Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2014, 1:53:47

BEST DUI CHECKPOINT REFUSALS: http://youtu.be/yEjmfKJvMP4

I'm soooooo tempted, but it's so much easier and faster to show documentation...

Discuss...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BUTTMAN Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 2:06:44

D i. C k move.. They're not out to get you.. On the contrary they're trying to keep you safe. Do people understand these checkpoints arent set up on a whim? It takes local and state clearance. The first guy wasted more of his time claiming he 'didnt have time' than he would have following instructions. Drinking and driving isnt a joke.. False bravado all over the place. No offense to you personally.

Edited By: BUTTMAN on Dec 18th 2014, 2:09:53
See Original Post

Riddler Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 2:16:15

People are fluffing idiots. No wonder cops get so pissed off and often resort to violence these days, they're just trying to do their job and assholes like these got to fluff with them. It's seriously an epidemic of stupidity lately.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 2:29:33

Watched more of the video... /Shakes head

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2014, 2:33:52

I totally agree 100%, I find it interesting that we have such loopholes where in the name of freedom these folks drive away, it's so much easier to obey than throwing the constitutional loopholes, illegal aliens can easily get thru check points, sober enough motorists can continue thru and kill an innocent bystander in the next corner, disease infested produce make it into next state and contaminate healthy crops and on and on....

But it is still tempting... but it would take a real asshole and I'm not sure I'm one just yet...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 18th 2014, 3:23:38

Ive watched dozens of these videos, but not this one.

If you support giving up your rights and being harassed by the gov then you should live in NK or China. Just as you say illegals can easily get through and say they are US citizens, then there is no point to these checkpoints inside the boarder (and a waste of money). These guys also are not cops, they are boarder patrol (not even on the boarder :P).

AND GUESS WHAT is HILARIOUS?! Since you are using your right to not talk or answer questions, you are inadvertently proving that you are indeed an American citizen via exercising these rights! Doh! lmao.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2014, 4:15:51

Originally posted by LittleItaly:

If you support giving up your rights and being harassed by the gov then you should live in NK or China. Just as you say illegals can easily get through and say they are US citizens, then there is no point to these checkpoints inside the boarder (and a waste of money). These guys also are not cops, they are boarder patrol (not even on the boarder :P).

AND GUESS WHAT is HILARIOUS?! Since you are using your right to not talk or answer questions, you are inadvertently proving that you are indeed an American citizen via exercising these rights! Doh! lmao.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
+5,000

I dont know why all these sheeple are marching on the same side as these constitution stomping nazis...might does not make right.
wasn't me...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2014, 4:50:45

Because driving is a privilege, not a right.
(•_•)

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2014, 7:38:39

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
If you look at it like that, so is breathing you moron
wasn't me...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2014, 11:52:02

Originally posted by Jayr:
If you look at it like that, so is breathing you moron

You really are tarded.
(•_•)

Riddler Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 12:39:53

LI these people are just being assholes though. If you aren't breaking any laws what do you have to worry about? I've been pulled over maybe 10 times in my lifetime of driving...(24 plus years of driving legally) have I ever been shot by a cop? no... have I ever been cited for speeding...once but I was definitely speeding. I've never had a cop be disrespectful to me as I have always been respectful to them, they are merely doing their job, no need in being an asshole to them.

Riddler Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 12:43:25

oh and btw it's BORDER

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 18th 2014, 14:42:28

What is funny is that driving and traveling are not the same thing. You are only driving if it is for business, and not personal. There are some whom have not signed the contract of a drivers license and claim the right of travel, and as such, do not have to follow anything that that license bounds them too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...t_under_United_States_law
http://www.freeenterprisesociety.com/right_to_travel.htm

Originally posted by Riddler:
LI these people are just being assholes though. If you aren't breaking any laws what do you have to worry about? I've been pulled over maybe 10 times in my lifetime of driving...(24 plus years of driving legally) have I ever been shot by a cop? no... have I ever been cited for speeding...once but I was definitely speeding. I've never had a cop be disrespectful to me as I have always been respectful to them, they are merely doing their job, no need in being an asshole to them.

