Verified:

iNouda Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 5:18:06

We probably need a new server-wide pact for suiciders. That seems to be how all the problems are being solved nowadays.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 5:44:27

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by tellarion:
But please, furious, I love seeing you tell me off as an inexperienced player. That part made me giggle :) I mean, gosh, I have ZERO experience on any other server than Alliance! How could I possibly know what it's like over in the wild west of primary?! But I digress...
I don't see you anywhere on the solo scoreboards. Are you dreaming of E2025 days gone by?

Oh goodness, I'm not on the scoreboards? I must be completely insignificant then! Thanks for following that!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 5:50:53

Well if you're not on the scoreboards then I guess you haven't played for 5 years

tellarion Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 5:55:46

Originally posted by blid:
The whole issue is what is a reasonable amount of defense to carry. If I'm an all-explorer, I don't feel the same need to carry heavy defense compared with someone bottomfeeding. That's logical, no? But every time someone gets hit and complains, morons like you guys pull the 'If you can't defend your land, you don't deserve to keep it'. Well guess what, you will never, ever, have 'enough' defense to protect your land if you're playing under those rules.

So yeah, very weak argument that you guys are making.
It's not a weak argument, it's just that you are attacking a strawman. OBVIOUSLY you can never have 'enough' defense, that's a tautology. A good enough player with a good enough country can always break any def you put up, esp since you'll need to have your def up at all times to prevent it, while they can stock with lower expenses until they're ready. I actually agree with you on this, when top countries get topfed in Primary there's always people who roll up and say "defend ur land lol" and it's nonsensical.

But I fail to see how that's relevant to things like fluffty suicide countries that have been grabbed 50 times and farmed into dirt being able to break top countries who allegedly had a chance to win.

See here's the interesting thing, blid, we're not even disagreeing with each other. I'm simply attacking the nonsensical statement that people typically make about one's ability to defend one's land. As you quoted above, most people should carry more defense. But that won't stop a dedicated suicider if they are determined to ruin your day.

Heston, glad to see your smiling face here. You've certainly made a positive contribution to the conversation.

Challenge still stands. I will break you and take your land and there isn't anything you can do to stop me. I'm taking all comers.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 5:57:05

Originally posted by Getafix:
Well if you're not on the scoreboards then I guess you haven't played for 5 years

Oh dear! My evil ruse has been discovered! I couldn't possibly have any experience on solo servers! That's just illogical!

Colo Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 5:58:30

Well tella is a tool.

Heston Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 6:09:19

Thanks tella im glad you noticed my smiling face. I am never here not having a good time.

Originally posted by Colo:
Well tella is a tool.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 6:28:51

Let's play a game next set, shall we? I will give you whatever time you feel is necessary to build up your country to what you consider 'good enough', and then I will break the fluff out of you. You morons keep talking about 'if you can't defend your land, then it isn't yours'. If you really think so, then take up the challenge and see how easy it is for me to break you.

So, which one of you jerkoffs wants to play ball?

PS: Yes, many people run with way too little defense. Doesn't mean your argument is correct either.

OK, sounds like a good bet. I accept. Choose your server.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 6:59:19

Tella u taking me on?
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 7:06:53

Tell you what Tellarion, I'll play you for your Modship.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 7:14:31

Oh no....GetAFix as mod? Might be a nice change in team...
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Heston Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 7:19:53

Not for getafix as a mod but for tella to quit. Which is a tarded idea anyway... tella would smash you making it a waste of his time.

Ps fuq tella

Heston Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 7:20:19

😀

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 7:21:58

There can be no suspicion of my involvement with anyone from Earth2025. I started playing about a month before Earth Empires was created. And after starting the game with ICN, I have been in the Monsters, who hold the highest ideals of honour, democracy and ethics of any clan in the game as far as I know.

Heston Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 7:32:46

This game isnt a democracy. Campaign for modship though, it will be a change of pace on the boards if you push hard enough in every thread. Gl

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 7:38:42

You are right Heston, its not a democracy. But principles of democracy can be upheld even within hierarchies. I stand for the demolishing of unnecessary hierarchies. If power is used for self glorification and pride, rather than to uphold the freedom of speech of diverse individuals and the just arbitration of disputes, then that power should be taken away and redistributed.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 8:46:44

*eats popcorn & leftover Halloween candy*

Cheers 🍺
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Hawkster Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 8:49:33

Let's play a game next set, shall we? I will give you whatever time you feel is necessary to build up your country to what you consider 'good enough', and then I will break the fluff out of you. You morons keep talking about 'if you can't defend your land, then it isn't yours'. If you really think so, then take up the challenge and see how easy it is for me to break you.

