Verified:

wanttokill Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 1:35:48

Seems as you guys took another stepp to totally kill this great war game.
Its very sad to see after playing it for 15 years..

Afraid of honest war competition i guess. Soon there will be a great game with zero players.

wanttokill Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 1:44:53

Sorry about the vodka spelling :P
Still some good whining tho!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 23rd 2014, 2:04:29

It's not a war game.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 2:27:15

ewpp doesn't prevent wars totally, it just prevents early wars since some-many players have better things to do than sit in warchat ~2 months few hrs per day and wake up middle of night to wall.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

farmer Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 2:55:42

many years ago maybe but now just die and restart!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 3:03:11

yes but more you defend (wake up in the middle of night to wall) better your restart is.

mrford Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 12:58:23

Pretty sure every game in existance rewards activity and effort.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Souly Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 13:19:16

it's to prevent the oop wars which we all know are crap. There is mocu more fun to be had in a war if you have a slightly developed country or so i believe.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 13:29:17

sadly not totally sure, lately there has surfaced games which are meant to play ~10 mins per day or just a once a week and rest of time game is idling and and generating money (whatever is game's equivalent of it) which players then spend on buildings, upgrades etc.

back to earth: there is difference if walls ~1k hits and country gets killed or country gets killed after ~200 hits w/o walling.

mrford Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 13:32:00

Originally posted by Marshal:
sadly not totally sure, lately there has surfaced games which are meant to play ~10 mins per day or just a once a week and rest of time game is idling and and generating money (whatever is game's equivalent of it) which players then spend on buildings, upgrades etc.

back to earth: there is difference if walls ~1k hits and country gets killed or country gets killed after ~200 hits w/o walling.

Pretty sure even in those games you are describing an active player still has an avantage..... what you just described could be Earth with turns instead of money.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

archaic Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 13:51:05

This is not a rule, it is a pact. Much like all pacts and alliances that have existed in this game - this one has a shelf life. Eventually one of two things will happen. A group will splinter off and defy it, they will grow in power and eventually overturn it; or a group of signatories will conspire to perform an act of treachery on the other signees in an attempt to wrest control of the server. If somebody has Palpatine like skills, they may even be able to orchestrate both.

Just how much does the anger flow through you WTK?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Ruthie

Dec 23rd 2014, 17:57:47

If you didn't know the EWP existed, are you even playing?

Just curious.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

aponic Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 18:41:00

everyone was burned out from early wars. this is a pact and people have to renew it at some point. stop your god damn fluffing. its just annoying.
SOF
Cerevisi

Marshal Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 20:49:51

Originally posted by mrford:

Pretty sure even in those games you are describing an active player still has an avantage..... what you just described could be Earth with turns instead of money.

active player has small advantage (can buy buildings/upgrades bit earlier although prices skyrocket pretty quickly (much faster than income)) but it gets pretty much negated that non-active players get fluffloads of money when they "return" to game and get to ~same level as actives with that money besides active players using boosters (if those are in game) provided by buildings to get short income boosts to get more money (different thing if gets enuf money to buy building/upgrade).

yea earth is "idle" game but that's due we use turns to do things not just spending money to buy buildings and upgrades and in true idle game buildings provide income/units/whatever no matter if player is away or online, players just needs occasionally log in and buy more buildings and upgrades.

XiQter

Dec 25th 2014, 12:34:07

Just curious if this great game you speak of WTK was so awesome why did you leave?

Suncrusher Game profile

Dec 25th 2014, 16:45:39

Originally posted by XiQter:
Just curious if this great game you speak of WTK was so awesome why did you leave?

major Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 5:41:09

this pact expires at current set end...

anyway, SOL and her allies rock, the EWPP was needed to save alliances that lack the skill, leadership and commitments to be competitive as opponents.

tellarion Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 12:35:38

Originally posted by major:
this pact expires at current set end...

anyway, SOL and her allies rock, the EWPP was needed to save alliances that lack the skill, leadership and commitments to be competitive as opponents.

The ewpp was needed to stop the same bullfluff cycle of brinkmanship that led to a server war that was boring as fluff and saw alliances hemorrhage players left and right.

ninong Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 19:50:41

sooo, what happened the past few sets? which alliances triggered this and who were on the winning/losing end?
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Dec 27th 2014, 19:28:35

change the date from day 29 to day 15? The idea was as stated above... prevent d8 wars that suck...
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

aponic Game profile

Dec 27th 2014, 19:32:41

As the midway point of the current and last set covered by the current eqpp is approaching, it will be prudent for all signing alliances to consider renewal of the pact (if desired) and what changes they would like to see in the wording.
SOF
Cerevisi

wanttokill Game profile

Dec 29th 2014, 9:18:49

Aight, good info thanx!
Yeah i've been gone for a while, but im back playing now.
First long break i had i think.

I figured this EWPP BS was made up by scared little people who is afraid to compete and be so good and fair that nobody would war them early :)
Glad it will end without having to make a fuzz about it.
You guys know how i like to suicide dirty little netters :P (Thats a personal note and not the voice of my clan)

As always, go play sim city if you don't enjoy war games!