Verified:

iccyh Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 2:46:01

iNouda: Haven't I seen you say elsewhere that this is your netting 'set?

tellarion Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 6:35:28

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Blid seems dismissive and Heston amused.

And my "do you speak it" comment is a line from pulp fiction.

Yeah, I know that. You're using the quote to claim that my reading skills are inadequate.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 10th 2014, 6:42:36

Originally posted by Symac:
You wrote a 1304 word essay about a spam tag. What the fluff dude.

You copied and pasted to get a word count. What the fluff dude? :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 6:42:51

Originally posted by iccyh:
Like every other server, this one is competitive, Viceroy. If people can't compete, the fault for that belongs on them alone and not on the rest of the server.

As a side note, I find your characterization of the status quo as "my way" pretty amusing, as if my opinion about how things should be (which I'm pretty sure I've never posted) matters more than how things actually are.

And pretty much what Iccyh said here... If you play like a real alliance(which can be war or netting, that doesn't matter), then people treat you with respect.

When I say 'real alliance', I mean the following:
1) Have tag protection( which could just be 1 commie that knows what they're doing).
2) Understand the retal policies of other alliances, and server norms.
2a) Of course you can set whatever fluffing policy you want, but other alliances will choose whether to accept them or not.
3) Have a real FA. Someone who knows who and how to contact other alliances, and is willing to put in the effort to reach out and make connections with other alliances.

Case in point with Titans: I was trying to work with them from the moment this fluff started, and I offered Reps and even my own countries land to make it right. WHILE I was trying to communicate with them, their members were offloading 30+ missiles, with each member setting their own policy and doing whatever they want. Which leads me to my next point:

4) Have some basic organization. Teach your members how to behave, and communicate what's going on.

Just having a tag doesn't make you an alliance. Just ask Fazer. Or better yet, go ask DK and TPA how they managed to successfully introduce a new tag to this server and continue to thrive...

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 10th 2014, 6:48:33

TPA already knew what they doing :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

iccyh Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 7:21:50

Wait, you offered land?

There's no way I'd have hit if I knew you were going to do that.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 7:24:20

Well you're a jerk so..

iccyh Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 7:25:22

I only play one on AT, or at least that's I aim for?

Sorry!

Symac

Nov 10th 2014, 11:48:33

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by Symac:
You wrote a 1304 word essay about a spam tag. What the fluff dude.

You copied and pasted to get a word count. What the fluff dude? :P

Yeah, because the 2 seconds it takes to open a new document in word and hit ctrl+v is equal to the time to write such an eloquent post as this.

also TL;SR

crest23 Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 16:05:55

Originally posted by tellarion:

Yeah, I know that. You're using the quote to claim that my reading skills are inadequate.

Reading is a SKILL. Singular.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

iccyh Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 19:58:32

Symac: This didn't take me that much time. Writing isn't that hard when you already know what you want to say.

Besides, if I'm going to write about something game-related, Titans is more interesting than most large alliances these days, where I could write endlessly and not hope to change anything. Maybe this way something changes, and Titans gets pissed enough to do something right instead of being horribly mediocre.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2014, 20:01:54

Case in point. Hypocrite.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

VicRattlehead Game profile

Nov 10th 2014, 20:23:44

Originally posted by tellarion:

In fairness, that's because you are showing your reading comprehension to be inadequate.