Hopeless Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 15:56:06

thanks for the cash pdm

Untagged Hunter

Dec 6th 2014, 16:59:51

stop fluffblocking

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 19:27:13

PDM is fluffing pathetic and if any of you want that fluff stopped you should have killed the country awhile ago. That or kill PDM next set.

wari Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 19:30:49

PDM didn't buyout food to $65 yesterday.

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 19:38:04

Ok so the defense is that there is more than one piece of fluff? :P

iccyh Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 19:46:31

I'm no fan of buyouts and think they're usually pointless and wasteful, but they've been part of the game for ages. Calling them cheating and the like is pretty hilarious.

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 19:47:33

I didnt call it cheating if you are referring to me. It is pathetic though and I'd be down with someone killing that country a few weeks back when it was still possible ;)

iccyh Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 20:04:55

So, you'd punish doing something wasteful by doing something more wasteful that'd only create resentment rather than doing anything useful?

The point of aiding is to get a player to the most visible spot in the game and get some (positive) attention for doing so to show how good your alliance is. The best way to respond to that is to say that no one cares about aided countries, 'cause individual rankings are a poor measure of alliance worth, and that it is really easy to win when you're the only one playing. The worst way to respond is to go overboard with your criticism, suggest impractical and pointless responses, and drown out the reasonable criticism :P

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 20:32:30

Yes I would. Why would I let them take top spots they have no right to? Their players can either earn it or not.

Oh and there is nothing impractical or pointless about killing them. If some bigger clan smashed them next set I bet they wouldnt do it the one after.

iccyh Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 20:44:07

Since we're talking about Paradigm in context, let's look at them:

Last 'set, Paradigm fought on the winning side of a coalition war. They have friends, and they probably have a few favours they can call in. So, who are you suggesting hits them? Their allies? The people on the opposite side of the coalition war from last 'set, which would probably result in the war just getting fought all over again? I may be reading the specifics of the situation wrong because I'm not privy to anything related to alliance politics, but the general point stands: alliances don't just decide to spontaneously go to war against some other alliance, as there are a lot of other factors to take into consideration.

No one is going to bother when the individual ranks really don't matter that much to alliances anyway. There's good reason why people rarely aid their players to the top and it isn't because of fairness.

locket Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 20:51:35

I guarantee you it isnt because the alliance wants their max anw. It is because players are fluffing selfish or some clans actually value a top player instead of some lame FA to the top strategy.

Either way every country this set was run pretty pathetically so that isnt really a surprise that this kinda fluff pops up. When you are left with nothing but fluffty netters they do fluffty things.

wari Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 21:17:58

It's obvious to anyone who's actually been paying attention only one of the top 5 countries doesn't belong there.

iccyh Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 21:19:45

I'd have assumed all of them would have been in the top 10 anyway, to be honest, and I have been paying attention :P

WArriOR Game profile

Dec 6th 2014, 21:21:26

I can point at 2 that don't belong there
Ninja Kicked the Dam Rabbit

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2014, 21:46:35

lol. PDM member who doesn't approve here. funny thing was wari was talking on our clan forums earlier in the set about how he was going to make a killing reselling tech. guess this was the new "reselling" lol.

locket Game profile

Dec 7th 2014, 0:49:38

Ahh yes... reselling..

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2014, 1:11:03

Tirol?!
Originally posted by -Tirol:
Good luck and go for it. I think it's a slick maneuver; this is alliance server.. you live and die on the strength of your teammates. If that's where they wanted to put cash, then they deserve whatever they bought.

Nice,

-T

The REAL Tirol?!

When did you get back?