Verified:

Riddler Game profile

Jan 17th 2015, 12:22:38

Last night I was multi tapped by #81 I awoke this morning, with a bunch of turns, did my spy op seen he had low troopies and decided to start a KR on him, once I did the run, (ran out of turns with about 200 civs left damn) I checked the news and saw that someone else had also started a run on him previous to mine. This is not a collaboration of efforts. I want this known now before someone decides to call me a cheat

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2015, 22:46:29

PM Warster, bstrong or tella.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 1:13:21

I don't think, just because two (or more) players have a grudge against the same opponent, they are cheating when they each make attacks.

If they co-ordinate their attacks by messaging each other or making contact by forum PMs or in clans' websites then they are cheating.

Absent evidence of co-ordination I don't think there is any reason to fear deletion. Certainly none of the deletions to date have rested solely on two countries targetting the same enemy.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2015, 2:08:00

I'm being killed by two tards....well...they're trying, practice for walling HAHA!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Riddler Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 14:47:13

wll it couldn't have been you KoH because I completed my task

MountainYeti Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 16:07:54

Disregard previous post as I thought KoH was a diff country #

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 18:26:47

Originally posted by Furious999:
I don't think, just because two (or more) players have a grudge against the same opponent, they are cheating when they each make attacks.

If they co-ordinate their attacks by messaging each other or making contact by forum PMs or in clans' websites then they are cheating.

Absent evidence of co-ordination I don't think there is any reason to fear deletion. Certainly none of the deletions to date have rested solely on two countries targetting the same enemy.

it all depends. if i see someone cherry pick the kill. who has no merrit to do so, i will delete.
The Death Knights

XI

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2015, 21:33:00

What?

Where does the rules say that we cant cherrypick?!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 21:56:21

Originally posted by whooze:
What?

Where does the rules say that we cant cherrypick?!

nowhere, slagpit said ~4 years ago that no1 has been deleted due cping.

if wants to be technical then cping falls into grey area.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 18th 2015, 22:02:28

This is some funny fluff. LOL I can sympathize with ya dude. The guy is playing like a tool and obviously needed a beat down, it was inevitable that it should happen, it's merely coincidence that you happened to decide to provide the festivities for him when you did. LOL I can completely identify with this exact situation. I'd log in, see the multi-tap, immediately go and get a spy op, then beat the crap outta him with whatever was handy and efficacious. LOL

I, also, would have failed to check the news on the moron and just went and did my thing against him.

Good Job, Player. :) You're my kind of guy.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 22:25:02

Cherry picking is a very grey area.

Lets say

A double taps B

B falls.short on KR on A

Within a short time player C finishes the kill on A. But B didnt ask.him too, i would feel inclined to delete C. If C was never hit by A.

Its not really inline with solo play, IMO.

Its also hard to tell if B did or didnt ask. To many outside sources of communication to really know for sure. To me, falling to the side of caution is deleting C.
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 22:26:08

So many have argued for complete soloness of express. Hence relations being removed. That you really cant have it both ways with grey areas.
The Death Knights

XI

Marshal Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 22:28:17

nice that rules have changed since what slagpit said.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Riddler Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 22:51:23

bstrong, thanks for seeing things my way

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 23:30:50

But as always, everything is a case by case scenario.
The Death Knights

XI

blid

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2015, 0:01:31

bstrong knows what he's talking about
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Nerrus Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 3:19:38

If they removed Relations from Primary; I'd play there too :-P
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 3:33:53

Originally posted by bstrong86:
Cherry picking is a very grey area.

Lets say

A double taps B

B falls.short on KR on A

Within a short time player C finishes the kill on A. But B didnt ask.him too, i would feel inclined to delete C. If C was never hit by A.

Its not really inline with solo play, IMO.

Its also hard to tell if B did or didnt ask. To many outside sources of communication to really know for sure. To me, falling to the side of caution is deleting C.

Sorry but if the rules are not broken and no proof of coordination..... Deleting says you convict without evidence.

