Verified:

alexsiki Game profile

Feb 23rd 2015, 23:42:14

I attacked some guy and then he pretty much sold all his defence to buy a crazy amount of jets just to hit me. I really do not like war but how do I react to that. He has hardly no defence now but can break anybody in primary just aBOUT now.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 1:28:58

you got owned man

react to that

but seriously its called a retal

the bots that don't hit back are in express

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 1:45:53

Originally posted by alexsiki:
I attacked some guy and then he pretty much sold all his defence to buy a crazy amount of jets just to hit me. I really do not like war but how do I react to that. He has hardly no defence now but can break anybody in primary just aBOUT now.
If he sold all his defense, i'd save turns then LG him 20x then BR him into the ground, and defuse his missiles/Stir Rebellions for readiness...
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 1:49:47

So, you grabbed someone and are upset that they retalled?

Sounds like you need to pick your targets better if you don't want to get hit back.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 1:54:38

Originally posted by mrford:
So, you grabbed someone and are upset that they retalled?

Sounds like you need to pick your targets better if you don't want to get hit back.
He went all jetter to retal...which that in itself is reason to make him his personal landfarm
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 1:59:23

That is a matter of personal opinion. One you are entitled to.

But if the roles were reversed, I highly doubt someone as hot headed as you wouldn't do the exact same thing, making you a hypocrite. Funny how that works ain't it?

If you don't want to be retalled, don't grab someone who can retal you, amd certainly don't complain that it is their fault for retaling you regardless of their military composition at the time of the retal. That is silly. Just as silly as escalating a situation because of said composition. The retaller has already demonstrated his lack of care in netting by going all jetter. You accomplish nothing by playing along other than ruining your set as well. But like I said, your choice.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 2:04:18

Regardless of how upset i'd be over a LG...i wouldnt leave myself open to further attacks by dropping D just to buy more jets to make the retal...thats stupid.

Farm/Br...Bomb Airbases/SR/defuse missiles for readines...
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 2:06:09

You are forgetting something called GDI negating a lot of the risk of going all jetter just to retal. It is okay, no one has ever accused you if thinking things through.

You RoR and it is he who gets the FS.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 2:11:31

Id still chance it...
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 2:13:31

And with that, I would ask you to re-read the title and replace "grab" with "retal"
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 2:36:26

Its the way the retal was taken...douchebag move going all jets. Just sayin...especially on a solo server
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 2:41:01

And bottom feeding is any different how? Just because everyone does it doesn't mean it isn't still a fluff move.

For all you know OP is a low talent nub who has a ton of defense and isn't going to finish well, and the person who retalled was running a normal amount of defense and playing all-x and wanted his land back.

Bottom line is you act like a child because you didn't think your victim could touch you. How is that the retalers fault, lol. Your pet peeves are your peoblem, not theirs. Grab better and you won't get owned in a retal.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 2:45:43

Just voicing my opinion...just as u were, neither of which are wrong.

Stop being a douche.
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 2:49:16

Says the guy who would suicide someone over a retal. Lol. Make sure to tell all the nubs to know their role when you grab them.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 2:56:38

Apples and oranges man, apples and oranges.
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 3:00:13

just because you say something, doesn't make it true.

the simple fact is you admitted that you are willing to suicide someone for simply retaling a grab. you were the aggressor, and you feel like you need to be able to dictate how someone gets their land back. yeah. im the douche here, lol. this is why you suck at netting. you dont have the self control to finish a netting set.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 3:03:17

Regardless...ROR the guy and smash him when he decides to get the sand out of his fluff...it should be fun to watch.
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 3:09:50

Originally posted by Jayr:
Stop being a douche.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 3:14:51

Originally posted by mrford:
Originally posted by Jayr:
Stop being a douche.
+1
wasn't me...

Ka Mac

Feb 24th 2015, 3:38:54

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 6:11:32

*eats popcorn
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

LATC Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 6:17:38

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
*eats popcorn

*Is glad KoH is back so I don't need to supply my own popcorn... sits next to KoH and eats his popcorn.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 6:34:49

Haha :-)

*hands LATC a beer
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 6:38:39

*glares furiously at the spectators with their newfangled popcorns*

*shakes fist*
wasn't me...

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 16:13:40

Damn, Ford, every once in a while, you really amaze me. You're spot on on this thread.

If you don't want to get retaliated upon, don't hit people who can. (THE TRUTH)

As far as going all jetter to make the retal, that's been a standard policy on the alliance server for decades now. LaF had a whole division of countries like that that were set up for retaling.

Don Blubb was one of their best.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

deezyboy Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 16:54:49

for once i'm with ford on this. u grab me, i may do a crazy retal depending on my mood. you retal my retal i wreck you.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 20:01:15

Hmmm...what are the 2 countries n/ws?
wasn't me...

