Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 3:06:20

Why do I see purple?
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

gl hf ds

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 3:10:18

I came here wondering the exact same thing. This guy always goes rep tech start casher, wonder what he's got himself into this set...

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 3rd 2015, 3:16:05

There is something in the deleted countries thread:

"Casacious (#22) - asking others for help to war a country "

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 4:27:31

Ah nice, good to know Furious.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 4:55:30

LOL Warster strikes again!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Home Turf Game profile

Jan 3rd 2015, 9:30:28

Hunh da what
HT

silentwolf Game profile

Jan 3rd 2015, 12:56:23

someone must have ratted on him LOL

u dont have to hit the report button all the time.

sometimes its just best explaining to them.. "hey u cant do that in this server". I do that and point out the rules.. they listen.

:/

its the "tards" that bend the rules need to be purpled :)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 13:09:37

I've spoke to him in game before and he seemed like a cool guy. I would have to agree with SW. He probably didn't know.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 3rd 2015, 13:54:42

the guy has been around long enough to know that you will get deleted if you message others asking for help, doesn't matter if they help or not
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 14:57:25

Originally posted by Warster:
the guy has been around long enough to know that you will get deleted if you message others asking for help, doesn't matter if they help or not

Aye, I hope you don't think I'm critiquing your moderating. He broke the rules and you enforced it. Thanks Warster.

assassinsxcreed Game profile

Jan 3rd 2015, 18:51:35

Huh, I didn't know that was a rule. I wouldn't have asked someone for help anyways though since I specifically picked a server where everyone's for themselves, but still, glad I know now lol.

Btw, going slightly off-topic, I get messaged last round by a guy saying he was willing to "trade," I'm assuming he meant land trade. I don't know what land trading is but it sounds like something that would be against the rules.

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 3rd 2015, 19:12:30

Land trading is where two countries agree to bring their networths as close to each other as possible and then to trade hits.

The land gained and lost will equal out and the two countries will be left with a profit because each will receive a bunch of ghost acres.

It is particularly beneficial when the two countries are each pursuing the same strat - cuts out the cost of rebuilding unwanted buildings.

There is quite a lot of technique involved. I have watched it on the Alliance server. Rather unattractive to my eyes.

And yes, an express agreement to land trade is contrary to the no co-operation rule. It is referred to (by galleri) in the Rule Clarification thread stickied above.

(You wouldn't like it assassinsxcreed - it's for wimps not Express players.)

assassinsxcreed Game profile

Jan 3rd 2015, 19:26:25

That seems cheaty to me, you're right I wouldn't like it haha.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 20:57:49

Why would you say it's for wimps?

Skulls of Dominion Game profile

Jan 3rd 2015, 21:02:25

I wouldnt say wimps although it is a little wimpy, in my opinion its more laziness then anything else.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 21:06:27

It's just another strategy to gain land, it's cheating if conducted in solo servers, falls under cooperation.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2015, 23:36:26

A change of subject:

I think a techer wins this.

Home Turf Game profile

Jan 3rd 2015, 23:51:10

thank you I think I will
HT

BUTTMAN Game profile

Jan 4th 2015, 0:56:51

I ran my normal startup, then converted to techer. I got one round of sales in around $3k per, this was while at roughly 1050 TPT.. a few hours later, tech was selling @ $2100/per. I switched back to farmer and then the food market stagnated while the tech market recovered.

bleh..

Cash

Jan 4th 2015, 15:46:17

I didn't know about the rules at least the entirety of them. I thought when I clicked on "rules" that those were the rules but as I have recently learned those are just the basic rules and not all of them. I understand now that the rest of the rules are posted in forums etc. I admit full well that I was ignorant of the existence of these rules. As a new player I must be honest and admit it's somewhat deceptive. It's disenfranchising that the rules aren't posted entirely.

A simple solution would be to have a rules tab in each game displaying all the rules associated with that game. It's confusing to new players! Believe me I want to follow the rules but its hard if you don't even know what or where they are.

For example, when you click rules at the bottom of the page they say they are the basic rules. This is vague considering it mentions no where of the existence of rules posted in the forums and that those are specific to each game. Again this is just a consideration for new players. I'm just asking for the rules to be easier to see that's all!

I've even msg you Warster telling you this! I didn't know! Has nothing to do with how long I've been here .........

Cash

Jan 4th 2015, 15:50:31

In my opinion Warster made an impulsive and rash decision! He gave me no warning and I even told him I didn't understand what happened! I'm a new player its just a fact so go ahead and marginalize and dismiss me saying "I've been here long enough"... (This is insulting and condescending) Not appropriate!

Not a good Admin in my opinion and I will be filing a formal complaint! Thanks for not responding back to my message either Warster! Is this how new players are treated, like criminals? Is it not possible to be ignorant when your new? Hardly very understanding...