This disgusts me and makes me think you fail as a mod... Sorry... But guilty when proven... Not be otherwise

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 3:36:39

And if you want to lose player base... Keep being jury and exexecutioner. Enforce the rules as they are written or stop modding. Plain and simple

Or update the rules... Again sorry my 2 cents

yylim80sss Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 3:39:48

hmmm

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 4:54:42

Sorry netsquash

Your argument is invalid

In the case of a grey area (like dr abuse or other things) we reserve the right to make judgement.

Yes it's arbitrary.

If you are unsure feel free to ask in private prior to taking actions or just don't do it.
If you think someone else is in violation, report them ingame.
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 4:56:44

Also if someone finishes a kill shortyly after someone stopped. It is usually fairly obvious what is happening.
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 5:00:14

Before i was modded. I reported a scenario like what i was explaining. In that case both were deleted. Only one was restored. Which was the first country to start hitting me. The second stayed deleted.
The Death Knights

XI

currydubs Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 5:33:39

Your argument also insinuates that killing a country without provocation is a deletable offense.

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 5:40:33

No im not. Please re read what i have posted.
The Death Knights

XI

currydubs Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 5:52:42

Your assumption is B checks if A has been hit.

Using the argument of the timeline of attacks to cherrypick a kill is nullified on the express server due to its pace.

Please use some logic.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2015, 6:55:49

Originally posted by currydubs:
Your argument also insinuates that killing a country without provocation is a deletable offense.

Not quite...

He (bstrong) said 'inclined' to delete. Which seems logical to me.

Inclined - verb.
feel willing or favorably disposed toward (an action, belief, or attitude).

IMO, if you decide to attack more than 1 country more than once, then you deserve getting killed by two countries @ the same time. (One exception: if you message another player on coordinating an attack). If you don't like getting tag teamed in a KR join GDI and don't attack anyone more than once.

Lots of times when I do a KR it takes several hours to store up turns. Just because another player decides to go in for kill and falls short doesn't mean I'm going to change my objective.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2015, 7:04:42

i honestly don't see the big deal of a player cherry picking off another player. If someone wants to make a country with the sole purpose of finishing off other players, go for it.

If you're an EXPRESS player who doesn't like this idea, join GDI and avoid hitting more than one player twice.

It's really that simple.

Edited By: Celphi on Jan 19th 2015, 7:08:41

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2015, 7:21:34

Another thing I've noticed:

Instead of attacking the moderator, perhaps we should have a discussion of the rules. The rules are meant to enhance our experience. If they don't, then perhaps some of them should be changed.

The moderator will always be the jury and executioner. We the players don't have the ability to delete and I don't foresee how we could possibly have a fair voting system on each case. The idea really isn't that bazaar anyways. That's why we have what they call 'bench trials'.

I do believe however, that there should be a community consensus on how the rules should be per server.

An idea:
One final check and balance system probably could include where a couple of senior members of the community (if voted together) could appeal a deletion. But, it's just a brainstorming idea.

Edited By: Celphi on Jan 19th 2015, 7:26:53

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 12:31:23

Originally posted by currydubs:

Your assumption is B checks if A has been hit.

Using the argument of the timeline of attacks to cherrypick a kill is nullified on the express server due to its pace.

Please use some logic.

You apparently dont understand that B is the original attacking country on A. Seeing as A is the origonal aggressor.

If A hits both B n C, neither will be deleted unluss coordination takes place. C will be deleted for an unknowingly help to B. B wont be deleted if he never was hit or was hit. Everyone can start a war. Just dont enter one if you see one has started if you haven't been hit by A. It saves a hastle. Its.borderline. and i can almost.guarantee you it will be reported. And a response and investigation into the news will happen.
The Death Knights

XI

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 17:46:05

I don't know about anyone else, but if I see a country several turns from death, I'm more than likely going to finish it off, even if that country did nothing to me. Just because I'll add another tick to my kill stats, and because I'd want to steal the kill from the original victim, and also because I can.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 19th 2015, 19:51:03

Also if someone finishes a kill shortyly after someone stopped. It is usually fairly obvious what is happening.