Xninja Game profile

Feb 27th 2015, 8:25:43

Like everyone here besides Jayr has stated, the best action you can take is learn from the mistake of hitting somone who can retal( even if it means selling all his defense to do it). Its just a factor you will need to learn to adapt.

Anyone who follows my solo server play, Express more than the rest. They will see I pride myself on making elite retals. Sure you can hit me for 200ish land, but I will be getting it back plus 800ish or more.

Even if I have to sacrifice some turrets in the process its going to be worth it to me, just to have the satisfaction that your hit on my country equals a loss for yours in the long term.

The only time I feel it nessisary to engage in war on solo servers is when you get hit, make your retal then they hit you again. Or if someone double or tripple taps you, even then depending on the land lost it may not be worth the fight. You really need to look at the bigger picture.

But like Ford said, to make a hit on what I'm sure we all presume to be a "smaller" country than yours then you get hit back and take a loss then come cry on the forums about it is a very woman like thing to do.

Take the loss, find a way to make up for it or go be a fluffer and war him over something in all rights, he was allowed to do.

Lastly, I'm not complety disregarding Jayrs oppinion here. People suicide for many reasons. Being bested on a retal, it happens all the time. Is it right, probably not but like Ford said, neither is extreeme bottomfeeding, but its still an everyday thing. I don't think there will ever be a time when bottomfeeding will stop happening. Just as people who can't retal will resort to suiciding.

Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

h2orich Game profile

Feb 27th 2015, 8:46:35

There's two types of people playing Earth.

1)People that grab and grow but have fear of retals
2)People that do not fear grabs but retals heavily if grabbed

People in the first category will be the people who succeed in this game.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 27th 2015, 15:43:07

well if i grab i don't fear retals, of course i'm not happy if i don't gain anything from grab after retal.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 27th 2015, 18:38:31

Idgaf about retals. I take legit retals but if u leave urself open w/ no turrets to take a retal u best believe im gonna take advantage of it by farming u.
wasn't me...

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 28th 2015, 1:05:41

Sure you can. There is no entitlement to retals on this server. You can hit how you see fit. He can hit back how he sees fit. If a guy drops all his D, why not farm him for easy land if you want. Nobody is entitled to anything. This ain't alliance.

I agree that for my play style, if I hit someone and he bests me in a hit back, I'll move along and continue on my way. But if I see someone drop all his D, whether it was to hit me or someone else, I'll weigh the risk benefit and farm it if I can get away with it. It's a risk, but so is having no D. Lol this game is full of calculated risks.
The EEVIL Empire

damondusk Game profile

Feb 28th 2015, 18:49:06

+100 ^^^

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 6th 2015, 19:06:32

Man, I grab from my scores list. The target of my grabs invariably cries "topfeeding". LOL

Especially after they bounce their retal on me, or only get back a small percentage of what I took.

You know what? It works for me to play that way. Sure, do your retal. :) Don't go overboard and we'll get on just fine. Do something stupid like want to war me over it and I'll use all my turns to obliterate your country. I like to do that too, so it's never a loss for me. :)

I don't bottomfeed, ever. It's pointless, that's not competition, that's grazing, you're a SHEEP.

What I do is hunt, and I'm a predator, I eat SHEEP.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

stanrools Game profile

Mar 8th 2015, 3:34:24

if you land grab expect to be retailed. I retail all land grabs I don't have to blow my whole stock pile to preform. I I have to buy 3 4 or even 500K jets to retail you bet your sweet ass I will. usuly it pays off in a nice land gain for myself.
Techer to win it all.

Nerrus Game profile

Mar 13th 2015, 5:12:03

Most people, especially those that get top feed are sore losers :-(
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Xninja Game profile

Mar 13th 2015, 6:30:59

Originally posted by Nerrus:
Most people, especially those that get top feed are sore losers :-(

So you enjoy being top fed?
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Nerrus Game profile

Mar 13th 2015, 7:54:51

This is a war-game, so I fully expect to get attacked or retal-ed. I'd have it no other way...

Xerxes was interrogating some Arcadians after the Battle of Thermopylae. He inquired why there were so few Greek men defending the Thermopylae. The answer was "All other men are participating in the Olympic Games". And when asked "What is the prize for the winner?", "An olive-wreath" came the answer. Then Tigranes, one of his generals uttered: "Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men are these against whom you have brought us to fight? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for virtue."

Edited By: Nerrus on Mar 14th 2015, 13:33:08
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Aphrodite Game profile

Mar 15th 2015, 11:49:46

At least you didn't just start off on the server and get bottom Fed 30 times into DR by several different people I can't even do anything about it call yourself lucky they only retaled and didn't RoR
***Aphrodite***
Screw This Game
Derrick <3

http://sota.ghqnet.com