PS: Yes, many people run with way too little defense. Doesn't mean your argument is correct either.

Well that is a mute challenge. The point is not that you have enough defense that one cant do a LG (well ok to some it might be), but the real point is that you have enough defense to make doing a LG unattractive ... or in other words not efficient and worth the cost. An experienced and great player will know when its too costly to even bother doing a LG. If you have that amount of required defense you will discourage those players, sadly you wont discourage the ones like me who are not as experienced and good enough to know when not too.
Originally posted by One:
50kA and 4million turrets
vs
5kA and 3million jets

lol
Seriously is that what we are talking about. That is only 80 Turrets per Acre. That is not nearly enough. Start with at least 200 / acres minimum and really should be higher than that. If I ran that low defense, which I will admit I have, but I would expect to get hit.

Look I know, and you know that those statements about getting more def are BS, but throwing down such a challenge is just more BS to what, match their BS with.

Edited By: Hawkster on Nov 14th 2014, 12:12:29
See Original Post

tellarion Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 14:37:46

Originally posted by Colo:
Well tella is a tool.

You're just bitter that I said people know who braden and archaic are. And then I closed a thread that had devolved into back and forth name calling and calling each other retards. Sorry to ruin your fun :/

tellarion Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 14:47:21

Originally posted by Hawkster:

Well that is a mute challenge. The point is not that you have enough defense that one cant do a LG (well ok to some it might be), but the real point is that you have enough defense to make doing a LG unattractive ... or in other words not efficient and worth the cost. An experienced and great player will know when its too costly to even bother doing a LG. If you have that amount of required defense you will discourage those players, sadly you wont discourage the ones like me who are not as experienced and good enough to know when not too.
Originally posted by One:
50kA and 4million turrets
vs
5kA and 3million jets

lol
Seriously is that what we are talking about. That is only 80 Turrets per Acre. That is not nearly enough. Start with at least 200 / acres minimum and really should be higher than that. If I ran that low defense, which I will admit I have, but I would expect to get hit.

Look I know, and you know that those statements about getting more def are BS, but throwing down such a challenge is just more BS to what, match their BS with.

Dude, we're talking about people who are playing just to ruin other people's sets. If I want to suicide on, say, MD, then I sure as hell will put myself in the position of being able to break their entire alliance. If doesn't matter how much def they have, it would never be enough to stop me from getting my jollies off at their expense. THAT is what I'm talking about. People that say they obviously couldn't defend their land are making a stupid statement that ignores everything about this server.

You know how I defend my land? My tag kills you. THAT'S how I defend my land. Due to the way the formulas work, I can NEVER get my land back if someone decides to suicide by farming me, even if nobody else hits that suicider. That's a fact of the server. So my choices are what? Have less land? Silly for obvious reasons? Have more def? Obviously a good choice...up till a certain point. My goal is to win the set, and you don't do that by running abnormally high defenses on the offchance that some bored individual decides I'm the guy whose set is going to be ruined....

So where does that leave us? The winner is determined by ability, but also luck. Did I pick the right tag? Do I have enough defense to stop a determined suicider? Does my competition get suicided, allowing me to edge them out and take the win? Pretty fluffty way to play, imo.

Heston, get off my nuts. My next challenge to AT will be to ask everyone to find ONE post of yours where you're not insulting or attacking other people. I'd be fluffing shocked if someone actually managed to find you being civil on these boards.

PS: About modship, ask martian and qz. We need people badly and there's nothing stopping you from at least asking. It's not a trophy, and as far as I'm concerned, you can have 'my modship'. I doubt you'd be happy with it, though.

DotTC1 Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 15:26:58

And this is why I don't LG and just run an all explore country. A lot of untagged countries get all hurt when they get grabbed at all period so every single time you hit one you have to expect them to suicide because that is what a lot of them like to do (whether the LG was *farming* or not). While I'm sure there are some untagged countries run by reasonable people the suiciders give most untagged people a bad rep.

Trife Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 15:39:17

tella kicked my dog and stole my girlfriend

:(

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 15:44:49

Good answer Tella about modship not being a trophy.

I'll still take ya on one on one! How about two 1 man teams next team server. That starts in just a few days. If everyone will leave us alone we can fight it out and see if Heston is right and that you would "smash me making it a waste of his time" :)

tellarion Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 15:56:28

I can't play on Team, sorry. And we're talking about alliance server, so this would have to go down here, naturally.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 16:11:52

OK, well it was a fun idea.

