Verified:

scabies rabies

Jan 23rd 2015, 5:07:52

I recently found this game again on a Google rampage that I think we can all relate to! Wow, it is weird to see this still around. So many memories of late nights and calculators! I used to play a long time ago but wasn't very good. Is this the best server to play to get back in the swing of things? I don’t remember too much other than building a lot of one type of building being best. Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited By: scabies rabies on Jan 23rd 2015, 5:12:25

scabies rabies

Jan 23rd 2015, 13:30:22

The lack of activity on my thread makes me a saaaaaaadddddddddd panda.

Cannon Game profile

Jan 23rd 2015, 13:35:41

Heyyyyyy man. Ya I think Primary is the best server to kind of get back into it. Although its the only one I play so Im just speculating. And strats haven't changed much from when you played it seems. Pick a gov't and build according to the strategy you decide to implement. This set I am teching so I am building all research labs. There's much more to cover but I wanted to put a little something out there. Sad pandas make me sad

Marshal Game profile

Jan 23rd 2015, 15:08:44

welcome back.

express might be best server to learn ropes again since it has short set and then primary/tourny and ffa (with 16 its easy to test strats).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2015, 17:51:18

Welcome back!!!, always feels good to see former players return home :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

VicRattlehead Game profile

Jan 23rd 2015, 20:28:31

Primary can be a bit of a bloodbath if you're still "re-learning the ropes," tourney might be a better starting place. You are correct about specializing in one type of building, various governments mesh better with various specializations, with democracy basically doing everything well. If you have more specific strategy questions there are many of us who would be happy to provide a little guidance.

Welcome back!

scabies rabies

Jan 23rd 2015, 20:48:56

Thanks guys! I think I am just going to start countries on most servers so I can get some practice. Is it OK if I ask some questions here?

I remember having to change a lot of stuff before running turns but I can’t remember the details. Maybe we can start there!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 23rd 2015, 21:02:34

we have qustions and answers and strategy room for questions and your questions might be already answered (these forums have search function (under that wheel on top at right) which mehul's forums lacked (besides going to archive-site and searching)).

no point starting in alliance or ffa since those sets end soon and alliance is very cruel to untaggeds.

you need to change govt (unless you are gonna be tyranny, dictator or theocracy) and indy production (either 100% spies or 10% for troops and tanks and 80% turrets) and tax rate if you want to start messing with it and try to max tax revenue.

Xninja Game profile

Jan 23rd 2015, 21:35:56

I promote Express and FFA as good places to get your groove back.

Fast turn pace for one and multiple countries for the other ;), win win.
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Jan 23rd 2015, 23:09:58

Scabies, do you prefer to aim for a high score or to fight? As Marshal mentioned, the Alliance set is coming to a close, and now would be a great time to join a clan for the upcoming reset. :) I am in SOL, the Sons of Liberty, it has existed for a loooooooong time and is currently the largest/best "war tag" in the game. We also had the #1 country last reset, so we can net some too. Drop us a line!

sol.ghqnet.com

Of course, if you just want to netgain in peace I would recommend elsewhere, but for a good mix of sometimes netting, sometimes warring, SOL is pretty awesome.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 23rd 2015, 23:30:07

Originally posted by Xninja:
I promote Express and FFA as good places to get your groove back.

Fast turn pace for one and multiple countries for the other ;), win win.

yea now all we need is combination of both.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 5:53:14

Shuddup vic, IX was the best war alliance of all time. I declare a biased opinion because I'm drunk.

Drunk=good
GGOOD=right
EEVIL=better than GGOOD
Serpy=EEVIL
Serpy=fluffingright
The EEVIL Empire

Hneftafl Game profile

Jan 24th 2015, 6:02:45

Originally posted by scabies rabies:
The lack of activity on my thread makes me a saaaaaaadddddddddd panda.

Sad panda. Funny how often that term gets used around here.
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

Jan 24th 2015, 14:35:54

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Shuddup vic, IX was the best war alliance of all time. I declare a biased opinion because I'm drunk.

Drunk=good
GGOOD=right
EEVIL=better than GGOOD
Serpy=EEVIL
Serpy=fluffingright

How could I possibly disagree with such obvious truth? Unfortunately the fantastic force for all that is awesome that was IX is no longer with us. :P

p1co Game profile

Jan 25th 2015, 3:01:48

Welcome back!