Verified:

Viceroy Game profile

Nov 9th 2014, 23:11:39

Is there a comprehensive, current list somewhere that I am missing? I have no idea where to go to find this information.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 9th 2014, 23:23:56

no list (up-to-date list).

mARTIAN is head mod and either warster or tellarion mod primary.

I suggested ~month ago that mods and their contacts would be updated but .......

http://www.earthempires.com/...-and-solo-servers-33612?t
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Viceroy Game profile

Nov 9th 2014, 23:28:19

Thanks, Marshal

Is the preferred method for reporting anything on this server still to contact them directly via PM? Is that information posted or listed somewhere?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 9th 2014, 23:43:36

pm and/or irc #earthempires is best, mods have shared email ( i think) but beats me how often they read it.

illegal alien has his own @earthempires.com-email just like qz et co.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2014, 0:16:30

Do tella and warster really moderate this server?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 1:16:09

According to Iccyh we don't deserve to know.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2014, 1:18:47

It was Red X and galleri but I don't know if either of them do it anymore.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Viceroy Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 1:20:05

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
According to Iccyh we don't deserve to know.
This made me laugh, in no small part because it is true.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 2:43:08

Tella's title is express mod and Warster's title is team and express mod (and he has said he doesn't mod team).

Gallery and Red X were mods but Gally has as much perms as we do now aka none and Red hasn't posted since oct 15th so that leaves only Tella and Warster to mod outside gameadmins (Qz and Pang and Zarcon) and mARTIAN.

Iccyh is right actually cause we don't know who mods what server, for example nobody knows (has ever known) who mods Alliance and FFA (nobody mods team) outside mARTIAN as thhat thread I made month ago states.

Nov 10th 2014, 4:36:30

Marshal, you think it's ok for us to not know? Cuz that's what iccyh says.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 15:33:55

no it isn't since if we need to file petition or report cheater/whatever then we don't know who to contact (outside illegal alien, qz and pang have better things to do gamewise than check if petitions are valid etc) since we don't know who mods what server. that's why I made that freaking post.

atm it seems that we don't deserve to know.

Viceroy Game profile

Nov 11th 2014, 3:27:33

We deserve better. If y'all stay on here, I hope you find better. If y'all are like me and just deleted your country on both the alliance and primary servers, then I hope you find it elsewhere. Either way, I wish you all nothing but the best.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2014, 3:30:12

Someone will come in here soon and tell us who the mods are I'm sure. Just wait.

h2orich Game profile

Nov 11th 2014, 4:42:55

time to cheat while nobody is moderating.

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2014, 4:55:33

Perhaps you can go to the "Report cheaters" link on the main page and submit your information there. Isn't that exactly what this is for? Or does this not actually work?

As long as that works and actually gets some sort of response, I'm not sure why you'd need tl know who mods what.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2014, 14:56:39

Originally posted by h2orich:
time to cheat while nobody is moderating.

Unfortunately this is true. Worse, there are fundamental holes in the game security that allow people to collaborate and cheat on the solo servers by transferring wealth from one country to another via the market and there are no moderator tools to check it.

But the best moderators are the players themselves. When we see blatant cheating going on we don't need necessarily need a moderator to tell us. We haven't got that many players. We know who has a reputation for fair play and who doesn't.

Its good in a way that people are able to cheat. This gives them enough rope to hang themselves. The game would be less interesting if everything was so simple and regimented that there were no grey areas in the rules and in the game mechanics.

I find that one of the interesting aspects of the game is the way your actions in the game reflect on your character. You may "win", or "lose" in wars, or in NW, but what do your actions say about who you are? Are you a person of honour, or a scumbag. Are you willing to work to learn the game, or are you prepared to use the easy way to beat everyone and cheat.

You may win a few sets by cheating but your reputation will be permanently blackened.

If your self esteem is so low that you don't care, its pretty sad. You will be discovered and the community of players will heap their scorn on you and you will probably quit. Cheaters are generally cowards and when you attack them they wimper and whine and call you a bully, but before long they go away. Or you may find their hot buttons and goad them into doing something outrageous like death threats. Thats what I did to JJ23. I didn't have to be a moderator to destroy him on the Boards.

Now I don't want to sound like a one man super hero. In the case of JJ23 Warster was also closely involved in JJ's destruction. And with CX, I helped goad him into his cowardly self deletion in the Primary set after his disgraceful cheating with the market a year or so ago, but blid and iZarcon did a good job of sticking a few pins in him too.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2014, 17:48:13

I've played a lot of Warcraft II in the past and there was this one guy who was one of the best of the best, but got caught hacking a few times. A lot of people hated him for it but he was actually a pretty introspective and interesting guy. Anyway, he responded that yes, he'd cheated a few times and named some of the times he cheated, but that it doesn't make him a bad person in real life and people in the game didn't know him really and couldn't judge him. It was interesting. I actually think he IS a good guy who just made mistakes because he was young and didn't value the integrity of the game very highly. That was for his case. But on the other hand, Luke 16:10 I think is correct most of the time.

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 11th 2014, 20:13:31

hey i've only been primary mod for half a reset,
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2014, 20:38:12

i think the question is just ARE you the mod.

sounds like yes

crest23 Game profile

Nov 11th 2014, 20:49:22

Yeah, look @ Viva. You see his true skill level in Primary where he doesn't have shanelee to stay focused and help him for 2 months straight.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 11th 2014, 21:34:12

But as it stands outside of Martian I'm the only mod in primary

Red x has disappeared, I guess it might have to do with his ffa alliance dying and 1a tag merging.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Marshal Game profile

Nov 11th 2014, 21:40:07

reddie busy at school and work etc.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 11th 2014, 22:06:26

That would explain it :)
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2014, 22:25:12

Its a good time for you to become active again Warster

blid

EE Patron

Nov 11th 2014, 22:27:11

yes. good luck and godspeed, warster.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 11th 2014, 22:56:52

It's the only reason I'm active, I count 2 mods (not including Martian) who I've seen active in the last 4 weeks
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Nov 12th 2014, 1:26:58

I volunteered to help mod servers I don't play (express and FFA) and got a cool, thanks, passing it on reply from qz, then nothing. Oh well.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 12th 2014, 1:47:17

Yeah that was discussed and the current mods opinions were noted, but we are still waiting for qz or Martian to announce it or whatever they plan to do.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Nov 12th 2014, 2:43:39

My guess at the current mod opinions:

Warster: Who?
tellarion: Rattlehead? That guy's fluff.
qz: I think he tries to be helpful
martian: That guy's a fluff
Pang: Well, sometimes he stops being a fluff at least for a little while

Close?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2014, 16:49:41

Originally posted by blid:
I've played a lot of Warcraft II in the past and there was this one guy who was one of the best of the best, but got caught hacking a few times. A lot of people hated him for it but he was actually a pretty introspective and interesting guy. Anyway, he responded that yes, he'd cheated a few times and named some of the times he cheated, but that it doesn't make him a bad person in real life and people in the game didn't know him really and couldn't judge him. It was interesting. I actually think he IS a good guy who just made mistakes because he was young and didn't value the integrity of the game very highly. That was for his case. But on the other hand, Luke 16:10 I think is correct most of the time.

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

Its pretty scary when blid starts quoting the Bible.