SkyKing Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 16:18:45

Originally posted by iccyh:
Furious: This isn't a solo server, and alliances are a fact of the alliance server. Different strategies for different servers is entirely normal, and comparisons to solo servers are pointless.
I found this out firsthand with my experiment at the start of this set on this server. I needed much more communication and coaching than I thought and really didn't have what I needed to be doing explained very well after only having ever played primary. With learning the ropes and changing what we were doing 3 different times, I was totally thrown off on how to recover when I had committed myself to what I thought would be a viable strat. At that point, I realized I was only going to get the Tag I was in, in trouble, so I decided to cut ties for this round. It wasn't a matter of me getting owned per se, rather having a terrible setup of a country that I was assuredly not going to enjoy or be any help with throughout the set.

iccyh Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 16:49:54

SkyKing: I'm running into almost exactly the same thing trying to play on a solo server. It isn't a disaster for me, but I'm having to adjust my expectations of what's workable given the environment.

I really hope you give alliance a try again next 'set.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 17:17:59

The biggest problem for SkyKing is that we had a plan as a tag and the plan went to fluff, and we are stuck "netting," which to me is not the point of this server.

SkyKing Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 17:40:31

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
The biggest problem for SkyKing is that we had a plan as a tag and the plan went to fluff, and we are stuck "netting," which to me is not the point of this server.
That's kind of what happened. I purposely joined to not net and was trying to sharpen my teeth a little bit learning the etiquette and what not. I mean its totally not their fault my country sucked, I just wasn't flexible enough in what I was committed to doing to adapt. Had I had more familiarity with alliance I probably could have converted. In hindsight, I could have just switched to demo techer, taken the hit, and then proceeded from their. Unfortunately, I put myself in a position that required me to attack to gain land and without us going actively to war it left me with no viable targets to net around. Furthermore, based on what I read land trading was kind of frowned upon so I was stuck. I'll probably give it another crack next set. I learned a lot through the first two weeks of play.

SkyKing Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 17:46:17

Originally posted by iccyh:
SkyKing: I'm running into almost exactly the same thing trying to play on a solo server. It isn't a disaster for me, but I'm having to adjust my expectations of what's workable given the environment.

I really hope you give alliance a try again next 'set.
I've found primary to be a very interesting animal. So much can happen, some times you have to have uber patience and only play enough turns to keep from wasting them while you wait for the right time to ladder climb. At least when your playing a strat that charges from the bottom up. The key is efficiency per turn I feel. If I feel I'm thin, I only attack/build to redi, save the turns, attack again build to redi, save the turns, attack again. Then I go through my normal turn usage. At that point I'm significantly bigger getting a much better payout for my turns. I also help my charge from the pack by really committing to hitting my ideal bpt early. While other people play CS catchup later, your already saving turns from building at 70 instead of 35 (or whatever). I'm sure Commie would have to run it different but the other strats all benefit from this kind of early efficiency in terms of capitulating you to the top instead of hard charging early.

iccyh Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 17:52:24

Yeah, what I'm having to adapt to is how much more cautiously have you to play when you're not one of the countries at the top, because if you're small (for now) no one has any incentive to leave you alone. I got a little too big without making sure I had the corresponding defense. It isn't going to cost me too much this time, but I'll do things differently next time.

SkyKing Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 18:00:26

Just depends on what strat you are running. Being fat and using your turns is far superior to being fat and not getting to burn any turns while your bloated. Jets are a really good deterrent early I find (as a tyranny) while I think republics and demos probably all X early so are gonna be turret heavy until they get to the point where they must attack to grow.

Furious999 Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 18:03:00

It sounds to me as though you learned a lot from your Alliance server experience so that was worthwhile even though the immediate outcome was disappointing.

Don't get too caught up in feeling that you are letting clanmates down. Every clan values having anther member very highly, so just by tagging up you have already made a contribution. And every worthwhile clan puts time and effort into training people and is happy to be doing that.

I agree that the Alliance server is its own world. Maybe this land trading thing is something to try. Numbers of people are going in for it so I think it has to be accepted that it is not an exploit. For myself, though, I am not willing to forgo traditional netgaining by finding fat targets and grabbing. Obviously this means most of the time my country is going to get crushed but I intend to look for whatever methods may be available to deal with that which will be fun enough for me. I finish up dueling on the solo servers about two sets out of three and have just as much fun from that as from the sets where I manage to net throughout. It is not so different. Last set was a special case because of the server wide, full set warring. But I managed to play with traditional netgaining for about half that set. I accept, though, that you probably can't do so as a member of any of the major clans. They just have so many pacts.

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 18:54:56

"There are currently 465 countries in the Alliance server."

