Verified:

timmie Game profile

Jan 5th 2015, 22:46:14

We had block war after block war, both sides trying to push the other side out. Trying to push pacts and alienate each other. I don't want to revist the hate. But seriously what good was any of it? All the hate, the push to win. To drive the other side down, I guess you see it as wining or loosing, but all I see is another 100 players GONE.

SOL - you still maintained 44 ish members, but with your strong pacting to MD and i believe laf you dont have an even enemy. Unless multiple tags group but they don't want a loosing war in fear of loosing membership(which is happenin)

MD - you've gone from 55ish now to 43. Again in the same position as sol. You have no even war.

SOF - gone from 60 to 17? Wtf. They haven't gone to other tags so what's happened. If they quit the game then fluff something needs to change. Having 9 wanting to war and tagging over. The rest wanting to net In peace, they all get tag killed what the fluff!

LAF - gone from high 50's 2 sets ago now to 35ish? I know you got caught up in alot of the mess. But membership drops as well?

Rival, omega,danger, evo,monsters, icn, tpa, all have had significant drops in membership.

Its great to see oma and stones recruiting, and imag keeping steady at 10.

I just hate seeing the game dwindle, and so fast.

I used to find the wars amusing, interesting and if actions were taken one set youd know plans were in the works for next set and payback. At has always been a sespool but for me
It was entertaining. Yes the trolls killed it, b
I hope this game can be revived.

Its very sad to see the current state. Not even a friendly can be communicated and executed to please both sides...

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2015, 23:05:15

server population is too low to bother with pacts in any way shape or form
be nice with one another, don't bother pacting and stuff that makes things predictable
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/

Schilling Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 3:04:38

I've seen a lot of 'lose-lose' type situations in the last couple years. Players have left because they didn't see the point in hitting their cash button all set. Others left due to server politics; not wanting to join those they were being beaten by or hold on and fight any longer.
When Monsters agreed to war against SOF, from a leadership standpoint we were in a tight spot. People said they would leave if we didn't war. At the same time I knew we had a low chance of success with the way things were being executed. It seems lots of people walked out on both sides.
The game has always been up and down with numbers from set to set, but even I'm looking at things currently and thinking they're not looking too good. Suggestions are heavy, but implementation is light.

justtaint

Jan 6th 2015, 3:20:45

MD has about 10 members taking this reset off because they wanted to war. As you pointed out, unless we organize a friendly with SOL, a fair war would involve gathering a group of alliances to war with.
SlashMD

Trife Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 3:53:13

if pang put little 100x100 pixel gifs of bouncies boobies in a few spots around the earth interface, i bet you guys a stanley nickel that player counts would increase!

trife is a genius

VicRattlehead Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 3:55:35

LOL rife smartest thing you've maybe ever said

Justtaint, why do you think SOL wouldn't do a friendly with MD?

Home Turf Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 4:04:14

lol
HT

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2015, 4:09:20

bOObs for nOObs program 😛
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Suncrusher Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 4:10:15

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
LOL rife smartest thing you've maybe ever said

Justtaint, why do you think SOL wouldn't do a friendly with MD?

he's not saying we wouldn't he's just saying that's the only way we can keep it to just between two alliances. if i remember correctly we had a friendly planned a few sets back

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 4:32:30

Haven't looked at the server numbers here in a while. That's sad to see. Primary has also dropped off hard the last few sets. I think it was under 200 actual playing countries last round.
The EEVIL Empire

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 10:50:26

I've only been around for the last three Alliance sets, my main experience of Earh is from the long ago, like many of us. Contrasting then to now, it is a lot more fun now because then the game was primarily played by youngsters and while they brought youthful vigour they also cheated like mad as kids do. It spoiled the game.

There is no cheating now and the game is played with a lot of maturity. Strategies and tactics have been refined. There is a lot of skill in evidence. It is a pleasure to cross swords with skilled players.

The Alliance server has become rather static. I agree that pacts play their part in this. As far as I can see the major clans pact with practically everyone. They are not deterred by the fact that this leaves their members with no targets save untagged people and what are called "spam tags".

There is little land grabbing done. Voracious bottom feeding takes place and land trading has been evolved to replace land grabbing.

Because there is little land grabbing people reduce expenses. It is silly to carry a lot of mlitary when you don't expect to have to defend your land. If a hit comes along it gets called a top feed or suiciding and the player hit is outraged. They talk of their set being spoiled.

In the midst of this people are having fun. To land trade well is as difficult as to grab well. Clan politics allow folk to sound off with lengthy posts on AT and to do a certain amount of wheeling and dealing. But a bit more variety might be welcome.

Bots are an interesting experiment. They may lead to a measure of change.

Whether more variety would have much affect on numbers I rather doubt. The game does not attract youngsters now and I can't see that changing. They play League of Legends and such like. And there are not so many mature game players, the ones there are have found their favourites.

