Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 16th 2014, 23:32:06

So does he have a chance?

My impression is that the Bush brand is a little tarnished from the whole fluffty economic policy + bad wars + general move toward living in a police state from the W days and it will be hard for him to overcome.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 16th 2014, 23:33:27

Politics is dead. Demipubs or Repubicrats are all the same.

There should be a no politics rule on these forums. Or maybe I should just visit less often. meh

Oceana Game profile

Dec 16th 2014, 23:36:17

Jeb might have a hard time getting his own party, He not liked by the Conservative arm of the party.

Hneftafl Game profile

Dec 16th 2014, 23:51:03

He will get tea-bagged for sure.
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2014, 0:07:57

I don't think he can survive the primaries, but I would LOVE to see him run just for the entertainment value watching the leftist outlets blow their fuses 😁
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

mrford Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 0:12:00

you watch the CBS evening news or something? they were just talking about this fluff.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2014, 0:13:22

Nah, I'm working hehe
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

mrford Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 0:14:54

i was asking the canadian OP, but thanks for your answer as well.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 17th 2014, 0:29:36

No, I saw that he announced he's creating an exploratory committee or whatever on some site while I was reading about the attacks in Pakistan :-/

I don't watch American news either way

But I was curious about whether he actually has a chance.

Edited By: Pang on Dec 17th 2014, 0:40:14
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Little Joker Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 0:32:03

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
I don't think he can survive the primaries, but I would LOVE to see him run just for the entertainment value watching the leftist outlets blow their fuses 😁

Yes at least they will have something to talk about.

Fallen Haven Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 0:57:27

Bush was really big in the early 90's
Bush was smaller in the 2000's
Most go Bush-less now
I think we should keep it that way

braden Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 1:27:07

brazil for president twenty sixteen?

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 1:27:54

Politicians seem really naff.

To stand for election we need to make it a requirement that the candidate take the Carmelite vows - chastity, poverty and obedience.

Obedience to what I don't really know but something not their own ludicrous egos.

Any of them found later to own two pennies will be summarily executed and any found with their trousers/skirts down will be castrated.

I'm not sure who we will get after this reform but hell, whoever it is can't be any worse than the Bushes and Blairs and Putins of this world.

Riddler Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 1:28:55

Originally posted by Hneftafl:
He will get tea-bagged for sure.

THIS!

Zorp Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 3:42:52

At first I thought it was funny. A third bush in as many decades? LOL!

We need to amend the constitution to say that if your last name is Bush, you can't be the POTUS. I mean fluffing SERIOUSLY? JEB fluffING BUSH? ANOTHER fluffING BUSH?!?!

fluff off.

mdevol Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 3:52:16

The word on the street is that Romney is exploring a possibility to run again. If he does, he wins the Republican ticket. The Democrats would LOVE Bush to get in as they would see it as an easy win. That said, it would be a move that the establishment Republicans would make. They are pretty stupid.

The better question is, does any republican hopeful have the balls to use Elizabeth Warren's history against her? She is going to be the Democratic candidate in a landslide, sadly. The similarity with her and Obama is that they both have controversial histories that they are hiding. The difference with her is that it was already brought up 4 years ago and she refused to release the college documents. She will have to address it eventually and saying "yea, i knowingly falsified my heritage to get preferential treatment in my education admissions status, exploiting affirmative action policies" albeit the truth, isn't gonna fly.

Rand Paul or some other constitutionalist running as an independent would get serious consideration as a presidential nominee if he/she could gather the fundraising for it. In the era of government scanda after government scandal, running for smaller govt and less intrusion would work. With the right financial support. Ironically, the expansion of the limit one can spend in a campaign that was just umped into this federal spending bill, would work to benefit a 3rd party more than it would the major parties.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Angel1 Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 14:11:13

Jeb Bush has several issues to contend with:

1. Common Core: Jeb Bush is a big proponent of common core which is seen as a major federal intrusion into state affairs. This is actually easy to side step. By simply declaring that education is a state issue and that he would not intrude from the White House.

2. Comprehensive Immigration Reform: This will hurt with those further to the right. No Republican that is completely honest is going to win easily with the far right on this issue, but a carefully worded position could be a winning argument with libertarians, moderates, and centrists without doing too much harm on the far right. By declaring a position that he believes in the right comprehensive immigration reform, not just any comprehensive reform, Bush could stake out a good position here. Part of this would be to say that we can't just deport all the illegal immigrants because this would take too many resources to achieve and would be fiscally irresponsible. Another part would be to say that the law should ensure that this is the last time we normalize the status of millions of illegal immigrants and this would be achieved by security reform and legal immigration reform.

3. Bush name: Legitimate or not. Regardless of how you personally feel, there are enough people who have a visceral dislike for the Bush name to cause problems in the general election. This will be an issue in the primaries because of electability. To counter this, Bush will have to stake out more moderate positions to show that he's electable, but this will lose him the far right. He's going to have to get the middle of the country to treat him as separate from his brother and this will not be an easy task to do without losing too much credibility within the Republican Party.

Overall, his chances of winning are not as high as they should be based on the merits, but he could very likely gain enough of a following to play nominee-maker by bowing out and throwing his support behind one of the remaining candidates after the first few primaries and caucuses.
-Angel1

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2014, 20:27:05

Yum, this popcorn is delicious...

