Verified:

archaic Game profile

Dec 21st 2014, 16:22:32

Ford should move to Singapore, it's very safe there. The police do a great job of keeping everything under control in Singapore, there is no liberal media, no crime because they have the death penalty for pretty much everything, no protests, no drugs, and I bet no drunk drivers.

Unlike America's police that have to set up checkpoints and go on fishing trips hoping to find crime so they can use all of their SWAT gear. Poor American police having to try to circumvent that pesky constitution all the time. Fortunately, Americans are so ignorant of their rights, American cops don't have to resort to actual police state tactics to trample on them yet.

If we ever get an education system as good as Singapore, our cops are going to have to really crack down.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2014, 19:01:09

Originally posted by mrford:
my wife, then girlfriend, was nearly killed by a drunk driver. you will find no sympathy from me. ill accept the once every few months inconvenience of going through a checkpoint if it acts as a deterrence or causes a few people to decide to take a cab.

if you cant afford a cab, you cant afford the DUI ticket. act responsible.

if that makes me pretentious, then so be it. thankfully your dumbass doesnt drive anywhere near my family.
fluff your family...nobody gives a fluff dude
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Dec 21st 2014, 21:14:31

Stay classy jayr. As always.

I don't even know how to respond to that misrepresentation of my point Archaic
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2014, 21:59:47

With assholes like u around i find it nearly impossible to stay "classy" mrford
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Dec 21st 2014, 22:03:01

I hope one day soon you reevaluate your life choices. Till then keep on being the bitter blight on society you are. With that said I'm done with your hateful little self. Carry on
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2014, 22:27:03

Well since i have ur permission now...fluffin retard
wasn't me...

archaic Game profile

Dec 22nd 2014, 0:08:30

Jayr, FYI please don't misconstrue my trolling of mrford as an endorsement of your douchebaggery. You are a parasitic blight little man, a parasitic blight on all of mankind.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:31:25

Like I stated before, driving is a privilege, not a right and our safety ranks at the top of government duties, therefore check points should be exempt from what these cats are doing, there's a time and a place for everything, the only time I would pull that stunt is if the official is being a complete ass, that's when I'll do it, and when backup arrives I'll be more than happy to tell the other officials why I'm being a fluff.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2014, 2:44:58

lol...everybody loves meeeee!!!!!
wasn't me...

Oceana Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 10:42:01

Yes, Driving is a Privilege, not a Right:

14th Amendment:
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

archaic Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 13:55:28

Oceana may have just won the Marshal award.

Zorp Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 17:02:06

Lol Oceana. The 14th Amendment has been used both to affirm and deny the rights of drivers in the US. It's been a source of contention since automobiles were incepted. Many courts spread out throughout the last 100 years have said US citizens have an absolute right to travel using a motor vehicle on the highways without restrictions.

Twain Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 21:46:50

Originally posted by Oceana:
Actually the ruling allowing checkpoints didn't state they were constitutional. If anything it clearly implied they were unconstitutional, but only slightly, so it was Acceptable.
"the weight bearing on the other scale -- the measure of the intrusion on motorists stopped briefly at sobriety checkpoints -- is slight. "

So I'm guessing: "Shall Not Be Violated" really means "Shall Slightly Be Violated"

Must just be a typo in the 4th:
“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

I'm not really weighing in on the issue, but I am weighing in on one aspect of this.

I hate when people use the above argument and say something that has been adjudicated in front of SCOTUS is actually unconstitutional despite the SCOTUS allowing it.

The very definition of whether something is constitutional or not is defined by the Supreme Court's judgment of what the Constitution means, so no, it's not unconstitutional if the Supreme Court ruled otherwise, no matter what you or anyone else, with your vast legal knowledge that clearly outweighs that of people like John Roberts and Ruth Bader Ginsberg, thinks.

Dissident Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 22:34:27

I'm a little bit torn on this topic...

Personally I have trouble with annoying people who are trying to do their jobs (especially law enforcement officials). It seems as if these people could have just said "yes I'm American" and moved on with their days. Instead they decided to be obtuse deliberately... this isn't about police state. If it was police state, everyone in the video would have gotten bootfluffed immediately in front of their families. but it didnt happen... not saying it couldnt... just that it didnt.

That said, I understand the slippery slope of stop checks for immigration or drunk driving or whatever. It's when the police assume they have a right to search your trunk without consent is when I have a problem. But... they are within their rights to ask you to submit to a search... or ask you questions. If they just want to ask me a question, I'll just answer it. If I have nothing to hide, I may as well just move the whole process along faster without making a commotion.