up, because gosh darn it, you're an untagged on the Alliance server. Possibly quit playing out of frustration.
2). Join an alliance, get them to FA me, and farm 187 to kingdom come for the next 39 hours as a retal.
3). Appeal here for FA/offensive alliances. Offer anyone who gives significant help a free opportunity to hit me with as many landgrabs as they want in the next 5 days, and I won't retal any of them.

I really don't want to join a clan right now. So I'm here appealing for option #3. If you help FA me with significant amounts of cash/bushels/offensive military, you can farm me for five days and I won't retal at all. Happy to negotiate for more if you can offer significant FA/military.

I'm hoping there are enough people here who will help, whether out of greed, distaste for LaF, or just sympathy for the little guy. I'm not offering two-stepping (I won't give you any indication as to when my hits will happen), but I won't retal you for a limited period.

If you have any questions, or want to suggest an alternative, or would like to help, message me here or ingame as soon as possible--I only have 39 hours from the time of this post to make it happen.

With gratitude,
Player Z

I have just one thing to say about this....

Gogy.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

tellarion Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 16:09:38

Vic, I think you're misreading what he said. Since #187 has hit him a massive amount of times, he is entitled to a similarly massive amount of legit retals, as long as they're within the retal window.

Player Z

Mar 10th 2015, 16:25:57

Originally posted by Vic:
I don't get #2.
Are you suggesting an alliance breaks pacts and let's you in their tag and FAs you to retal laf?
That's not allowed on alliance server. You can join a tag and take your chance at retalling... but you can't take FA from a tag to make retals from when you were untagged.
It's the same thing early in the set. Untagged players can retal hits after they tag up, but they definitely can't accept FA to do it if hits came in untagged.

Strictly speaking, I don't believe that this would be against the vast majority of the pact terms that I have seen in my time playing. If it were, I wouldn't have suggested it.

That being said, looks like there is general consensus around #1. Very well.

@tellarion, I think Vic understands that, but he is arguing that doing so would be against some sort of "late tagup" pact term. I understand that any alliance who would aid me would be fearful of me going off my rocker or something, though, so perhaps it's for the best that I just let this one go.

Bikerman Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 16:32:03

I didn't read all of this....

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2015, 16:46:22

the situations pretty crap

ive been trying to get people not to hit you all set because they always screw up and get retalled

i put you on will retal status ages ago, but it felt a bit wrong to set a single country to DNH, i think there was something different in your country note before but it got replaced with a different message after the ab's happened

there was communication to the member who did ab's but i think we dropped the ball on it and they didnt actually receive it

we (laf) have tried pretty hard not to go crazy killing untaggeds and stuff this set, accepting reasonable levels of retals

we killed one who went off on another country, and one that suicided, but managed to deescalate that conflict

we know weve screwed up on this and im sorry

i think i know who you are and have mentioned insite but i guess ill just send you a pm here since you seem to be enjoying playing AT a bit

as to the late tagup pact term, there is definately a term which limits retals to 1 on each country that hit you in the previous 24 or 48 hours, its to prevent running untagged to get a lot of retals owing on you at the start of the set then tagging up

enshula
lafamiglia

Vic Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 18:09:48

well also it must be said -
zip was not put on DNH because he asked not to be, as he said that would be unfair and he didn't want special treatment :p

respect

Player Z

Mar 10th 2015, 18:39:26

Originally posted by Vic:
well also it must be said -
zip was not put on DNH because he asked not to be, as he said that would be unfair and he didn't want special treatment :p

respect

That's true, I didn't want to be placed on DNH. but I did request that the wartime attacks stop. So far, the response has been fairly reasonable from everyone...it's just a couple bad apples who want to play the AB game when they know I can't AB back without being killed.

133tz Game profile

Mar 10th 2015, 23:47:33

Stop playing untagged in alliance server you turd. Go play express
I am an EE noob.

Player Z

Mar 11th 2015, 0:14:39

I'll stay just for you, 133tz. <3

Whatever happened to you getting LaF to kill me for retalling you, anyway?

breeze Game profile

Mar 11th 2015, 2:59:03

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmm

Syko_Killa Game profile

Mar 11th 2015, 5:09:37

I'm pretty sure that zip did this for everyones entertainment...thanks zip you are a pretty good guy. Thanks for the LaF;)
Do as I say, not as I do.

133tz Game profile

Mar 11th 2015, 7:12:20

I never mentioned LaF would kill you. When did I state LaF was going to do anything.
I am an EE noob.

Player Z

Mar 11th 2015, 7:41:48

Originally posted by 133tz:
I never mentioned LaF would kill you. When did I state LaF was going to do anything.

your words were "looks like I'll need to get you killed". I'm happy to post up a screenshot of the message, but given how pissy you were when I figured out which country was yours, I'm guessing you don't want me publicly posting a message with your country number on it here. ;)

133tz Game profile

Mar 11th 2015, 14:14:06

Happy for you to do it. Where in that message did I mention LaF?
I am an EE noob.

Over The Hill Game profile

Mar 11th 2015, 14:17:38

I'll stay just for you, 133tz. <3

Whatever happened to you getting LaF to kill me for retalling you, anyway?

your words were "looks like I'll need to get you killed". I'm happy to post up a screenshot of the message, but given how pissy you were when I figured out which country was yours, I'm guessing you don't want me publicly posting a message with your country number on it here. ;)

Player Z....you're too much of a drama queen. Quit playing games with "words".

you mentioned that 133tz used the words :quote: "looks like I'll need to get you killed" and that you would be happy to post up a screenshot of the message.
there's no mention in that phrase that 133tz said that Laf would kill you....so why would you make that comment in the above post?

enhsula seems to know who you are

Originally posted by enshula:

i think i know who you are and have mentioned insite but i guess ill just send you a pm here since you seem to be enjoying playing AT a bit
enshula
lafamiglia

Player Z.....why are you hiding behind New Member status?

You come across as just being another dime-a-dozen schitt disturber that is common to this game.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2015, 14:48:35

i was wrong apparently

Player Z

Mar 11th 2015, 16:31:56

Happy for you to do it. Where in that message did I mention LaF?

Okay, I'll bite. Who did you mean then? In our ingame conversation, when I asked you why you would get me killed, you told me it was for violating "our retal policy" and "disrupting the peace by obtaining confidential information". I think it is natural to assume you were referring to LaF rules (even if they were completely fabricated).

@over the hill: I just don't want my former alliance(s?) to suffer any repercussions for my personal actions. I think the best way to do that is to remain anonymous for now. I don't have any old beefs or anything-- I just want to try my hand at playing untagged.

I'm sure some people will eventually figure out who I am, whether by my own srewups or otherwise (at least one person already has), but I see no reason to announce it for now.

133tz Game profile

Mar 11th 2015, 16:41:28

They already have been dragged into your actions.
I am an EE noob.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 11th 2015, 17:13:43

leetz, come play express, I miss you!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Hawkster Game profile

Mar 11th 2015, 18:42:00

Any alliance that farms any country (including untaggeds) has no respect or honor imho especially if they cant abide by their own clans retal policies.

I have not bothered to check #390 history, but from sounds of things I respect your country more so than most clans around here. If I were not prepping for war challenge, I would take you up on your offer. Keep playing like you are mate.