Verified:

chickenbeng Game profile

Jan 20th 2014, 20:25:03

Is double tapping against the rules or just something you don't do out of courtesy? I'm new and trying to figure out the game still so any help would be appreciated

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2014, 20:36:18

It's not illegal or against the rules, if you do it its asking for war.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 20th 2014, 20:40:16

Also make sure you join GDI before attacking anyone, if you aren't in GDI other non GDI countries can randomly war you.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

lenshark Game profile

Jan 21st 2014, 0:21:18

You can get suicided by countries you double tap even if you are in GDI.
Suicided here means a country can AB, BR, GS, Missile, or do any harmful ops against you.
So it's not against any game rules, per se. If you are netgaining then you just have to avoid that.

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Jan 21st 2014, 2:39:11

But it's just so easy to hit send twice...

Marshal Game profile

Jan 21st 2014, 9:43:40

Originally posted by qwertyqwerty:
But it's just so easy to hit send twice...

yea it is but not easy if defender decides to start abing/missiling you. if you are gonna hit twice then make sure that defender can't hit you (like grow outside hitting range).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

IXNeo Game profile

Jan 21st 2014, 11:07:38

double tap then buy tanks and sdi.

+bonus
IXNeo
Illuminati X
Division: EoS

alexsiki Game profile

Nov 24th 2014, 21:01:23

YOu can double tap like I did if the country is crap. How are they going to seek revenge if they are weak?

SkyKing Game profile

Nov 24th 2014, 21:27:23

If you are going to double tap you better be ready to quadruple tap. XD

VicRattlehead Game profile

Nov 25th 2014, 6:34:35

Originally posted by IXNeo:
double tap then buy tanks and sdi.

+bonus

Duh
Originally posted by SkyKing:
If you are going to double tap you better be ready to quadruple tap. XD

I like it. You're right.

damondusk Game profile

Nov 25th 2014, 15:31:37

Originally posted by alexsiki:
YOu can double tap like I did if the country is crap. How are they going to seek revenge if they are weak?

That's a bit short sighted of you. I run a bit of a slow start and folks make that mistake with me all the time. I break late and they end up throwing a big, crying hissy fit when they eat a few dozen chems a couple days later. Of course, I won't do that over a double tap, but 3+ and you're a greedy bastard deserving of every ounce of harassment I can muster =)

alexsiki Game profile

Dec 1st 2014, 22:47:52

Originally posted by damondusk:
Originally posted by alexsiki:

That's a bit short sighted of you. I run a bit of a slow start and folks make that mistake with me all the time. I break late and they end up throwing a big, crying hissy fit when they eat a few dozen chems a couple days later. Of course, I won't do that over a double tap, but 3+ and you're a greedy bastard deserving of every ounce of harassment I can muster =)

Does the double tap last the entire age? I thought maybe if I double tap they have a certain time to retaliate before I get protected again??

VicRattlehead Game profile

Dec 1st 2014, 23:13:11

Once GDI is broken, that's it, it's broken.

SkyKing Game profile

Dec 2nd 2014, 1:53:08

Aye, at that point it's better to preemptively keep them in the dirt. Only double tap someone you know you can dominate and out netgain. Otherwise you might have blown your set. Picking farming targets can make or break your set so do so after weighing the risk vs the reward. Do you have them beat in SPAL as well helps to. Moreso for any strat except techer. Techers have a MUCH harder time mitigating risk from double taping because if we have to start running spy ops to dispel missles then your losing productivity. Much easier to do it with a farmer, casher, commie who can still earn passively while taking care of potential problems.

yylim80sss Game profile

Dec 2nd 2014, 16:39:02

My advise is don't double tap. There are plenty more targets out there. Just spend 10 minutes more scouting and checking their stats. Don't be a lazy bish...;)

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2014, 17:23:21

It is not so much courtesy, chicken, more a matter of trying to avoid trouble.

No one likes their country to be successfully attacked and to give up land and other resources. After a single attack the player is very likely to look to see if they can attack straight back and, even if they can't, they will keep that opponent in mind and may seek revenge much later.

But two or more attacks tends to provoke a more vigorous reaction. If the person attacked cannot hit back with an SS or a PS they may well seek to get their own back by sending missiles, or tanks on Artillery Barrages or troops on guerrilla strikes or spies on any of the harmful spy missions which spies can be sent on. And having done so once they are likely to continue in the same vein.

Look in the news in any well advanced set and you will see countries exchanging these sorts of attacks. Neither is doing very much to raise their country in the scores list but they are working out the annoyance that comes from multiple hits.

Good players sometimes make multiple hits but only when they are sure the target country is so weak it will (not only now but in the future also) be unable to hit back effectively by ANY of the above ways. Much more often good players content themselves with a single grab - and try not to hit that same country again for the rest of the set.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 3rd 2014, 0:03:00

I try never to double tap. This set may be hard as there aren't really enough countries to grab once each.
The EEVIL Empire

mac23 Game profile

Dec 3rd 2014, 2:16:49

I 2nd that :(

now im nothing Game profile

Dec 3rd 2014, 3:10:38

I see some people double triple tapping and not taking much for it. Guess its selection of who to do it to. I am tempted to start double tapping a few people soon outa my reach.
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself