Verified:

khangherng Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 0:41:37

this country been hitting me everyday like having his breakfast everyday, sometimes multiple times per day

2014-12-08 23:47:43 PS MacXGee (#57) erloud (#33) 288A (409A)
2014-12-06 09:50:36 PS MacXGee (#57) erloud (#33) 254A (404A)
2014-12-06 09:39:56 PS MacXGee (#57) erloud (#33) 265A (465A)
2014-12-05 01:35:05 PS MacXGee (#57) erloud (#33) 245A (427A)
2014-12-02 00:49:17 PS MacXGee (#57) erloud (#33) 158A (269A)
2014-12-02 00:47:00 PS MacXGee (#57) erloud (#33) 182A (347A)
2014-12-02 00:45:37 PS MacXGee (#57) erloud (#33) 200A (428A)

none of the above attack i can hit back (no matter LG, Missile or even spy operation), the message show that the Generals wont allow me to hit such big opponent.

but instead, he can hit me like whenever he wants and like

is this game suppose to be unfair like this?

is this how a No.1 country became no.1???

LATC Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 1:24:29

Humanitarians range means a country can hit any country that is between 1/4 his NW to 4x his NW.

So you need to be at least 1/4 his NW to hit him back. What's happening is, as a commie he sheds NW when his military sells on the market, putting you in his humanitarians range at the start of his day. Once he hits you and runs his turns his NW goes up making you less than 1/4 his NW.

If you want to attack him, you should keep $$ in hand instead of buying military, that way your NW doesn't go up so he can't come in range of you and hit you. When you are ready to attack him, use the money you've saved up to get in range and AB/Missile/Spy op him.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

mac23 Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 1:56:01

*grabs some popcorn* now that the cat is outta the bag! Who in the heck came up with the cat outta the bag thingy anway?? lol

Ka Mac

Dec 9th 2014, 1:58:35

*hides*

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2014, 3:22:51

Dirty fluffy cat ^
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 3:39:18

Oooh

Yeah just check back multiple times a day, when you see his networth has dropped, that means his goods have sold. If you are above 1/4 his net.... Drop them bombs. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

yylim80sss Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 7:42:43

Feel pity for you. Some just using the net worth different as an advantage.

Stay low for now.
Get warfare, stockpile missiles and cash,

Be patience. And wack him back.

If I were yu

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 10:09:49

How very irritating.

You have had good advice on why the situation has arisen and what you can do. The nice thing is that when you find a way to get round the humanitarians/country too big problem your retaliation will hurt. When a much smaller country hits a much bigger one the damage tends to be disproportionately high.

In fact it is possible to play an entire set dedicated to getting your own back. It goes under the name "suiciding". A very effective way to suicide is to build an intentionally small country (by which I mean low in acres) and to focus on Warfare tech and Spy tech. Because the country has few acres it will be possible to get those techs to maximum quite quickly. Missiles will now be produced very regularly. Also SPAL (spies per acre of land) will be very high and damaging spy missions will succeed a high proportion of the time. Knocking down a bunch of the enemy's buildings (with Bomb Buildings missions) is particularly irksome and regular bioterrorism can also be quite a pain.

A small country will not, by these means, get into a position entirely to destroy a big one. But it will force the bully boy to stop paying attention to achieving increases in their networth (which is what they want to do) and instead retaliate the attacks fom the suicider hoping to put an end to their suiciding. And while they do this they will tumble, most satisfyingly, down the scores list.

So effective is suiciding that skilled players avoid creating enemies in the way this person is doing. By his or her irritating attentions to your country s/he demonstrates that they have a lot to learn about the game. :)

iccyh Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 19:27:42

While suiciding may be satisfying in the short term, it doesn't fix anything in the long term. Better play is the best protection from getting grabbed like this in future resets; practice and learning are your best bet.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2014, 20:01:38

Originally posted by iccyh:
While suiciding may be satisfying in the short term, it doesn't fix anything in the long term. Better play is the best protection from getting grabbed like this in future resets; practice and learning are your best bet.

However, if you use same country name every set, people will think twice before farming you.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

iccyh Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 20:10:53

If you run a solid enough country, no one will think once of farming you.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2014, 22:13:55

People remember you better when you wreck their country with few weeks to go holding a top spot hope.
(•_•)

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 22:29:05

Nothing wrong with running a "solid counntry". That is something that can happen in it's own good time.

Meanwhile getting your own back is:

1. good fun; and

2. you get to learn a whole lot about running a country.

iccyh Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 22:40:02

I'm really uncomfortable with telling new players that suiciding is a good idea, and is a good way to spend time. Encouraging them to stockpile, jet up, and retal strikes me as far more useful, and a way better way to teach the country hitting them a lesson.

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 23:35:32

You play in Alliance too much iccyh. Play on the solo servers - have a bit of fun in the rough and tumble. :)

SkyKing Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 0:20:07

Oh I beg to differ. I learned my lesson today.

khangherng Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 0:38:44

thanks for all the advise people

Ka Mac

Dec 10th 2014, 1:47:10

@SkyKing

He's using that name set after set, I usually put him on my DNH. :D

OT:

I told the TS in PM and ingame, that he should set an example. He has missiles and it's not only me who multi-tapped him. He should unload some of those missiles (I don't mind if it's on me because I deserve it) so people who's looking at his country news will think twice before breaking GDI on him. Not a lot of land this set so I've decided to start multi-tapping. I'm running out of targets, but before I do that, I usually look at the news. Few countries multi-tapped him before me and he DID NOTHING. So I thought he's a newbie and will not fight back and also I can outrun the NW. There will be lots of RISKY grabs, we are all expecting this given this number of players playing this set, are'nt we? :)

LATC Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 1:52:47

*TIME TO GRAB KA MAC*

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 10th 2014, 2:03:54

giggidy
wasn't me...