IMO they are defending there constitutional rights, and if that is being an asshole in your opinion, then you need to move out of the country (if you live here). Many of the people in the videos do not give attitude, or raise there voice to the agents. It is the agents that get frustrated over educated citizens. That to me is not the definition of an asshole.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

Bombay Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 15:13:02

Freedoms in america are being infringed upon, the whole "If you don't have anything to hide, you would obey just doesn't fly."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks Watch that

VicRattlehead Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 15:13:40

Originally posted by LittleItaly:

This. Why do we immediately forfeit our rights because of suspicion of DUI? Not only are these checkpoints gross violations of our liberties, they are also tremendous wastes of time and resources. I have researched this recently - they are terribly ineffective.

juice Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 15:43:20

Preface: I haven't watched the video, but my thoughts on DUI checkpoints are below:

I understand the whole idea of trying to prevent an accident or tragedy, however, you have to wonder:

1) how many crimes are these police missing while they are standing on the road pulling over people who are not breaking any laws?
2) if these police are not taking time away from their normal patrols, then are they being paid overtime to stand here and catch a few people, while wasting many law abiding citizens time?
3) just because they manage to catch a couple people under the influence, how do they know those people would have cause any problems?
4) do the police arrest people who are not drunk, but are showing signs of being extremely sleep deprived (which is just as bad, or worse, then being drunk)?

This is a waste of time for everyone involved. This is as bad as having a checkpoint on any random sidewalk to check people for guns and then arresting those who do because someone might accidentally get shot.

The only good point about this is that it shows the police out and about working, and not hiding behind some random building doing nothing.

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 15:49:42

Doesn't matter, because the Supreme Court has ruled these DUI checkpoints constitutional because there is not much inconvenience for the drivers being stopped at them (i.e. replacing liberty with a little security).
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

juice Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 16:07:03

alright, i watched the video.

It's not at all about DUI...it's all immigration checkpoints.

On that note...the people refusing to answer the questions and to comply have a very valid point. They are being stopped without any just cause. The people stopping them aren't even able to give a valid reason.

as for the "replacing liberty with security"...that's just another way of saying, "those of us with power will abuse it however we wish, when we wish to do that and there's nothing you can do to stop it, because we hold the power."

If you don't hold the power, you shouldn't allow these people to do this to you, or it just makes it worse for everyone else. Take a stand and fight for your rights, even if it may be a little less convenient.

Trife Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 16:10:14

AM I FREE TO GO?

AM I FREE TO GO!?!?!?!!

AM I BEING DETAINED!??!?!?!?!

AM I FREE TO GO!?!

these dummies irk me. we need more license/dui checkpoints!

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2014, 20:13:06

Originally posted by Trife:
AM I FREE TO GO?

AM I FREE TO GO!?!?!?!!

AM I BEING DETAINED!??!?!?!?!

AM I FREE TO GO!?!

these dummies irk me. we need more license/dui checkpoints!
We need more people that know when a boot is being pressed against their backs...obviously you've already grown accustomed to it.
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 20:19:42

there is a difference between sticking up for your rights, and being a douchebag to a cop

being a douche to a cop will get you charged for something. you can dissagree with a police officer without yelling about the constitution and your rights. you can have conviction in your rights without acting like an asshole to someone in a position of authority.

i have a friend who is like this. he would be extremely combattive with a police officer whenever he was stopped or even when crossing paths with them on the street. it did nothing but make the situations worse. put yourself in the cop's shoes. dont be a douche to them for doing their job. talk to your senator.

in addition, since jayr is a convicted drunk driver, i think his viewpoint on this is quite hilarious. like i said a while back, hopefully when you wreck you are the only person you kill.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 20:21:49

well said, mrford

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2014, 20:23:47

Originally posted by mrford:
there is a difference between sticking up for your rights, and being a douchebag to a cop

being a douche to a cop will get you charged for something. you can dissagree with a police officer without yelling about the constitution and your rights. you can have conviction in your rights without acting like an asshole to someone in a position of authority.

i have a friend who is like this. he would be extremely combattive with a police officer whenever he was stopped or even when crossing paths with them on the street. it did nothing but make the situations worse. put yourself in the cop's shoes. dont be a douche to them for doing their job. talk to your senator.

in addition, since jayr is a convicted drunk driver, i think his viewpoint on this is quite hilarious. like i said a while back, hopefully when you wreck you are the only person you kill.
Like i said a while back, pretentious douchebag.
wasn't me...

Trife Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 20:25:15

On the topic of fighting/yelling with cops at checkpoints:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

mrford Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 20:25:43

my wife, then girlfriend, was nearly killed by a drunk driver. you will find no sympathy from me. ill accept the once every few months inconvenience of going through a checkpoint if it acts as a deterrence or causes a few people to decide to take a cab.

if you cant afford a cab, you cant afford the DUI ticket. act responsible.

if that makes me pretentious, then so be it. thankfully your dumbass doesnt drive anywhere near my family.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Dec 18th 2014, 20:32:12

not to mention the US has some of the most lax DUI standards in the world. 0.08 is extremely lenient when compared to the likes of europe and japan
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BLUEEE Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 5:35:33

"just doing there job" thats exactly what all those nazi officers said when tried them for war crimes.

Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803)
which states: A law repugnant to the Constitution is void.

mrford Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 6:11:54

did you just compare the Nazis committing crimes against humanity with traffic cops manning a DUI checkpoint?

pretty sure the supreme court validated the checkpoints despite your desperate citing of a precedent that set up the very ability of that review. the symbolism is beautiful

Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz
Swagger of a Chupacabra

elvesrus

Dec 20th 2014, 7:10:09

Originally posted by Riddler:
oh and btw it's BORDER

not DUI. watch the video, they're all border checkpoints.

if it's still needed I can quote riddler some more :)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

mrford Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 7:35:38

despite the disparity, im fairly certain my point remains. the supreme court has made many rulings on boarder checkpoints and inside the boarder checkpoints manned by boarder patrol. probably even more substantial than DUI checkpoints. from what i understand, the only thing that was declared unconstitutional was the profiling. checkpoints stop everyone, so profiling is removed.

Edited By: mrford on Dec 20th 2014, 7:42:33
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Zorp Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 7:58:35

mrford, if that were true then how come every single one of these guys was let go? Did you actually watch the video? I admit some of them were douchebags, but most of them seemed level headed and didn't even raise their voices.

Souly Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 12:28:19

ok i'm not an America or anything but i think that the officers don't break any constitutional rights by checking. Also since your car is on a public road i think the public officers, cops and such, should be allowed to check the car without having to have a warrant but this is just a stupid american constitutional right.

PS: i'm not a fan of authority but i think it's better to let the authority do their jobs :P

Zorp Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 12:59:56

Unfortunately the authorities often overstep their bounds.

Oceana Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 13:44:24

Actually the ruling allowing checkpoints didn't state they were constitutional. If anything it clearly implied they were unconstitutional, but only slightly, so it was Acceptable.
"the weight bearing on the other scale -- the measure of the intrusion on motorists stopped briefly at sobriety checkpoints -- is slight. "

So I'm guessing: "Shall Not Be Violated" really means "Shall Slightly Be Violated"

Must just be a typo in the 4th:
“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

Souly Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 13:48:27

yes but what constitutes as probable cause? And that is debatable

PS: So some of you guys are ok with a drunk guy hitting you while driving?

Zorp Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 14:03:55

Originally posted by Souly:

PS: So some of you guys are ok with a drunk guy hitting you while driving?

troll/10

mrford Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 15:49:39

Originally posted by Zorp:
mrford, if that were true then how come every single one of these guys was let go? Did you actually watch the video? I admit some of them were douchebags, but most of them seemed level headed and didn't even raise their voices.

how come every single one of them was let go? is that a serious question? do you understand how checkpoints work? 99% of cars that go through them are let go because they are doing nothing illegal or are not what the checkpont is designed to catch. if they hadnt been constitution thumping they probably would have been let go sooner.

im not sure what point you are trying to make with that statement. there is nothing inconveniencing about random periodical road checkpints for things like manhunts, DUIs, and immigration enforcement. the supreme court upheld their legality in reference to the constitution however some people just seem to think it is against the ideals of a constitution written before any of these technologies were invented. it is a classic case of using the letter of the law to defeat the ideal, and visa versa. i am a redneck gun enthusiast, and i hate big government. i have nothing against a reasonable number of road checkpoints. it isnt like they strip search every traveler and their car. have you ever been through a checkpoint? i have never been stopped for more than say 15 seconds at one disregarding the traffic. maybe boarder control checkpoints are different, but the ones that are inside the boarder i suspect arnt.

Edited By: mrford on Dec 20th 2014, 15:57:39
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Zorp Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 16:35:06

No, I suppose it wasn't a serious question because the point was rhetorical. Let me explain.

The courts have upheld the legality of these stops, however the fact remains that every single one of these people in these videos were let go. So apparently it is also legal to refuse any and all inspection at these stops. Therefor, anybody who's actually doing something wrong can just refuse to be inspected (Hell, one of the guys in the video even had a passenger that sounded Mexican, and that's exactly what these stops were for). This means that the checkpoints will be ineffective, and primarily a source of traffic and hassle for everybody involved.

mrford Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 16:53:01

Sounded mexican? What the stops are for? Lol. Wow dude.

So everyone with a Mexican in their car is subject to search in these checkpoints to and if they arnt then the checkpoints are ineffective?

You don't seem to understand how checkpoints work or the tools officers use to read the actions and body language of the vehicles occupants. Your theories are wild. Roadblocks are not ineffectime as I'm sure the arrest and seizure records will disprove that. Some YouTube video where a dozen people that were acting like fluffs were waived through does not disprove that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Zorp Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 17:08:41

Uhh, yeah. The guy had a Spanish accent. These were immigration stops, making sure everybody is a citizen. Obviously the largest population of illegals is Spanish speaking. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Despite the "tools officers use to read the actions and body language of the vehicle occupants," several people in this one video were shaking and acting nervously, and the officers even commented on it. Nevertheless, they were let go. It did not make a difference. I'm not sure what the tools did here.

