Nerrus Game profile

Jan 17th 2015, 15:22:25

Would I be right in pumping up:

1)Military, Business & Residential first, then

2)Military Strategy, Weapons & Spy second, then

3) Medical?

Anything else I'm missing?
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Jan 17th 2015, 15:26:48

Tech what's selling high, and buy the other stuff to make your turns more profitable. Stock tech all set.

Nerrus Game profile

Jan 17th 2015, 15:55:38

I notice on Express Business & Residential are the best for buying/selling throughout the round, but when it comes to the ones I need i.e. Military, Military Strategy, Weapons & Spy and Medical its either too expensive or too scarce :-(
^..^ Surren ^..^

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2015, 18:23:52

DFA / Ebert00 is the leading tech xpert on EXPRESS.

Logic tells me that teching tech that sells and benefits your country the most is the way to go.

RES/BUS - can make 2 mil a turn worth 8 mil net in 1000 turns.

WEAPONS- means you can use less oil to attack, fewer jets to attack and fewer turrets to defend. Overall, saving $$ per turn via expenses.

MILITARY - means smaller expenses, chances to buy / resell food on pm / high demand at end of set / helps with destocking

Are the only ones I would tech. With their order signifying their importance.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2015, 22:10:04

I teched like 10 turns of mil. strategy, just to boost my gains on a few retals I had to do

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 1:32:44

You need to pay attention to the market.

You will tech Bus/Res, Industrial and Agri the most - these are the techs in which high volumes sell throughout the set.

Military is worthwhile but very much secondary to the main sellers.

Don't bother with Medical.

Weapons is certainly useful but not a huge priority.

Spy depends on how things have gone early on. If things have gone well you have less need of Spy. If you have a slower start you can find yourself teching up Spy early on to try to avoid failed spy missions (which are a real bore to a techer).

It is worth spending the odd turn on Military, Spy and SDI as the set progresses because late on these are the best selling techs and it is a good idea to have a good base level in them so as to take advantage of the market when the volume sales in those techs start up. And meanwhile the points you put into these techs strengthen your country.

All of which is subject to the point that you must watch the market. Last set in Alliance Mil Tech was about the best selling tech for a month or more (presumably because those making multiple hits on bots wanted to improve their gains). Ayway, whatever the reason, a techer must be attuned to the particular market into which they are selling. No fixed rule can supplant that.

Nerrus Game profile

Jan 18th 2015, 6:27:40

Merci beaucoup d'amis :-)
^..^ Surren ^..^