Edited By: Cash on Jan 4th 2015, 15:53:13
See Original Post

grandiii Game profile

Jan 4th 2015, 15:58:50

I see

Cash

Jan 4th 2015, 15:59:40

Just think about it for a second folks! If I really did know the rules then why would I be sending messages I know I will be deleted for? Proof in itself!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 4th 2015, 16:01:08

I have to agree with the confusion for new players. When I started in July, I asked netsquash to attack a player in game. He could have, but he didn't. He could easily reported me. Instead, he told me about the rules (which I didn't know). I respect him for that and I've repaid the respect by informing those who have sent me similar messages. The fortunate part is that express is short and you'll be back soon enough. From Warsters point of view he's merely acting on a report. Perhaps the suggestion of adding no coordination allowed on Express should be mentioned in the rules link rather than the forums sticky.

Cash

Jan 4th 2015, 16:03:51

Thanks, Celphi. It's true it is confusing to new players!

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 4th 2015, 16:12:02

Its sometimes hard to distinguish truth from lies. Who is really to say you did or didnt know? We do our best at up holding the rules and trying to not be biased.

I think the notion that if this was let go, the next person would claim they didnt know. Whether they did or not.

While we recognize it sucks to have your country deleted, we hope it doesnt discourage you from enjoying EE. We all have a job to do and we do our best at being consistent on deletions and what we delete for.
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 4th 2015, 16:14:04

@cash

Sending a message to one express mod may or may not make it to all the.express mods in time.

Warster
Bstrong86
Tellarion
Iccyh

We all help with this server. The message you snlent was eventually seen but after the fact.
The Death Knights

XI

Cash

Jan 4th 2015, 16:17:54

I sent it directly to Warster! I also sent a msg to Tellarion an hour or two before I was deleted asking for help and clarification on the issue. For fluff sake people I msg the admins about it before I was deleted! The records are all there! Does that sound like someone who knew really?

Edited By: Cash on Jan 4th 2015, 16:32:50
See Original Post

Cash

Jan 4th 2015, 16:18:54

Bstrong, I appreciate your feedback however what about the rules not being very clearly posted?

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 4th 2015, 16:30:01

They may not be directly in game but they are posted on the fourms which coincide with the server

With that said, before i finished reading this thread. I commented in our moderator room about updating each server with the 'rules'

Also, solo servers imply that no team work is allowed. Unfortunate mistake yes, but against the rules to ask others to 'help war'
The Death Knights

XI

Cash

Jan 4th 2015, 16:32:01

I understand. Thank you for listening!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 4th 2015, 17:57:09

Just for some background Cash... About 3 to 4 months ago, lots of blatant coordination on EXPRESS was affecting the server and we did not have any active moderators helping rectify the situation. So try to be sympathetic from Warster's perspective of being active and enforcing the rules. I think Warster acted appropriately based on the rules, but I agree with your opinion as to where the rules should be listed -in the rules section link.

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 4th 2015, 23:01:48

Hmmm.

You have to take what this guy, Cash, says with a pinch of salt.

After he accidentally sent me (his intended target) his message inviting co-operative action ("Should we war on Sweet FA (#123)... For hitting us?") I sent him a message pointing out that co-operative play is not allowed on the solo servers and drawing his attention to the Rule Clarification thread stickied in Express Talk. That would have been the end of the matter except it drew this reply

"Message from Casacious (#22) sent on Jan 02, 19:45

Were not a team, we just have you in common hitting everyone! Your making this yourself. If some of the players want to retal your hits that's not team play! Nice attempt at trying to intimate me by twisting and self interpreting the rules! "

I replied to that one to say that I would report his message and we could get a ruling.

He then sent me a series of messages shifting his ground and trying to say that "war" didn't mean what it said but was just him being interested in whether others would retal.

He has a line "I'm new". It's bollocks. He certainly is unskilled but he has played the game a fair bit - or Mars perhaps. Since his deletion he has restarted and knew enough to have a go at a (half arsed) missile country. You have to have a bit of experience to do that.

I really don't think the mods had any choice. Since the decision to publish the reason for decisions, every deletion has been for this violation. There has to be a measure of consistency in decision making.

The guy has two good points. Maybe a "warning" procedure could be introduced. But this would be time consuming for the mods - who give their time free and gratis. Because a warning has to be documented and monitored. So I m not sure it would be such a good idea. Especially on Express.

Secondly, it is true that the no co-operation rule is a bit hidden away (although not to Cash who had it pointed out to him, but to others) and not wonderfully clear.

On that I say if someone can find the right words for the rule and suggest exactly where the words should go then that would be helpful. Maybe Cash's suggestion is good about that, or bstrong's. Or maybe it should be in-game - where messages are sent perhaps.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 4th 2015, 23:44:45

A warning system would be difficult to maintain.

It would require a database of all violators, which players could simply recreate new accounts over and over.