Ka Mac

Dec 10th 2014, 6:55:50

Originally posted by LATC:
*TIME TO GRAB KA MAC*

Will bump my defense then. :P

silentwolf Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 9:52:22

errr iccyh a mod ? da fuk

he is right by the way.. teaching the new guys to suicide is fun and all but the best way is for them to learn to play.. :) in a wicked way.. others at top will be "hoping" the competition gets suicided.

better to outplay rather than to suicide.

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 10:31:42

You don't choose between suiciding and playing "a solid country". What you do is learn the mechanics of the game (which, happily, you can go on doing for a long time) and you apply your knowledge to attain different objectives.

In this guy's present circumstances revenge is what he wants. Learning about humanitarians and "too large to hit" has advanced his understanding of the mechanics. The advice he has had about how to circumvent that problem also. Shortly he will be on the other end of things, bottom feeding and outrunning any retal. Same information, different objective.

To say, there is only one way for a beginner to play - solid - is like the stance people take in Alliance, one camp adamant that netgaining is what it is all about the oher camp endlessly saying no, no it is a war game. Now the objectives in an alliance trying to net and in one warring are as different as they can be. And it is good that the game offers such a range of different goals. But you apply the same understanding of how the game works in all cases. And all the information, whether gained while playing solidly or when suiciding, is of use.

iccyh Game profile

Dec 12th 2014, 17:26:06

That's a misreading of how things work in alliance. A lot of those netgainers are accomplished fighters in their own right, while a lot of those fighters could easily netgain if they bothered to. The same skills are used to properly prepare countries for either case, on alliance.

When you suicide, you're deciding that your reset is effectively over. You're getting into a fight with a bigger country that's going to be able to strike back and likely win any kind of prolonged fight. You open yourself up to other countries hitting you since you're completely focused on the one, as well. What happens if you decide you don't like suiciding? Wait until next 'set? You can always do it later on if the rest of the round doesn't go how you'd like, but you can't unsuicide.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 12th 2014, 21:27:12

But you can effectively get your point across so people know how relentless you are, setting up future resets of less troubles. Suiciding doesn't have to be a newb, rainbow hitting and then getting farmed all set long. It can also be a country simply standing up for himself and going to war to show that he stands up for himself and his beliefs. All depends on how you look at it.
The EEVIL Empire

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 12th 2014, 22:07:52

There is something in that. But for me, I don't mind it when someone grabs land from my country - I grab land from others, my land will be grabbed when I am not strong enough to keep it. But I do not like it when someone treats me as though I just don't exist, hitting multiple times in the casual belief that they can do so with impunity.

In that case I will bust a gut to demonstrate that there IS a consequence.

Not for the sake of future sets but for the sake of my wounded pride.

deezyboy Game profile

Dec 13th 2014, 18:09:47

suiciding with a top ten for the win

LATC Game profile

Dec 13th 2014, 18:49:26

Originally posted by Furious999:
But I do not like it when someone treats me as though I just don't exist, hitting multiple times in the casual belief that they can do so with impunity..

That's them acknowledging you exist =D

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 13th 2014, 19:18:58

It acknowledges that my country (and its land) exist.

Acknowledging that I also exist tends to come shortly after the tanks/missiles/spies have visited. :)

now im nothing Game profile

Dec 15th 2014, 2:09:26

Too late for him this set! Teach next set to net. Teach this set to suicide! ha ha ha
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2014, 23:33:03

Originally posted by iccyh:
I'm really uncomfortable with telling new players that suiciding is a good idea, and is a good way to spend time. Encouraging them to stockpile, jet up, and retal strikes me as far more useful, and a way better way to teach the country hitting them a lesson.

Perhaps you missed my point, I see suiciding and wrecking somebody's country as two different practices, but that's just my thought, I'm not gonna die therefore...rEkT.

(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Dec 19th 2014, 23:35:36

Originally posted by mac23:
*grabs some popcorn* now that the cat is outta the bag! Who in the heck came up with the cat outta the bag thingy anway?? lol

http://mentalfloss.com/...ts-origin-let-cat-out-bag
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Souly Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 12:16:35

the easy way is to run a low defence heavy jetter, heavy spy with some big pile country... and ppl will think 2wice about hitting you :)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2015, 2:07:26

You know what I find most comical about this discussion is how easily the topic changed from how can I make this stop happening, to "suiciding countries".

In the solo servers, you're on your own, if you decide to farm some guy, and he wants to take it out on you, it's all his to do, whether you consider it suicide or not, it's an effective way to lesson someone on how to play well on the solo servers without the bullfluff that exists on the alliance servers. Thus it can be an effective lesson in manners and etiquette of the game.

What I generally do is beat the guy up until he's firmly in range, then I farm him back. And I'll make sure he knows why this is happening to his country. Then, the next round, he'll have learned something and be a better player.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!