People who played long ago find their way back for a time and that will go on. So numbers can go up marginally as well as down. But I doubt that trying to engineer changes to the way people choose to play on the Alliance server will affect that.

My own plan is to go on having fun here in whatever ways I can find to do so. On the Alliance server that tends to mean finding friends to play with. But also in gaming I like to analyse play and to seek to exploit the patterns that emerge. So lookng for some way to exploit the pattern to be seen on the Alliance server is fun for me, somewhat sterile as that pattern itself may be.

BladeEWG Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 12:52:44

Originally posted by Trife:
if pang put little 100x100 pixel gifs of bouncies boobies in a few spots around the earth interface, i bet you guys a stanley nickel that player counts would increase!

trife is a genius

trife is a marketing wizard!!!!

juice Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 13:25:45

+9000 furious

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jan 6th 2015, 13:56:31

Originally posted by timmie:
We had block war after block war, both sides trying to push the other side out. Trying to push pacts and alienate each other. I don't want to revist the hate. But seriously what good was any of it? All the hate, the push to win. To drive the other side down, I guess you see it as wining or loosing, but all I see is another 100 players GONE.

SOL - you still maintained 44 ish members, but with your strong pacting to MD and i believe laf you dont have an even enemy. Unless multiple tags group but they don't want a loosing war in fear of loosing membership(which is happenin)

Since the beginning of EE there has been an uneven block against SOL and her allies to push them out of the server set after set. Enemy allies didnt change, and friendly allies didnt change for YEARS despite moves made by SOL to change the game atmosphere. It has finally turned around and began with the deletion of RD and the strong bond created with MD.

To me it appears that things for the SoF and allies side began to fall apart when they didn't have a reliable third wheel that always had there noses in there bums each set.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

aponic Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 14:05:46

Sol was left in bad position as they bullied alliances in the run up to what you stated little Italy. It goes back and forth and each time is equally stupid.
SOF
Cerevisi

tellarion Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 14:56:15

Originally posted by aponic:
Sol was left in bad position as they bullied alliances in the run up to what you stated little Italy. It goes back and forth and each time is equally stupid.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 6th 2015, 16:31:54

I plan to add AI NPC's/bots to liven things up a bit
Finally did the signature thing.

Catchy Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 17:20:41

Next set?

aponic Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 18:09:56

Originally posted by qzjul:

+1
SOF
Cerevisi

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2015, 18:31:01

/me humps QZ vigorously

make sure they retal and go apefluff as needed plz ! :)

Originally posted by aponic:

+1

+1

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 18:48:07

Are they being tested on this server already? Just curious, as I've noticed some countries untagged this reset that seem to follow... not really country name themes, but just similar naming styles (All have two word names, first word adjective, second word noun). All being farmed hard, none fighting back in any way that I can see.

Kalick Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 18:54:50

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

Are they being tested on this server already? Just curious, as I've noticed some countries untagged this reset that seem to follow... not really country name themes, but just similar naming styles (All have two word names, first word adjective, second word noun). All being farmed hard, none fighting back in any way that I can see.

Countries #355 - #378? It looks likely, as these twenty countries were all created at the same time and share a similar name scheme. Probably testing different strats/AI.

mrford Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 21:24:44

Bots are live on FFA and express. Have been for a month or.more.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 21:41:05

They already are?
The Death Knights

XI

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2015, 21:59:32

Originally posted by bstrong86:

They already are?

that cannot be confirmed nor denied >.>

Marshal Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 22:01:07

^is bot
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2015, 22:10:52

^ spambot
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 22:18:25

^n00b
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 22:27:28

now we have spam tags hitting tags netting for no reason at all.

Glooms Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 22:33:32

/humps

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2015, 22:35:12

Originally posted by King_Cobra1:
now we have spam tags hitting tags netting for no reason at all.

Same ones that will fluff & whine next set when they are being farmed hehe
(•_•)

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 22:40:05

yeah I know KoH its ironic how short sided some of these alliances are.

Symac

Jan 7th 2015, 6:14:25

Some of LaF just don't net anymore, some are inactive as fluff...
Some are both. <--- This guy.

Some may have wanted to war.

Don TOB Game profile

Jan 7th 2015, 12:06:03

LOL!

tellarion Game profile

Jan 7th 2015, 13:19:16

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

Why do you think evo was so ducking fat before trading starts? We were farming the everloving crap outta them :)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2015, 14:16:46

This game has been dying for years now. At least as long as Darro Furniture has been going out of business according to their endless going out of business sale.

The main thing killing the game is the alliance policies concerning land and retaliation.

You people get so worked into a lather over land grabs that you can't see what you're doing to each other, and the newer players who just get disgusted after a few sets and leave.

But keep right on going down that road without any thoughts. Just keep on pissing off any potential new players by farming them to death when they are untagged, and then saddling them with unreasonable land policies until they get fed up and then leave, then come up here and post about how the game is dying. Same acts, same results.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!