You can go ahead and look at the hours upon hours and hours of video of these people ultimately getting waived through.

mrford Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 17:14:33

You still have not provided any evidence as to the ineffectiveness of these checkpoints other than some baiting YouTube videos. The seizure and arrest statistics will disprove you 100% despite your apparent willingness to racially profile at traffic stops, lol. Im sure someone who created a video titled "BEST DUI CHECKPOINT REFUSALS" was sure to include all the ones where the excuses and constitution thumping didn't work because their suspension was sitting on the bump stops. Oh wait...

There is the only thing here unconstitutional and it is what you are advocating in racial profiling. Gloriois! Boarder patrol isn't just there to catch illegals bro.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Zorp Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 19:16:48

Research on the subject is mixed, some studies recommend other methods are far better in terms of effectiveness. Most studies found little to no effect.

mrford Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 19:22:19

Measuring the effect would have to be fairly difficult. What you can measure are the results of the checkpoints.

From what I understand your stance was that the cops overstepped their bounds in these videos, and that checkpoints are ineffective based on the fact that everyone in a video of successful constitution thumping was allowed to pass. I'm not convinced either of those statments are true.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Zorp Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 20:30:36

I feel like you've kind of made my point. It's difficult to even gauge whether this works, so there is some evidence both ways.

However, there are other ways they can better use these man hours. Ways that some of these studies suggest particularly because they are known to be more effective. And they don't even impinge on any civil liberties. I would have thought you'd be on my side on this one mrford ;)

mrford Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 21:03:03

My wife was nearly killed by a drunk driver. Was in the hospital for quite some time. 3rd time offender. Suppose I have a different perspective.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Zorp Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 21:17:01

Originally posted by Zorp:
Won't someone please think of the children?!

BladeEWG Game profile

Dec 20th 2014, 21:50:18

I'm all about the easy
I'd never waste so much time arguing about something so trivial and I'd just answer the stinking question and be on my way
Principle be damned, life's too short to waste on stupid crap
Just answer the question and be on your way to the store for more ammo
What's the problem?

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 21st 2014, 3:45:18

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
I'm all about the easy
I'd never waste so much time arguing about something so trivial and I'd just answer the stinking question and be on my way
Principle be damned, life's too short to waste on stupid crap
Just answer the question and be on your way to the store for more ammo
What's the problem?

Not answering the question is answering the question.

The right to be silent ;)

Im all for reducing illegals, but having to pull everyone over just to ask if you are a citizen is retarded and a big waste of resources. Its like a mini military camp set up! All you have to do is say yes lmao. There also should be a method where it does not punish everyone just to find the few. Put those agents on the border instead, and allow use of force to shoot them when they hop back in the water to get away. The issue is that there is no deterrent to enter the US illegally.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

Oceana Game profile

Dec 21st 2014, 12:21:04

The part of it only taking 15 sec. is BS.. I sat on high 15 heading North from San Diego in dead stop highway for about 20 min. before the slight "10 sec" question so it results to far more of an inconvenience then slight....
Result continue on my trip back to China Lake at 90 mph making up the lost time.

juice Game profile

Dec 21st 2014, 13:48:45

mrford...you're ok with these checkpoints because someone almost killed your wife in a drunk driving accident?

So, will you be ok with random gun checkpoints after someone almost kills your wife with a gun?

it's illegal to carry a gun if you don't have the proper permissions, license, whatever. So, if police, or some other government agency decided to set up a checkpoint near your home and stopped you every time you went by, and asked you if you had a gun, then, if you answered yes, detained you so they could check the paperwork, would that be ok with you?

What would these border partol checkpoint people have done if any of these people answered no? would they detain them, or let them be on their way?

What would they do if an illegal answered yes? would they tell the person, you are lying, and we're going to detain you? How do they ever catch anyone?

Luckily for me, I've never gone through a checkpoint like this. I have gone through a couple of DUI checkpoints, but they were on a very small scale and the officer simply waved me through without saying a word to me. I guess you'd have to be really fluffed up to screw up that checkpoint...unable to drive straight for 100 yards at under 20mph.

If you want to catch illegals, take the money away from these jobs and use it as a reward for tips to successful catches. Also, if you purposely give false information in the hoes of gaining the reward, you will be charged and fined. This would probably produce better results without the inconvenience of so many innocent people.

NOTE: my ideas to find another way may not be the best, but they only took a few minutes to think up. Imagine what could be thought up from someone who has more time and experience, and actually works in a position to catch illegals...if only they took a little time.