Verified:

tellarion Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 15:19:13

Let's play a game next set, shall we? I will give you whatever time you feel is necessary to build up your country to what you consider 'good enough', and then I will break the fluff out of you. You morons keep talking about 'if you can't defend your land, then it isn't yours'. If you really think so, then take up the challenge and see how easy it is for me to break you.

So, which one of you jerkoffs wants to play ball?

PS: Yes, many people run with way too little defense. Doesn't mean your argument is correct either.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 15:23:29

Weak point tella. very weak. just because it's always possible to break someone doesn't mean people should not be able to defend against a guy who's been farmed all reset and hit 50 times. And which of these two things is relevant to the current discussion
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Furious999 Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 15:24:08

Planned strike

Because your forces take great care in planning the attack, they get a 50% bonus in attack strength.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 15:40:30

The whole issue is what is a reasonable amount of defense to carry. If I'm an all-explorer, I don't feel the same need to carry heavy defense compared with someone bottomfeeding. That's logical, no? But every time someone gets hit and complains, morons like you guys pull the 'If you can't defend your land, you don't deserve to keep it'. Well guess what, you will never, ever, have 'enough' defense to protect your land if you're playing under those rules.

So yeah, very weak argument that you guys are making.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 15:40:38

My challenge still stands.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 15:43:12

this sounds like primary.. which is fun.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 15:51:25

I was given a piece of advice once that (in express server) carry half your net in turrets.

$1,000,000 networth, have 500k turrets to deter attacks.

Completely different server, I know, but once I adopted the strategy it seems to work as far as deterring attacks.

I wonder what the country that sparked this argument had for defense.

You can argue that the weight your alliance carries is defense enough.. but you won't win that argument against and untagged suicider.

Carry more defense, not because it will make you unbreakable, but because it could help convince a suicider to find a different target.

But what do i know!!

tellarion Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 15:58:49

Originally posted by Home Turf:
There is a solution for getting your country suicide on. ITS CALLED A PROERLY BUILT COUNTRY

Originally posted by Hopeless:
Same sh¡ts different set. Dumbasses should stop being cheap and carry more defenses. HAHAHA

Statements like these are so off base it's hilarious. I'd love for either of them to take the challenge so I can show them what a properly built country looks like.

And yes, buttman, I usually carry a fluff ton more tanks than others my nw do, because I know there are assholes out there just looking to ruin my set as well.

Furious999 Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:00:04

tellarion if you had a little more experience you would know that on the solo servers no country near the bottom of the scores list has any chance to break a country near the top.

But in 1a reliance on tag protection and the web of pacts has encouraged people to run less and less defence. That someone with just 2 million jets could do what this guy did demonstrates how far this process has gone.

I don't knock the strategy of beating out the opposition by carrying lower expenses. But when someone comes along and demonstrates that it is a strategy with a large and obvious risk attached it is daft to say that the person who makes the demonstration is doing something wrong. And it just does not matter what their motivation is. Revenge, thirst for land, the joy of a really big grab, the desire to cut down a tall poppy, as long as they get fun from it the game is being enjoyed in exactly the way it is set up to be enjoyed.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:02:25

Originally posted by tellarion:
There is a solution for getting your country suicide on. ITS CALLED A PROERLY BUILT COUNTRY

Originally posted by Hopeless:
Same sh¡ts different set. Dumbasses should stop being cheap and carry more defenses. HAHAHA

Statements like these are so off base it's hilarious. I'd love for either of them to take the challenge so I can show them what a properly built country looks like.

And yes, buttman, I usually carry a fluff ton more tanks than others my nw do, because I know there are assholes out there just looking to ruin my set as well.

That first quote is off point, I agree.

A properly built country is still not unbreakable, just sounds like trolling.

iccyh Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:07:51

Furious: This isn't a solo server, and alliances are a fact of the alliance server. Different strategies for different servers is entirely normal, and comparisons to solo servers are pointless.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:13:50

Originally posted by iccyh:
Furious: This isn't a solo server, and alliances are a fact of the alliance server. Different strategies for different servers is entirely normal, and comparisons to solo servers are pointless.

I don't think the comparison is pointless. Unless it is against the rules to play on the Alliance server without a tag, the strength of your alliance can potentially mean nothing. Political strangth and FDPs and unaps and whatever they might be called are not as strong as JETS. Alliances are a fact of the alliance server, but do you think an untagged suicider gives a fluff?

Ban playing this server untagged (silly) ..OR.. you guessed it.. carry more defense.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:17:04

PS - im not championing suiciders nor am I untagged or anything, just seems to me that people depend so much on the strength of their alliance and political status that they forget that turrets stop jets, not pacts.

iccyh Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:23:35

As I've said (on the other thread, where I'll be happy to continue this particular line of discussion if you want, but not here), this is the alliance server and there's no reason why we should cater to untagged players here when they're less than 2% of the land, and less than 1% of the NW. Untagged suiciders shouldn't be something that the alliance server has to deal with.

Trife Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:24:02

So, which one of you jerkoffs wants to play ball?