Get out while you still think you have a life.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Heston Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 19:10:34

"Heston, get off my nuts. My next challenge to AT will be to ask everyone to find ONE post of yours where you're not insulting or attacking other people. I'd be fluffing shocked if someone actually managed to find you being civil on these boards. "

Make the challenge and be prepared for the shock. Although peeps will have to dig. You do the exact same fluff. So fluff you sissy la la.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 19:24:44

http://www.earthempires.com/...-aodt-1084?t=1273110887#q

Same guy?

Originally posted by Heston:
A half wit in our clan decided to throw class out the window of his p.o.s. car throw it in reverse and back over it repeatedly. I along with many others are outraged at the bigotry displayed by Donny with the name he made with a specific country. This does not reflect my values as a human being and I refuse to play with such b.s.
Please accept our apology to NBK and the entire EE community. Know that we do not accept such foolishness.

Heston - AODT Assassin

Heston Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 19:39:44

Yep thats me. I dont think it counts because im not fluffting rainbows.

Edited By: Heston on Nov 14th 2014, 21:31:51
See Original Post

Riddler Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 21:42:59

I'm the only one Tella didn't reply to....interesting...maybe because my argument has merit and he has no counter argument?

braden Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 21:45:10

Originally posted by Riddler:
I'm the only one Tella didn't reply to....interesting...maybe because my argument has merit and he has no counter argument?

!! NO THAT IS WHEN HE CLOSES THE THREAD AND FOCUSES ALL HIS ENERGY ON RUINING TEAM SERVER FOR ME AND ELEVEN OTHER PEOPLE

Trife Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 21:54:33

nobody seems to care that tella kicked my dog

iccyh Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 22:05:14

/me kicks Trife's dog.

Riddler Game profile

Nov 15th 2014, 1:22:49

*kicks iccyh's dog and pisses on Trife's dog*

sheesh I'm bored

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Nov 15th 2014, 20:17:32

what i need defense for? God Hath Commanded Thou Shalt Not Steal!

don't be blaming it on me for not having defense and tempting your moronic ass into a lifelong servitude in hell.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

BlueCow

Nov 15th 2014, 23:04:17

My challenge still stands.

Challenge accepted I will take the bait
Slagpit
Mar 31st 2024, 15:13:02

If you sincerely believe that the game admins are lying to you then you should obviously quit the game.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2014, 1:29:50

jerkoff ?

let me do a little (heavy-handed) re-editing ...

Let's give you a feel to build up your 'good enough', fluff out morons, it isn't yours. If you think so, then see how easy it is for me to jerk off you.

whatever turns you on i guess

The day of the topfeed is dead - the sooner tags and players get that out of their heads, the better.

Personally, i prefer to kill the jerk off than to retal.
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Home Turf Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 2:14:33

Im still waiting
HT

Riddler Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 3:50:47

Originally posted by Akula:

The day of the topfeed is dead - the sooner tags and players get that out of their heads, the better.

+9999999999999999999999

tellarion Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 5:33:12

Originally posted by Heston:
"Heston, get off my nuts. My next challenge to AT will be to ask everyone to find ONE post of yours where you're not insulting or attacking other people. I'd be fluffing shocked if someone actually managed to find you being civil on these boards. "

Make the challenge and be prepared for the shock. Although peeps will have to dig. You do the exact same fluff. So fluff you sissy la la.

And yet, the posts I make aren't constantly directed at a single individual. I'm really sorry I had to turn you down when you asked to be the president of my fan club. It was nothing personal, but vamps had already filled the position.

Maybe you can start a new chapter, though?

tellarion Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 5:41:55

Originally posted by Riddler:
I believe the argument is really about "topfeeds" and what is considered a "topfeed" I would say for it to be a topfeed you would have to have 50% more land AND NW than me, if your nw is lower or equal to mine but you got 10k more acres...guess what, you are a landfat fluff and I'm gonna get some of it.
And tella you could probably landgrab me, probably rather easily but I most assuredly will be able to retal it. because a properly built country doesn't mean going all jetter to break someone. ;)

The reason I didn't respond is because you're not an idiot. You realize what I'm talking about, and why people who make the fluffty argument don't understand. Yeah, a tiny country can stock up, go all jetter, farm the entire server, and nobody can get their land back due to formula restrictions and DR. Only the first one or two people even have a chance of getting their land back.

But still, let's go for it. It's not an idle challenge. We'll set some ground rules later, such as you aren't allowed to whine if you can't retal :) You can either retal it on your own, or you can't. Simple :)

tellarion Game profile

Nov 16th 2014, 5:42:57

Originally posted by Akula:
jerkoff ?

let me do a little (heavy-handed) re-editing ...

Let's give you a feel to build up your 'good enough', fluff out morons, it isn't yours. If you think so, then see how easy it is for me to jerk off you.

whatever turns you on i guess

I'm not even talking about topfeeds.