Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 24th 2015, 21:28:05

Obama veto'ed keystone today... I honestly thought at some point (i.e., after the midterm elections) logic would win out, as other pipeline continue to be built safely with little fanfare, but I was wrong.

Why can't America get it's act together do things that aren't centered around ideology and hyperbole? :(

The oil is getting to where it needs to go regardless; it will now continue to get there using rail and less safe pipelines which are more prone to spill and/or crash/explode compared to Keystone. The pipeline won't create jobs, sure, but it makes oil transportation in America safer and gets more rail cars of oil off American (and Canadian, which is what I care about!) rail lines -- making room for other goods to use that space (you pay more for transporting things by rail because the capacity is taken up by oil that could be in a pipeline). Plus America needs the rail space to get coal from mines in the east to ship it to Asia from the west coast.

"Environmentalists" who are against the project must be some of the most clueless people on the planet. The big winner today are environmentalists; the big loser today is the environment.

Edited By: Pang on Feb 24th 2015, 21:30:52
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 21:32:33

but i thought it was only the republicans blocking fluff for partisan reasons.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Riddler Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 21:54:11

The only people benefitting from keystone are the canadians

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Feb 24th 2015, 21:58:03

Originally posted by Riddler:
The only people benefitting from keystone are the canadians

and US refineries, and those US refineries sell their products to (likely mostly Americans), and Americans living along rail corridors that are currently being used to move oil that would otherwise be moved via pipeline.

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Feb 24th 2015, 22:20:52
See Original Post

Trife Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 22:10:25

America - We're the king of the NIMBY attitude!

Dissident Game profile

Feb 24th 2015, 22:39:30

this was a decision for votes. If Obama allows the keystone xl to go through, he will lose the far left... which doesnt matter to HIM specifically... just to Hillary Clinton when she runs for President next (or Elizabeth Warren).

It's not about environment... it's about votes.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 23:29:09

Originally posted by Dissident:
this was a decision for votes. If Obama allows the keystone xl to go through, he will lose the far left... which doesnt matter to HIM specifically... just to Hillary Clinton when she runs for President next (or Elizabeth Warren).

Wait...he hasn't lost them yet with all his lies, deception and hypocrisy?

The far left is either in a state of idiocy or just plain stupid!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 24th 2015, 23:52:20

@ford -> the republicans don't have a monopoly on bad governance! :p

sure... because there's soooooooo many alternative parties to vote for that align more closely with the far left's interests...

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Wait...he hasn't lost them yet with all his lies, deception and hypocrisy?

As opposed to the right-leaning folks whose entire platforms are built on lies and hypocrisy from the outset? :p

Obama isn't great (he didn't live up to the hype) but do you honestly believe that Republicans bring a better mindset or plan to the table than Democrats in terms of governing "honestly"? Especially when you compare him to the previous Republican president who relied on false intel to start a war that killed thousands of American servicemen and women (oh, and left the balance of power in the region in another enemy's favour, and just created a mess in general), oversaw the complete breakdown of the economy then was basically like "problem for the next administration; I'm making it rain bailouts to the people who fluffed this fluff up for their own gains!", and mismanaged the intel leading up to 9/11?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 24th 2015, 23:58:49

Classic leftist reply to an accurate statement, well done Pang!

/claps
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 25th 2015, 0:02:58

/claps

this is why I don't come around here much anymore. the quality of discussion isn't worth the keystrokes.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2015, 0:18:01

Originally posted by Pang:

/claps

this is why I don't come around here much anymore. the quality of discussion isn't worth the keystrokes.

Yes, tell yourself that big boy....
(•_•)

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2015, 0:55:50

Death to Keystone.
wasn't me...

BlueCow

Feb 25th 2015, 1:33:15

Originally posted by Pang:
Obama veto'ed keystone today... I honestly thought at some point (i.e., after the midterm elections) logic would win out, as other pipeline continue to be built safely with little fanfare, but I was wrong.

Why can't America get it's act together do things that aren't centered around ideology and hyperbole? :(

The oil is getting to where it needs to go regardless; it will now continue to get there using rail and less safe pipelines which are more prone to spill and/or crash/explode compared to Keystone. The pipeline won't create jobs, sure, but it makes oil transportation in America safer and gets more rail cars of oil off American (and Canadian, which is what I care about!) rail lines -- making room for other goods to use that space (you pay more for transporting things by rail because the capacity is taken up by oil that could be in a pipeline). Plus America needs the rail space to get coal from mines in the east to ship it to Asia from the west coast.

"Environmentalists" who are against the project must be some of the most clueless people on the planet. The big winner today are environmentalists; the big loser today is the environment.

I heard warren buffet was going to give Obama a raise once he leaves office.....
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

BLUEEE Game profile

Feb 25th 2015, 1:55:31

nebraska didnt want the pipeline. over 200 land owners were fighting the eminent domain proceedings anyways and a state court had already ordered the stop of the line till the court proceeding concluded. i mean eminent domain being used by a foreign company for privet gain should not be allowed. i would be more for it if the land they were going to use was freely given or sold to transcanada. but truth is the land owners didnt want to sell. maybe we should stand by the land owners. politics aside. it would not have lowered our gas prices. would not have given fluff for jobs other than shovel ready jobs which arent worth it. it also would transport TAR sand oil which is different than crude oil. crude oil floats on water making it easier in that way to clean if a accident were to occur, were as tarsand oil is heavier and sinks in water making it nearly impossible to clean up if the worse were to happen.

Hneftafl Game profile

Feb 25th 2015, 3:56:23

If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

mrford Game profile

Feb 25th 2015, 3:57:03

someone needs to be Hneftafl's friend before it is too late.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ssewellusmc

Feb 25th 2015, 4:13:58

Someone take Hneftafl's shoe laces and belt...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2015, 4:14:10

http://youtu.be/xVE4Uqxf97g

Join the party, you feel left out!
(•_•)