I'll take your challenge!

tellarion Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:24:48

Originally posted by Furious999:
tellarion if you had a little more experience you would know that on the solo servers no country near the bottom of the scores list has any chance to break a country near the top.

Let me just stop you there, lol. You obviously have no idea what my experience is on solo servers....

But in 1a reliance on tag protection and the web of pacts has encouraged people to run less and less defence. That someone with just 2 million jets could do what this guy did demonstrates how far this process has gone.

I don't knock the strategy of beating out the opposition by carrying lower expenses. But when someone comes along and demonstrates that it is a strategy with a large and obvious risk attached it is daft to say that the person who makes the demonstration is doing something wrong. And it just does not matter what their motivation is. Revenge, thirst for land, the joy of a really big grab, the desire to cut down a tall poppy, as long as they get fun from it the game is being enjoyed in exactly the way it is set up to be enjoyed.

Yes, most people on the other side of the coin can agree with these things, more or less. Most netters make a cost/benefit analysis when determining how much defense to run. The benefit of keeping expenses low outweighs the cost/risk of potentially being hit by a suicider/asshole.

The problem with your way of thinking is that it's hard to determine what an 'appropriate' level of defense is. At almost no point in the set can you be completely risk free from reprisal/fluff moves. THAT is my point. Yes, many people SHOULD run with more defense. But to completely brush off THEIR point is absolutely idiotic. It doesn't matter how much def I have; if someone is determined to fluff my set over, they will find a way. They are assholes deliberately looking to ruin someone else's fun to get their own jollies off.

And when those people get fluffed over by little fluffs, they complain. And when they complain, people like Hometurf and Hopeless above respond with the absolutely stupid response: 'If you can't defend it, you don't deserve it'.

Again, to summarize my point: Yes, most people should increase their defenses, but no, you will never be safe from assholes.

But I'd love it if someone wanted to tell me I'm wrong and take up the challenge...

Trife Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:27:12

Yoo hoo! I'll take you up on the challenge! Over here mister!! Pick me pick me!!

Furious999 Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:36:59

The thing that stands out, tellarian, is your insistence on calling someone with whom you are playing a game ugly names.

For you to have any chance either to see matters through the eyes of the guy who made the grabs or to understand the points made about inadequate defences you need to take that particular emotional log out of your eye.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:40:35

Tella's response is typical internet tough guy keyboard ninja bullfluff. "Think you're so tough? I'll show you!"

Nice job of accomplishing exactly nothing with a thread whining about whiners and throwing down the gauntlet to all.

I'm with trife - pick me.

Trife Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:46:25

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
I'm with trife - pick me.

I was here first damnit!

tellarion Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:46:25

Originally posted by Furious999:
The thing that stands out, tellarian, is your insistence on calling someone with whom you are playing a game ugly names.

For you to have any chance either to see matters through the eyes of the guy who made the grabs or to understand the points made about inadequate defences you need to take that particular emotional log out of your eye.

Welcome to the internet, good sir. Please tell me a better term to use with people who play simply to ruin someone else's enjoyment of the game? I guess I could say griefers. Would that make you feel better?

And way to ignore my earlier comments about your own actions this set. When mean old Evo was picking on your poor alliance, how did you respond? By trying to use the EWPP as your retal policy, and talking to anyone that would listen(including the cesspit that is AT) about how mean Evo was, and how you just want to be left alone. Pot. Kettle. Hypocrite.

Vic, I'm fairly certain Trife is joking, but if he's being serious we'll have fun with it. The thing is, he knows I'm right. Apparently you don't, however. So I guess you're accepting the challenge? What week/day would you like me to prove you wrong?

Nice job of not even acknowledging the reason I posted this in the first place, though. If me calling people out on their bullfluff is me being a keyboard warrior, then hot damn! I must be the baddest motherfluffer in this whole place!

Trife Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:49:36

Vic, I'm fairly certain Trife is joking, but if he's being serious we'll have fun with it. The thing is, he knows I'm right. Apparently you don't, however. So I guess you're accepting the challenge? What week/day would you like me to prove you wrong?

I do know you're right. :) And I'm dead serious about this as long as pact terms apply to the retal ;)

tellarion Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 16:50:52

But please, furious, I love seeing you tell me off as an inexperienced player. That part made me giggle :) I mean, gosh, I have ZERO experience on any other server than Alliance! How could I possibly know what it's like over in the wild west of primary?! But I digress...

grimjoww Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 17:03:07

i challenge you Tella. PM me ur country # next set :D

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 17:03:22

Maybe if you didn't farm the fluff out of people then they wouldn't suicide, just a thought....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 17:12:10

But please, furious, I love seeing you tell me off as an inexperienced player. That part made me giggle :) I mean, gosh, I have ZERO experience on any other server than Alliance! How could I possibly know what it's like over in the wild west of primary?! But I digress...
I don't see you anywhere on the solo scoreboards. Are you dreaming of E2025 days gone by?
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 17:14:04

The whole issue is what is a reasonable amount of defense to carry. If I'm an all-explorer, I don't feel the same need to carry heavy defense compared with someone bottomfeeding. That's logical, no? But every time someone gets hit and complains, morons like you guys pull the 'If you can't defend your land, you don't deserve to keep it'. Well guess what, you will never, ever, have 'enough' defense to protect your land if you're playing under those rules.