A better solution would be to simply add it to the details of the Express server. Currently they read:

Multiple Countries
Multiple countries are not allowed.
Clans
Clans are not allowed.
Turn Rate
Turns are given every 4 minutes.
Maximum Turns
Countries can hold a maximum of 360 (360) turns.
Time to Market
The minimum time for market goods to arrive on the market is 0.25 hours. The maximum time is 0.75 hours.
Time on Market
Unsold goods stay on the market for 8 hours.
Planned Strikes
A planned strike brigade is unavailable for 2 hours after launching.
Spyops per Day
A country can carry out a maximum of 120 spy operations per day.
Humanitarians
Humanitarians protest if a country attempts to attack another country which is 12 times bigger or smaller than it.
GDI
The cost of GDI membership is $5 per acre.
Ingame Alliances
Ingame alliances are not permitted.
Government Revision
The Government Revision number of this server is 3.
Major Change Set
The Major Change Set number of this server is 17.
Tournament
This is not a tournament server.

So just add: Coordination with other players of any sort is NOT ALLOWED.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 4th 2015, 23:47:16

Regardless of his intentions, Cash's point of transparency of the rules of express should be outlined with the rest of the rules in 'plain sight'.

silentwolf Game profile

Jan 5th 2015, 0:44:40

who said trading is wrong ?

:p

then lg is technically wrong.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 5th 2015, 2:35:20

Cash i'll reply to you when i have time to do so, everything you said is true, the rules should be clearly stated but that's not my job, that's the admins job, i just enforce the rules.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2015, 3:02:56

Solo server means solo play, asking for help requiring the use of turn(s) is coordination thus warrants deletion.

Not rocket science..
(•_•)

Cash

Jan 5th 2015, 17:45:11

Warster, I appreciate that! Wasn't sure if I was being ignored. My only concern at this point is making the rules easier to see for new players. It seems very preventable in the future. In the end it would only make it more inviting and appealing to new players, something I think everyone can agree on! Thanks everyone for your input.

Netsquash Game profile

Jan 5th 2015, 22:15:05

Originally posted by Celphi:
I have to agree with the confusion for new players. When I started in July, I asked netsquash to attack a player in game. He could have, but he didn't. He could easily reported me. Instead, he told me about the rules (which I didn't know). I respect him for that and I've repaid the respect by informing those who have sent me similar messages..

x2 Very true story.

The best way to avoid issues is educating newbies and also having the rules ALL stated in one spot.. pref the opening spot so nothing is missed.

I want to see more players play on this server... so I try to be friendly and educate players when i can.... and celphi passed it on so to speak.

Hope you keep playing cash... always welcome fresh meat.... eerrrr new players to this server. Haha j/p... see you on the flip side

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 6th 2015, 12:00:44

Celphi's idea (publish in Express server "Details") is the best.

I have sent a message to qzjul. If Warster thinks the idea good he might do likewise (time allowing).

qzjul can add it to his (formidable) to do list. :)

braden Game profile

Jan 8th 2015, 5:17:15

Originally posted by Warster:

next set i would like to set up a team kill, myself and another. i don't currently play the server, so i couldnt possibly now be deleted.. but also, come next reset, i'll have not asked or requested help.. if you then, by definition choose to join me.. i'm in the clear, you're gambling for yourself, however.

who's down like my dead goose pillow?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 8th 2015, 6:10:19

braden go for it and ill find your country and delete anyone who looks like they are helping you kill others
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

silentwolf Game profile

Jan 8th 2015, 6:24:25

so if i jump in on someone else's kill run.. i can be deleted.

darn..

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2015, 6:43:50

Sniping isn't legal?
(•_•)

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 8th 2015, 6:57:46

I don't think it is as extreme as that.

If you have a clear grievance against a country the mere fact that someone else is attacking it does not seem to me to debar you from seeking your own revenge against it.

But there must be no collusion. The two (or more) people attacking can look at the news and take account of what they see there in deciding how to prosecute their respective attacks but they can't exchange messages discussing how to co-ordinate their attacks or share spy reports or do anything else which involves the two (or more) co-operating.

That is how I understand the rule to work in cases like this. Unless I get told to the contrary.

If the grievance was one carried over from a previous set then I think, were I modding, I would consider joining in to be a form of collusion. But I guess things like that really need a body of experience to build up before it becomes clear exactly how the rule aught to work. Consistency in modding (and the publication of very brief reasons as now occurs) will certainly help.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jan 8th 2015, 7:04:46

I want to snipe bradens kill..
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2015, 7:12:46

I want to snipe Jon's snipe attempt on braden's kill 😛
(•_•)

silentwolf Game profile

Jan 8th 2015, 7:17:52

i am in gdi.. cant snipe fluff :/

Skulls of Dominion Game profile

Jan 8th 2015, 7:41:36

I thought i read somewhere that you can get deleted for sniping. I would double check before you try.