Verified:

archaic Game profile

Feb 2nd 2015, 5:46:36

622, 627, 633 NW when we last killed him was 16M - I mean FFS I realize you guys don't want people checking out in wars after they get killed but letting a suicider keep coming back in beast mode is stupid.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2015, 12:15:14

That inflated nw couldnt be from stock, money an land grabbed could it?
The Death Knights

XI

archaic Game profile

Feb 2nd 2015, 13:35:39

So a country that has been killed 3 times hitting 16M NW within minutes of coming OOP is cool? I'm fine with re-balanced restarts the first time, but perhaps dead should mean dead at some point.

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 2nd 2015, 13:56:19

Im not saying it is okay. I was giving a reason why his nw could be that high after being killed so many times.

Other then completely nerfing restarts i dont see what can be done other then reworking how gdi works
The Death Knights

XI

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2015, 19:11:25

Dead should mean dead.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

archaic Game profile

Feb 2nd 2015, 22:53:12

Well, he is #641 - I suspect he will be OOP soon and we'll get to see him again.

midevil.chaos Game profile

Feb 3rd 2015, 4:10:02

:/ There are more war countries that restart than suiciders. Starting a brand new country when you die in war is pretty disheartening. So, even if there is one suicider out there, what's more important? A berserker out there, or less players restarting in war? An easy question, and an easy answer in my opinion. Now, how do you get less suiciders? Tricky answer that one.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2015, 8:44:50

a simple fix/change would be to tie turns run into how much you get back

Sometging like

Turnsrun / turnsinset * maxrestart = restart

Then maybe make it a little more forgiving so it maxes at 75% of the set and you always get either at least 10% or so or you start increasing from 10% not 0%

Xninja Game profile

Feb 3rd 2015, 9:31:50

I do have to say I personally miss the old restarting ways.
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

archaic Game profile

Feb 5th 2015, 12:38:01

I don't mind the first restart being pretty capable and able to quickly get back into a war, but after that it needs to start dropping off logarithmicly.

#622, 627, 633, 641, 646 was still a $10M NW when we killed him.

I want to make something very clear also, I am not against suiciding per-say, it can be one of the few tools the small and oppressed have to influence potential oppressors, or as a means of making a political statement. However, there is a difference between suiciding an alliance that you feel has oppressed you, and being a serial abuser that seeks only yo harm and diminish the play experience of others.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2015, 15:54:25

having the next restart only be based on how many turns the previous country ran compared to all turns you have ran that set is another way to do it

ie

country 1 runs 1k turns dies

country 2 gets a big restart
1k/1k

country 2 runs 1k turns dies

country 3 gets a smaller restart
1k/2k

country 3 runs 100 turns dies

country 4 gets a small restart
100/2100

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 10th 2015, 3:54:59

So, he was getting bigger from feeding/suiciding and being killed?
Finally did the signature thing.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 10th 2015, 7:13:20

i didnt check the exact country but it does happen

all you need is to restart with enough stockpile to grab stockpile from people and you have an infinite suicider loop

once you get killed once in a war there shouldnt be as much safety net, you should get that your in a war

thats another reason i always wanted the percentage of your dead country you get back as a restart to be inverted

if you get blindsided and killed by 50 chems while netgaining you get more back, if you wall 1000 hits during a war im pretty sure you havnt been blindside and you havent had two months of work destroyed in 30 seconds

at one point you could hide your jets and stock on the market and get 100% back, that was the worst i think, also you had 70% cap then too, but there was also some bug i forget that meant you didnt actually hit the cap

Marshal Game profile

Feb 10th 2015, 15:38:41

year old post by qz:

1) Restart Aid Tweaks & Bugfixes

i) Difference between servers with multi_allowed and not (Max still 95%)
a) multies allowed (FFA,AI,AlphaFFA)
20% + 0.06% / defend
b) single country servers
40% + 0.06% / defend (from 70% + 0.02% / defend)
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 11th 2015, 12:10:53

heres an example of where the inverted formula would make sense

0.1 mins ago
351 survivors emerge from the ruins of your previously destroyed country and begin to rebuild. They hold true to the values of the former regime (bonus points) and are ready for you to lead them once more! The survivors were able to salvage:
160 acres
2 Construction Sites
$382,000
0 Technology
2 Buildings
0 Units

this country was landkilled with 13 attacks comes back with 2 csites, if the formula was inverted to reduce your restart bonus the more attacks that you took and start off with high bonus then it may have come back with more than just 2 csites

at least the formula wasnt silly enough to make it come back with less than 100 land though

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 12th 2015, 20:00:04

we could nerf jets returned specifically
Finally did the signature thing.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 12th 2015, 23:34:11

jets might stop some repeating the suicide

during stocking season though you just need enough jets to hit someone to get you a big stock jump, and having jets when you die doesnt even matter, you can have food or cash to buy jets

ive seen a few of them hit other alliances to get big then hit the alliance they actually want to hit so its never even possible to be safe by increasing your alliances defences

i remember a set i was playing in ffa where someone who stopped playing was being farmed for cash to suicide other people, its hard to get safe when theres billions of cash/food lying around thats a perpetual source of income for a suicider

rube goldberg suicide machine