So yeah, very weak argument that you guys are making.
It's not a weak argument, it's just that you are attacking a strawman. OBVIOUSLY you can never have 'enough' defense, that's a tautology. A good enough player with a good enough country can always break any def you put up, esp since you'll need to have your def up at all times to prevent it, while they can stock with lower expenses until they're ready. I actually agree with you on this, when top countries get topfed in Primary there's always people who roll up and say "defend ur land lol" and it's nonsensical.

But I fail to see how that's relevant to things like fluffty suicide countries that have been grabbed 50 times and farmed into dirt being able to break top countries who allegedly had a chance to win.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 17:52:24

If someone can AB you with 10,000 tanks get more tanks noob.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 18:31:14

Someone may be carrying low defense but have 100m bushels stocked. I get hit like that sometimes in Alliance, Team and Primary. I can generally sell bushels to exactly match the NW of the attacker, buy up plenty of Military Strategy, and get way more acres back than I lost.

If you have a clan to enforce basic rules of etiquette and PS trading pacts, plus you have lots of resources to counterattack anyone who messes with you, then its pretty safe to carry low defense and maximize your income when you are running turns.

Home Turf Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 18:33:48

Im game we can fluffing start right now if you want
HT

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 18:35:42

Im game we can fluffing start right now if you want

lol sweet

BLUEEE Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 18:38:28

one of the MDrs hit by the suicides had 4mil turrents. so to say the defenses were weak. IS A BS argument. there is no defense that someone who wants to break wont be able to break. all they ahve to do is stock all set like everyone else destock early while prices are high. and thus have all the cash to break Whatever defenses are in place.

Home Turf Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 18:38:36

Well it seems tht Im as usual a day late and a dollar short. Looks like Im about third in line but you can put me on the list. You wont break me. Ill farm the fluff out of you if you try.

Really dude, lay off the drugs man.
HT

Home Turf Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 18:41:08

So why cant the defense player do the same thing the offensive player does and be making military and stocking, and getting tech and , and ,and and

Plus his defensive allies might have a few things around to help with defense also.
HT

iccyh Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 18:45:09

...because the attacking player chooses when to hit, and generally the defenders are aiming to destock at the end of the 'set for NW rather to break someone or suicide?

You just asked why you can't pre-emptively buy up to prevent landgrabs that you don't know are coming, you know that right?

Heston Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 18:52:23

Antother post trolling to prove a-sexual gameplay is best for the server. Tella threw you off by setting his pills on the table (which they are not). Landtrading all x ftw!
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

blid

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 19:04:39

Originally posted by BLUEEE:
one of the MDrs hit by the suicides had 4mil turrents. so to say the defenses were weak. IS A BS argument.
4m turrets is really really weak

Furious999 Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 19:05:56

BLUEEE you make the point better than anyone. Several weeks ago I needed 7 million jets to carry out a retal on someone who already then had 5 million turrets. And one of that guy's defence allies already then had 9.5 million turrets.

Your notion that 4 million is a large number at this point in the set is naive in the extreme. Four million is tiny.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 19:08:42

there's a difference between

"unbreakable turrets, nobody can hit me"
and
"enough turrets to probably stop untagged suicider who has been farmed all reset"

tella's argument here seems to be presume that there isn't.

also 4m turrets isnt enough to stop either. this guy broke through without even using PS

Untagged Hunter

Nov 13th 2014, 19:56:52

I will play as untagged next set just to farm traders with low defense and no allies.

braden Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 20:30:25

trife couldnt run a country out of a wet paper bag let alone successfully stop a tella-attack

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 21:19:07

In primary I carry 20 million turrets...

Trife Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 21:28:57

Originally posted by braden:
trife couldnt run a country out of a wet paper bag let alone successfully stop a tella-attack

I KNOW DIS, BAE ;) tella will be able to grab me whenever, i'm just doing it for the juicy retals i'll get to take

and shutup, my fascist casher is doing wonderfully

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 13th 2014, 22:47:49

Tella is angry. Clearly angry.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2014, 22:50:47

YAh hehe

Riddler Game profile

Nov 13th 2014, 22:58:29

I believe the argument is really about "topfeeds" and what is considered a "topfeed" I would say for it to be a topfeed you would have to have 50% more land AND NW than me, if your nw is lower or equal to mine but you got 10k more acres...guess what, you are a landfat fluff and I'm gonna get some of it.
And tella you could probably landgrab me, probably rather easily but I most assuredly will be able to retal it. because a properly built country doesn't mean going all jetter to break someone. ;)

One Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 0:39:48

50kA and 4million turrets
vs
5kA and 3million jets

lol

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 0:58:13

Bring it Tella...
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 14th 2014, 1:23:28

You know what tastes better than tears of sadness?

Tears of Anger. The higher salt content of each tear can be used to season my french fries and fried chicken.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2014, 1:34:19

There is no definition of top feed because they do not exist anymore. Especially with the advent of 80% L:L there is just no such thing. Sorry!