Not so, it's called camping, I know you know that, plus...

Originally posted by NukEvil:
I don't know about anyone else, but if I see a country several turns from death, I'm more than likely going to finish it off, even if that country did nothing to me. Just because I'll add another tick to my kill stats, and because I'd want to steal the kill from the original victim, and also because I can.

If you don't want to be picked off by someone other than the guy you're warring... join GDI, it's there...

I'm on Nuke's side of this gray fence!
(•_•)

currydubs Game profile

Jan 19th 2015, 20:18:11

You apparently dont understand that B is the original attacking country on A. Seeing as A is the origonal aggressor.

My bad, typo. Your assumption is C checks if A has been hit.

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 4:58:24

Sorry netsquash

Your argument is invalid

In the case of a grey area (like dr abuse or other things) we reserve the right to make judgement.

Your argument is invalid... my goodness do you have a grade 11 education... clearly the IQ is not all there. I'm very passionate because you are being defensive instead of taking the high road and having a mature conversation. I'm right you are wrong.. gfy... see ya bye

Good luck keeping earth empires going... what a joke you admins/mods are if you keep this low IQ mentality going

Again sorry.. but if you really care about this game and volunteer your time.. you work with the people who play and support and not stick out your.... well... ya know and be big daddy and make the decisions

Reserve the right to make judgement = lose lose in 95% of situations. It should be used as an exception to the stated rules... not as a power hungry powerplay

Again i stress... work with the players.. or the game you love will be gone due to your lack of respect for the players who support it

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2015, 7:40:45

Hey Net, I respect you man, because of your knowledge of the game & how you looked out for me when I first began the game; but, let's not resort to character bashing. That's not like you. Let's attack the issues.

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 20th 2015, 23:58:29

I like to hold hot heads with power accountable.... This Grey area nonsense doesn't fly with me

Maybe I might have to prove a point to force your hands. Lay off the power trip or update the rules. Or be like a ref in nfl that doesn't throw a yellow flag on heresay unless there is proof

Cherry picking all the way baby..... Force your hands one way or the other mods.... Then maybe GDI will just be forced on everyone when you realize that your ways are invalid. just his server is on life support... Let's just finish it off

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 0:02:39

And celphi when I get mature responses instead of low IQ bash backs with invalid and a hard line... Darn right I will ride them on this issue. We can focus on the issue if they are open, talk about it, and be transparent

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2015, 0:08:00

Originally posted by Netsquash:
I like to hold hot heads with power accountable.... This Grey area nonsense doesn't fly with me

Maybe I might have to prove a point to force your hands. Lay off the power trip or update the rules. Or be like a ref in nfl that doesn't throw a yellow flag on heresay unless there is proof

Cherry picking all the way baby..... Force your hands one way or the other mods.... Then maybe GDI will just be forced on everyone when you realize that your ways are invalid. just his server is on life support... Let's just finish it off

I'm with you, we need transparency, shady grey area already killed team server, DON'T KILL EXPRESS TOO!!!
(•_•)

Nerrus Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 7:19:41

Looks like the only ways to bring about change is to abuse the system? Sigh.
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 21st 2015, 13:37:37

Originally posted by Nerrus:
Looks like the only ways to bring about change is to abuse the system? Sigh.

I want express to stay.. it just seems you need to ruffle some feathers until some common sense prevails.

Status quo works fine... Mod's getting their hands dirty is where the problem is. If you don't have GDI.. its your own fault to get cherry picked.... unless there is evidence of co-ordination. Same with GDI and multi tap several targets.

The onus needs to be put on the mods here... not the players who fear of being deleted because they did not check the news that someone else is KR'ing the same multi tapper (who tapped you and other guy)... and if bstrong sees or warster within 2 hours... they are gonzee. God forbid... beg on the forum and PM fast before they see it.

bwhahahaha... im such an arsephat.... but you know the previous paragraph is true