/eat
(•_•)

Trife Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 20:38:13

Any bush is too much bush.

A landing strip perhaps, but any bush = no

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2014, 21:10:02

Agreed!
(•_•)

Heston Game profile

Dec 17th 2014, 23:02:48

No. Bush sucks. Everyone sucks.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Dissident Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 21:52:33

Elizabeth Warren 2016!!!

Twain Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 22:23:05

Angel: I'm very amused that you placed an educational policy as one of the biggest issues for Bush. For the most part, education isn't really ever an important national issue and Common Core is no more in the public eye than No Child Left Behind was. As much as I'd love for people to actually care enough about education to make it an issue that might actually sway one's vote in a national campaign, his support for Common Core won't be what makes or breaks his chances at the White House.

Having said that, I do think Bush is in danger of being pushed out by the tea party part of the Republican party. The good thing is that with Iowa and NH being the first two big states, if he could actually show well there, he might still have a path to winning the primary simply by having some of the tea party favorites (whoever they end up being) get knocked out.

I think the real risk for Bush is that someone like Rand Paul puts up a strong showing in those early states as well.

BladeEWG Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 22:46:01

You don't think Hillary's going to get the nomination?
Think that's almost a lock
You get Bill back in some capacity also and the Dems love him

I don't think Jeb will be anything , too much baggage on that name
Romney should get it and might just pull it off running on the" should have picked me the last time" agenda

I love politics!!!!!!!!

Angel1 Game profile

Dec 25th 2014, 2:56:22

Twain: In a general election, you are correct. In a general election, common core will quickly fade to a non-issue. However, that's not Jeb Bush's first stop. Jeb Bush's first stop is to win the Republican nomination. This is an issue that riles up Republican voters. He has to knock this issue out or it will nag him and cost him a few votes here, a few votes there through every Republican caucus or primary. He has to face this issue face on and put it down quickly and permanently or it could end his campaign for the Republican nomination by a death of a thousand cuts.
-Angel1

Willm5 Game profile

Dec 25th 2014, 3:58:36

Hunh?

BLUEEE Game profile

Dec 25th 2014, 10:03:23

its just Red vrs Blue.

BladeEWG Game profile

Dec 25th 2014, 22:47:46

Bill Clinton as Sec of State!

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 26th 2014, 0:21:59

Originally posted by mdevol:

The better question is, does any republican hopeful have the balls to use Elizabeth Warren's history against her? She is going to be the Democratic candidate in a landslide, sadly. The similarity with her and Obama is that they both have controversial histories that they are hiding. The difference with her is that it was already brought up 4 years ago and she refused to release the college documents. She will have to address it eventually and saying "yea, i knowingly falsified my heritage to get preferential treatment in my education admissions status, exploiting affirmative action policies" albeit the truth, isn't gonna fly.
lol an actual birther

farmer Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 0:57:31

I would rather have Bush than Romney. I that might not be saying much I don't like either.

Hawkster Game profile

Dec 27th 2014, 17:23:56

Does he have a chance? Sure, but it is a very small one. I do not see him even winning the Republican primaries and the Republican nomination.

To me this is a good thing. Jeb did a pretty good job as governor (I lived there at the time), and I can see him being good in other state politics, but nationally I just dont see it happening. I dont see Jeb being able to reach across and appeal to such diverse groups, and although he is likable, charming is not word to describe him so he doesnt have that to help appeal either. Most Presidents have had charm, at least at one point before they screw it up and get people disliking them after they get elected.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Dec 28th 2014, 1:55:19

Originally posted by Pang:
So does he have a chance?

My impression is that the Bush brand is a little tarnished from the whole fluffty economic policy + bad wars + general move toward living in a police state from the W days and it will be hard for him to overcome.

Oh no! Not another Bush, anything but that!
Do as I say, not as I do.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 29th 2014, 2:51:02

Originally posted by BLUEEE:
its just Red vrs Blue.

Dumb vs Dumber
(•_•)

Truss Game profile

Dec 29th 2014, 12:42:01

no more Bush.

MauricXe Game profile

Dec 29th 2014, 17:26:38

I'm a liberal, and I suppose a Democrat by default, and I do NOT want to vote for Hiliary. I don't want to vote for Jeb, or Rand Paul.

I would vote for Warren but she isn't running.

At the end of the day, I'll probably vote for the D...only because the alternative is more unbearable.

trumper Game profile

Dec 29th 2014, 18:07:52

Originally posted by MauricXe:
I'm a liberal, and I suppose a Democrat by default, and I do NOT want to vote for Hiliary. I don't want to vote for Jeb, or Rand Paul.

I would vote for Warren but she isn't running.

At the end of the day, I'll probably vote for the D...only because the alternative is more unbearable.

You're certainly a Democrat if you're voting for a D regardless of choice. I tend to vote R, but I like to keep my options open in case it's an extremely moderate and good experienced D.

MauricXe Game profile

Dec 29th 2014, 19:43:08

Originally posted by trumper:

You're certainly a Democrat if you're voting for a D regardless of choice. I tend to vote R, but I like to keep my options open in case it's an extremely moderate and good experienced D.

I don't believe the Republicans will field a candidate that's 'good enough' for me.

I hear Jeb Bush is promising...I'll have to do a little more research on him.